U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 06:03 PM

5,248 posts, read 2,569,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You are describing all those who wrote the biblical texts and translated them.
I am wondering what you find as chaos in Jesus' Sermon on the Mount ___________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:18 AM

21,992 posts, read 22,275,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaldude12 View Post
I don't believe there is any one thing that happens when you die. What happens after death is based solely on the person that died and their beliefs.

Many insist that after you die , everyone will either go to Heaven or hell. If I don't believe in either's existence , why should I be subjected to it after death?

What happens after someone dies is based solely on their beliefs they held when they were alive. If they believed in reincarnation , they'd be reincarnated. If they believed nothing happened after death , nothing would happen.

That's my take on life after death.
So do you exist right now just because you believe you exist? Could you, if you tried hard enough, simply convince yourself that you didn't exist and consequently cease to exist? What makes you think that's how it works after death?

I have my own beliefs about what happens after death. Other people have theirs. Many don't believe that anything at all happens after death -- that we simply cease to exist. I cannot even begin to fathom how what we happen to believe about life after death has any bearing whatsoever on what will actually happen.

Old Today, 08:25 AM

23,128 posts, read 10,616,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So do you exist right now just because you believe you exist? Could you, if you tried hard enough, simply convince yourself that you didn't exist and consequently cease to exist? What makes you think that's how it works after death?

I have my own beliefs about what happens after death. Other people have theirs. Many don't believe that anything at all happens after death -- that we simply cease to exist. I cannot even begin to fathom how what we happen to believe about life after death has any bearing whatsoever on what will actually happen.
This is a good example of why I usually like your posts.

Old Today, 10:50 AM

9,782 posts, read 10,523,786 times
You can believe anything that you'd like. But whatever happens after death has no bearing on your beliefs. It just happens.

Old Today, 04:24 PM

20,124 posts, read 14,354,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering what you find as chaos in Jesus' Sermon on the Mount ___________________
Other than the lies?

Why would you enable the meek?

A moral righteous person with solid high value ethics would teach the meek, rather than enable their behavior.

I did. That was my job. I took the meek and timid and taught them to be strong. Small simple tasks at first, then harder and more difficult and more complex tasks.

Those people gained confidence. Their ego and self-esteem improved and they became self-assertive. They became courageous instead of meek.

Jesus is a pathetic teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or