U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 02:53 PM

2,816 posts, read 1,907,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Maybe the moderator for the Religion and Spirituality forum can move the original post to the Mental Health forum?
If someone is imagining things, hearing voices, or has paranoid delusions then maybe so.
I for one do not necessarily dismiss the OPs descriptions, or experiences as not being real.
We do not know for sure what happens post death, or on the other side if you like.
There are all sorts of spiritual realms that are possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 03:40 PM

7,086 posts, read 3,865,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
It sounds pretty scary to me.
I have heard of people standing on the edge of volcanic craters, in Vanuatu and places, and then falling in!
Obviously they do not come back to tell the tale.

For the OP to describe this experience is just truly awful.
Quote:
If someone is imagining things, hearing voices, or has paranoid delusions then maybe so.
I for one do not necessarily dismiss the OPs descriptions, or experiences as not being real.
We do not know for sure what happens post death, or on the other side if you like.
There are all sorts of spiritual realms that are possible.
I hate to be the one to point out the obvious but the OP is not dead, he's very much here and alive and well.
And presumably still has all his skin and organs etc otherwise he wouldn't be sitting here typing on his keyboard and umm, telling us the 'tale' of the lake of fire.
In what sense are his tales 'real'?

EDIT:
Actually I've thought about this and there's no need to respond because clearly, the guy needs help, so I'm going to make an effort not to respond to any more of his posts as my posts aren't helping him much either.

But please take the time to think about this yourself.
Not only has this poor guys experience with Christianity seriously messed with him, it's also now messing with you, so I'd stop yourself going any further down that road. Nothing positive can come of it.

There's plenty of positive aspects to Christianlty as far as I can tell - embrace those instead.

Last edited by Cruithne; 08-23-2019 at 04:30 PM..

Old 08-30-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I hate to be the one to point out the obvious but the OP is not dead, he's very much here and alive and well.
And presumably still has all his skin and organs etc otherwise he wouldn't be sitting here typing on his keyboard and umm, telling us the 'tale' of the lake of fire.
In what sense are his tales 'real'?

EDIT:
Actually I've thought about this and there's no need to respond because clearly, the guy needs help, so I'm going to make an effort not to respond to any more of his posts as my posts aren't helping him much either.

But please take the time to think about this yourself.
Not only has this poor guys experience with Christianity seriously messed with him, it's also now messing with you, so I'd stop yourself going any further down that road. Nothing positive can come of it.

There's plenty of positive aspects to Christianlty as far as I can tell - embrace those instead.
Agreed.
The Hell concept has always disturbed me though.
And on the OP, there would be no physical damage if one is thrown into the Lake of Fire with another spiritual body, and then come back with the original earthly one you had beforehand.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:49 PM

11,203 posts, read 2,921,698 times
Quote:
Agreed.
The Hell concept has always disturbed me though.
And on the OP, there would be no physical damage if one is thrown into the Lake of Fire with another spiritual body, and then come back with the original earthly one you had beforehand.
The way the bible words it, it sounds to me like, when EVERYONE that has ever lived, is suddenly resurrected, and back on the earth again, they will be in flesh and blood earthly bodies, like they had when they were alive, (I did hear someone once say they thought people would come back in the mid 20s age range), although Im not sure why they thought this.

The problem as I see it with this, there will be both good and bad people back on the earth during this time, bible is not real clear on what these resurrected bodies will do while they are here,so who knows, it may look like 'Night of the living dead'.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:35 PM

4,480 posts, read 1,695,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sorry. I don't believe you. I'd suggest you should talk to someone about this.
You mean, like a good psychiatrist?

Old 08-30-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The way the bible words it, it sounds to me like, when EVERYONE that has ever lived, is suddenly resurrected, and back on the earth again, they will be in flesh and blood earthly bodies, like they had when they were alive, (I did hear someone once say they thought people would come back in the mid 20s age range), although Im not sure why they thought this.

The problem as I see it with this, there will be both good and bad people back on the earth during this time, bible is not real clear on what these resurrected bodies will do while they are here,so who knows, it may look like 'Night of the living dead'.
People that have been to Heaven say you are given back your body, in it's prime.
Yes it may be like an earthly body as well.
I am sure it is not some Zombie body though, like Return of the Living Dead.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM

77 posts, read 8,401 times
Everything I wrote is true. Billions of people know Hell exists & They know what I am talking about. That is all that matters

Old Yesterday, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Everything I wrote is true. Billions of people know Hell exists & They know what I am talking about. That is all that matters
I assume you mean the billions that are currently or already there?
Is there anything we can do to get them out though?

Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

11,203 posts, read 2,921,698 times
Quote:
People that have been to Heaven say you are given back your body, in it's prime.
Yes it may be like an earthly body as well.
I am sure it is not some Zombie body though, like Return of the Living Dead.
What about the people who return, but were NOT in heaven though? Have to remember, when this happens, it will be EVERYONE that has ever lived, so that will include people that were evil and did not make it to heaven, surely they will not have the same 'glorified bodies' as people in heaven.

Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM

23,601 posts, read 10,752,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
Where did you come up with that number? What is your source of that data?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or