U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:41 AM
 
39,616 posts, read 11,053,326 times
Reputation: 5133

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What? You didn't understand that?

A Rep to the person that explains it.
The blueprint comes from DNA 'ecoded software' to use an imperfect analogy. The material comes from the same source as the material that replenishes our own bodies every year, though transferred through the mother.

This is of course JUST in case this person is really serious and to block any "Oh so atheism has no answer..." backchat.

It could be a wind-up but I am aware that some of these Bible - apologists have no interest in finding out the answers - the only point is to 'stump the atheist'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
23,010 posts, read 10,577,351 times
Reputation: 20623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
While it's against TOS to accuse another poster of being mentally ill, the sad fact is that a brain that for whatever reason loses the ability to distinguish reality from fantasy often manifests its delusions via religiosity. This goes beyond mere belief.
And that -- stated differently -- has long been one of my points. There is nothing wrong with faith, unless you can't distinguish the difference between faith and fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 12:36 PM
 
40,409 posts, read 26,920,307 times
Reputation: 6077
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Proofs that there is God:

1. We know that sperm cells and egg cell are in liquid form. When they meet (called fertilization) and after about 40 weeks, a baby was born. The baby died and buried. After a few months, it was exhumed. Where did the hair and skeleton come from?

2. A hen and a rooster. The hen laid eggs. You get one of the eggs and punched a hole to drink it. You let the other eggs to develop and become fowls. Did your drinking of the egg felt the beak and the feathers? Where did the beak and feathers come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,727 posts, read 12,291,335 times
Reputation: 16791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The blueprint comes from DNA 'ecoded software' to use an imperfect analogy. The material comes from the same source as the material that replenishes our own bodies every year, though transferred through the mother.

This is of course JUST in case this person is really serious and to block any "Oh so atheism has no answer..." backchat.

It could be a wind-up but I am aware that some of these Bible - apologists have no interest in finding out the answers - the only point is to 'stump the atheist'.
Was that an explanation of what he said?
If so, thanks for trying, really....could you say it again pretending I am in the 8th grade....slowly...defining your terms referring back to each thing he used as examples?
Or forget about it. Either way.

Cute Dr. Phil clip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 05:17 PM
 
12,905 posts, read 14,189,912 times
Reputation: 35372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Ohhh boy! Here we go.
Flying too high with the Guy in the Sky is my idea of nothing to do.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 05:44 PM
 
6,110 posts, read 2,336,163 times
Reputation: 2299
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Proofs that there is God:

1. We know that sperm cells and egg cell are in liquid form. When they meet (called fertilization) and after about 40 weeks, a baby was born. The baby died and buried. After a few months, it was exhumed. Where did the hair and skeleton come from?

2. A hen and a rooster. The hen laid eggs. You get one of the eggs and punched a hole to drink it. You let the other eggs to develop and become fowls. Did your drinking of the egg felt the beak and the feathers? Where did the beak and feathers come from?
Wouldn't the baby have bones before it died?

So the proof of a God is "I don't know how things work?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2019, 05:51 PM
 
39,616 posts, read 11,053,326 times
Reputation: 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Proofs that there is God:

1. We know that sperm cells and egg cell are in liquid form. When they meet (called fertilization) and after about 40 weeks, a baby was born. The baby died and buried. After a few months, it was exhumed. Where did the hair and skeleton come from?

2. A hen and a rooster. The hen laid eggs. You get one of the eggs and punched a hole to drink it. You let the other eggs to develop and become fowls. Did your drinking of the egg felt the beak and the feathers? Where did the beak and feathers come from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Was that an explanation of what he said?
If so, thanks for trying, really....could you say it again pretending I am in the 8th grade....slowly...defining your terms referring back to each thing he used as examples?
Or forget about it. Either way.

Cute Dr. Phil clip
The egg is fertilised. I was thinking of mammals but I should have been talking about eggs so that was probably where I led to confusion. I'll do both.

The egg is fertilised (Chromosomes combine). In mammals it stays in the female. I birds and reptiles it is within the egg. In mammals the mother supplies nutrients to the embryo. In the egg, the egg had the food supply. DNA triggers kick in and the embryo develops according the DNA blueprint. Some nutrients go to hair, others to muscle and others again to skeleton. That's where it all comes from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 05:30 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,727 posts, read 12,291,335 times
Reputation: 16791
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The egg is fertilised. I was thinking of mammals but I should have been talking about eggs so that was probably where I led to confusion. I'll do both.

The egg is fertilised (Chromosomes combine). In mammals it stays in the female. I birds and reptiles it is within the egg. In mammals the mother supplies nutrients to the embryo. In the egg, the egg had the food supply. DNA triggers kick in and the embryo develops according the DNA blueprint. Some nutrients go to hair, others to muscle and others again to skeleton. That's where it all comes from.
Thanks.
Was his point DNA is God? Did you get it the first x you read it, cuz I'd be very impressed with your brain.

"Did your drinking of the egg felt the beak and the feathers?" means what?
A baby is exhumed? What was that all about? Bones and hair?
It must be about the job DNA does...his point is the 'programing of DNA' is God or has to be from
an Intelligence. OK.

Now, that simple sentence I understand! Proves nothing, however.
You deserve a rep for trying...let's see if I'm allowed to~! Nope, I wasn't, yet.

I find it astounding a small apple seed holds a whole tree in it.
I don't use that to prove there is a God, tho!
But, this invisible power in it is fascinating! It grows my hair while I sleep, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 07:29 AM
 
3,755 posts, read 3,161,993 times
Reputation: 8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
And bad math. That's the real crime here.
Never mind the several times that the Dark Lord's name wasn't capitalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2019, 08:35 AM
 
39,616 posts, read 11,053,326 times
Reputation: 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thanks.
Was his point DNA is God? Did you get it the first x you read it, cuz I'd be very impressed with your brain.

"Did your drinking of the egg felt the beak and the feathers?" means what?
A baby is exhumed? What was that all about? Bones and hair?
It must be about the job DNA does...his point is the 'programing of DNA' is God or has to be from
an Intelligence. OK.

Now, that simple sentence I understand! Proves nothing, however.
You deserve a rep for trying...let's see if I'm allowed to~! Nope, I wasn't, yet.

I find it astounding a small apple seed holds a whole tree in it.
I don't use that to prove there is a God, tho!
But, this invisible power in it is fascinating! It grows my hair while I sleep, too!
I wuz pretty sure (because I've seen it before) that he was trying to find Something That Evilooshun (1)can't Explain'. We grow hair, teeth and bones (What is left after a sky - burial and the ravens have eaten the juicy parts, is easy evidence that we have them since you can't believe anything that them aytheist scientists say) but them ay-theist perfessors have no explanation where they came from.

and before the discovery of DNA, there was a lot of truth in that. We knowed we growed, but who told us how we had to grow..."God" or "Don't Know" were the only answers.

(1) worth explaining:

Evolution - the (verified) explanation for the diversity of biological forms (species)

Evilooshun "The atheistic doctrine of Darwinist scientists that everything happened out of nothing for no reason."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top