Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 01:04 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,831,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Never heard of them.

Here you go. Great jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaGwgtN9Sc

Old 08-31-2019, 01:33 PM

22,991 posts, read 10,333,419 times
REALLY surprized at how much I liked that song. Did I ever tell that I can take a little grain of sand and make a castle? That I can make it rain whenever I want to, and I could even sail a ship on dry land. Really, just saying.

Old 08-31-2019, 01:40 PM

22,991 posts, read 10,333,419 times
This thread should be a joke thread.

Why would somebody believe in a God who took a sweet little grandmother who spent her life helping people for a mere 7 decades to then toss in a firery hell to torment for eternity with worms running through her flesh and never dying?''

What could a person do in such a short time that would deserve trillions of years of torment?

It doesn't make sense, and if anyone has any common sense, logic or reason, they would ask themselves what kind of God would do that, and what kind of people would follow such a cruel God?

Christians speaking about Concepts, idioms, traditions and rituals from a religion they do not study, practice or believe in.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:55 PM

1,378 posts, read 390,450 times
God basically threw me into the fiery lake whenever I didn't pay attention when He was speaking. I would just start babbling my Own Nonsense-understanding of life at Him while He was speaking, & He wasn't going to put up with that for a moment.

I'm not a Christian, & have never claimed to be one. I come from a purely Atheist family & group of people who never spoke of religion or God, & never attended a church. Yet God came & took me to see Hell when I was just a little kid & has manifested & visited me ten thousand times since then. I know it sounds crazy. Yet God has shown me the future thousands of times & it always comes true exactly as God shows me. Impossible things that just don't happen in my life & I would never imagine them happening in a million years, & yet they do happen as God showed me they will. Even yesterday God said "The Jews Are Going To Be A Major Player Today. And then shortly after that a Monument construction project I have been watching for months was finally completed 'yesterday '& the main builder or Boss came out in 'Jewish Rabbi's Garb' & Strolled around inspecting the monument 'before the public were finally allowed in. I had no idea The Jews were involved in the massive project. But God knew what was coming that day & made me aware beforehand.

So even though talk of Hell & God & Jesus etc etc etc sounds like fantasy, it is not always so. God is real. Hell Is real. And You May Quite Likely Be Going There If You Are A Devil Type Person Who Does Evil All The Time. God shows me the demons He keeps in caves & they are infinitely evil. If God wants to He can give you to the demons & they will torture you forever. He made me examine demons close up to observe the nature of evil. All I could surmise is that their infinite darkness & evil is the result of turning away from God & thinking only of themselves instead. They are selfish people who refused to serve God, & so they naturally became evil by having no good influence or guidance in their existence.

God said "The Only Thing People Own Are The Good Deeds They Do". God expects people to learn to be good & flee from evil. Then when you get to Hell & are judged 'you will be set free & taken to Heaven 'while the people around you are being thrown into The Lake of Fire

Old 08-31-2019, 05:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,333,025 times
Is it possible that some people won't go to heaven OR hell?

Old 08-31-2019, 05:04 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,684,675 times
Frankly, this 'lake of fire' must be a total nothingburger if you've been 'thrown into' it 'many times' and you're still alive and posting. Methinks you're undermining the whole BEHAVE OR I'LL HURT YOU! underpinning of the whole psychotic story.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:11 PM

yes God can place you into other worlds that are neither heaven or hell. It all depends on what you need for your growth. Some people are wicked & so they need to be burned in Hell for a while.

The soul is separate from the body & when you leave your body you find your soul is in another body that is still 'you' & you will burn in hell in that one if you've been bad. God spent a lot of time teaching me about the different bodies our souls are placed into. You can fall down dead & instantly stand back up on the spiritual side in a new body. It is instant & you won't know you are in a different body. It happens to everyone. No one can ever die. Death is an absolute impossibility.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:44 PM

10,509 posts, read 6,130,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Frankly, this 'lake of fire' must be a total nothingburger if you've been 'thrown into' it 'many times' and you're still alive and posting. Methinks you're undermining the whole BEHAVE OR I'LL HURT YOU! underpinning of the whole psychotic story.
Precisely. You'd think one dip in the hellfire, you would learn your lesson. Nope. Not even after thousands of dips.

I think god needs to come up with a different strategy because this one is clearly ineffective.... I mean with some people.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:52 PM

God has thrown me into the fiery lake many times as I have stated. Not millions or thousands of times, but many. It was all part of God's way of training me. At death I may be thrown into the lake of fire & left there. I don't know. I am warning all people that they are also going to go to Hell if they are bad, & it is a very real place; & so they ought to learn to be good souls instead of evil.

Christ taught you how to be good. Follow Jesus & you can't go wrong

Old 08-31-2019, 09:04 PM

10,509 posts, read 6,130,322 times
Someday I hope you will learn that:

* being a good person brings it's own rewards; such as love, friendship, happiness and being kind just for the sake of being kind and expecting no reward, brings joy in itself.

and not

* be good otherwise you'll be thrown into a lake of fire.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.