U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 04:48 AM

78 posts, read 7,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Have you seen the movie ďDay After Tomorrow.Ē It has a time-reboot theme. Not years at a time, but days.

Groundhog Day is another movie like that but only one day kept repeating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatYourWheaties View Post
Ok so lets say youíve been living as yourself through alternative lives for over 100 years of non linear time. Would you believe me? Any thoughts on the meaning? Almost like a time loop with a fixed start date but indeterminate ending and then repeat.

There is a lot of talk about how every choice we make creates an alternate reality where we do live out the consequences of the path not taken. Infinite realities. The looping back to the start is the only new piece of this I hadn't heard before.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:47 AM

17 posts, read 3,457 times
I find very little conversation out there on spiritual experiences on the web. Maybe I’m just not looking in the right places. I’ve found some sites that share stories but traffic is so light. Everyone seems so concerned about current day affairs like politics but I feel people are so short sighted. Anyway if you had these experiences what would you do?

I’ve thought of trying to share my experiences to some broader section of the public than this forum to raise awareness on spirituality. But I’m afraid people will think I’m nuts. Also not sure how that fixes my problems of recurring lives.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:03 AM

You could try Reddit's Parallel Universe sub or their Glitch_in_the_Matrix sub or Psychic sub...there may be more. If I had experiences like this..dunno. Probably just start journaling anything unusual about them. In a way to me its along the lines of a past life. I'd just think to myself, it may or may not have happened but I gotta live in this life/reality which to me is enough to deal with. Its interesting though.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:13 AM

23,099 posts, read 10,610,050 times
Quote:
I find very little conversation out there on spiritual experiences on the web. Maybe Iím just not looking in the right places. Iíve found some sites that share stories but traffic is so light. Everyone seems so concerned about current day affairs like politics but I feel people are so short sighted. Anyway if you had these experiences what would you do?

Iíve thought of trying to share my experiences to some broader section of the public than this forum to raise awareness on spirituality. But Iím afraid people will think Iím nuts. Also not sure how that fixes my problems of recurring lives.
When significant numbers of people experience the same thing, people become somewhat accepting of some point of view. When experiences described are rather unique, then yes, some will perceive you as being a nut.

And don't you think that general principle is somewhat logical?

Old 08-03-2019, 09:12 AM

17 posts, read 3,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
When significant numbers of people experience the same thing, people become somewhat accepting of some point of view. When experiences described are rather unique, then yes, some will perceive you as being a nut.

And don't you think that general principle is somewhat logical?
Yes I know it was more just wishful thinking. Iíd actually love to be perceived as a complete and utter nut than pretending something else to be true and living a lie like I have all this time.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:30 AM

9,048 posts, read 5,218,118 times
Quote:
I find very little conversation out there on spiritual experiences on the web. Maybe Iím just not looking in the right places. Iíve found some sites that share stories but traffic is so light. Everyone seems so concerned about current day affairs like politics but I feel people are so short sighted. Anyway if you had these experiences what would you do?

Iíve thought of trying to share my experiences to some broader section of the public than this forum to raise awareness on spirituality. But Iím afraid people will think Iím nuts. Also not sure how that fixes my problems of recurring lives.
Start a blog.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:45 PM

894 posts, read 201,782 times
Quote:
Ok I worded it very poorly. Not meant to be taken in the hypothetical sense. More to be taken as nervously sharing crazy story of my own life.
Then my answer as to whether or not I believe you have been time-looping is the same as my answer to someone who might claim to have been kidnapped by Alpha Centaurians and taken on a tour of the galaxy in their starship.

No, I do not.

Though, to be fair, extraterrestrial life and interstellar travel are at least conceptually sound in theory, whereas time-looping is mere science fantasy.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:07 PM

10,652 posts, read 15,804,727 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GncQtURdcE4

That pretty much answers your question. There is reason, we do not remember previous existences.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:52 AM

19,959 posts, read 20,064,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post

That pretty much answers your question. There is reason, we do not remember previous existences.
Then how do you know you had them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or