Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive said before, I believe extraterrestrials will publicly 'show themselves', explaining that they are here to help us and ultimately, try to claim to be our true creators.
I already know a handful of people that believe we should be worshiping these beings
i don't follow the logic. if humankind on this planet was seeded by off planet beings, that makes them our parents. that makes sense. worshipping them does not. they are family. we don't worship our parents. "creator" is different from "parent."

when humankind stops being so barbaric then these more evolved, more advanced beings from other dimensions will present themselves. they are humanoid like we are, just more advanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Do you remember that Seinfeld episode where George says, "Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." Classic!
And that's exactly what explains the internet atheists and the backslappers around here who swarm to attack every Christian that speaks the truth.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Mine also.
Org religion...not my favorite thing.
groups where people come together to celebrate and love the Creator will always exist.

as humanity evolves to become more compassionate, more peaceful, and more attuned to the loving God that made us all, religions will become more accepting of each other. They will still exist but will no longer claim to be the "only" way to love and celebrate the Creator. Some religions already have this in place. The wisdom of this will be seen and will be picked up and practiced by other religions. Everyone has access to God regardless of the path they take.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:59 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
when humankind stops being so barbaric then these more evolved, more advanced beings from other dimensions will present themselves.

First we have to stop pretending like everyone is created equal in this respect. There is a very specific group of people on this planet who are barbaric, and they happen to be a global minority. I don't think this planet is their native home. There was peace here before a certain element arrived by whatever means they did. THOSE are the people who need to and will be dealt with.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
First we have to stop pretending like everyone is created equal in this respect. There is a very specific group of people on this planet who are barbaric, and they happen to be a global minority. I don't think this planet is their native home. There was peace here before a certain element arrived by whatever means they did. THOSE are the people who need to and will be dealt with.
if humankind on this planet was seeded by beings from elsewhere, then there are no humans native to this planet. As the indigenous people across the planet recognize, we came from the stars.

all of us.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:58 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
I understand where you're coming from but I'm not sure I agree. There are entities here who actively seek to destroy the planet and the life-giving beings upon it. They go around from place to place sucking up resources that do not belong to them. I'd argue that if your mission appears to be to destroy everything in your path, and destroy the things that promote life on this planet...well, you're some other kind of being.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:26 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
i don't follow the logic. if humankind on this planet was seeded by off planet beings, that makes them our parents. that makes sense. worshipping them does not. they are family. we don't worship our parents. "creator" is different from "parent."

when humankind stops being so barbaric then these more evolved, more advanced beings from other dimensions will present themselves. they are humanoid like we are, just more advanced.
Just because they created us, doesnt mean, we are related to them in some way.

We have NO idea of their technological abilities, we may be nothing like them at all.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
if humankind on this planet was seeded by beings from elsewhere, then there are no humans native to this planet. As the indigenous people across the planet recognize, we came from the stars.

all of us.
I believe thats what the Sumerians claimed too (and they were the first!)

This does seem possible, of all the different life on the planet...Man seems to be the only species that is not in harmony with his environment, 'man' is more like a virus on the planet than anything else, so who knows?

Old 08-05-2019, 03:20 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And that's exactly what explains the internet atheists and the backslappers around here who swarm to attack every Christian that speaks the truth.
You just make yourself and your religion look absurd when you just do denialist bashing like this.

Old 08-05-2019, 04:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You make it sound like Atheists have a large population.

What is the ratio between Atheist to xian in your world BFun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality