U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:46 AM

3,863 posts, read 1,175,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And that's exactly what explains the internet atheists and the backslappers around here who swarm to attack every Christian that speaks the truth.
You make it sound like Atheists have a large population.

What is the ratio between Atheist to xian in your world BFun?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:57 AM

26 posts, read 2,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
groups where people come together to celebrate and love the Creator will always exist.

as humanity evolves to become more compassionate, more peaceful, and more attuned to the loving God that made us all, religions will become more accepting of each other. They will still exist but will no longer claim to be the "only" way to love and celebrate the Creator. Some religions already have this in place. The wisdom of this will be seen and will be picked up and practiced by other religions. Everyone has access to God regardless of the path they take.

I sure would like to see this happen. Reminds me of how we are supposed to be in/entering the Age of Aquarius where the sisterhood/brotherhood of man is a reality. Where everyone is respected regardless of religion or no religion. Hope that all the division sown in the previous age we're leaving will not be seen again.

Old Today, 08:42 AM

39,572 posts, read 11,034,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if humankind on this planet was seeded by beings from elsewhere, then there are no humans native to this planet. As the indigenous people across the planet recognize, we came from the stars.

all of us.
Doesn't stop us being Humans anymore than Americans are Americans, no matter where their ancestors came from came from.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I understand where you're coming from but I'm not sure I agree. There are entities here who actively seek to destroy the planet and the life-giving beings upon it. They go around from place to place sucking up resources that do not belong to them. I'd argue that if your mission appears to be to destroy everything in your path, and destroy the things that promote life on this planet...well, you're some other kind of being.
Unfortunately, that is a Human trait. It didn't matter when we were hunter-gatherers(1), but it has got more of a problem when we graduated from merely turning forest into dustbowls to having the technological ability to turn the land into garbage -tips, the seas into sewage and the air into fart-gas.

(1) though I watched a vid recently on how the Australian natives pretty much wiped out the Megafauna with hunting-by-fire tactics. And of course the extinction of the Dodo was blamed on them being too big and clumsy to live, when it was actually humans introducing animals that devoured their natural forage and their eggs that wiped them out.

Old Today, 12:50 PM

13,122 posts, read 13,736,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Doesn't stop us being Humans anymore than Americans are Americans, no matter where their ancestors came from came from.
Humans yes. Native to the planet no.
Humans are evolving into the more advanced lineage that seeded us on this planet. It is grand.

The Creative Source of all that is (for instance trillions of galaxies resplendent with life) is powered by love and benevolence. That's why it is said "God is love"

We (humankind on this planet at this time) are toddlers learning to play well with others using free choice to choose peace and solution instead of destruction and war. We are making great progress.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; Today at 01:02 PM..

Old Today, 01:00 PM

It is grand, I agree. But I fear that we may be like the s0- lucky son of a rich parent. Doen't know what to do with his riches or himself and trashes the lot and himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or