U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you supposed to be paying ten percent of your income to LEVITES?
Yes, we are supposed to give ten percent to the Levite who teaches us the Religion of God 0 0%
No, we don't need no badges, we don't need to pay anyone 0 0%
I am a Levite and so close to God, he teaches me his religion 0 0%
I pay taxes already, they already take ten percent and give to others, I pay for food stamps 1 25.00%
The offerings to the Temple are to sustain the Temple as a house of bread for the needy 1 25.00%
There is no such thing as Levites 0 0%
There are no Gentile Levites so why do people pay preachers? 0 0%
I am a Levite 0 0%
I have a personal relationship with God and I need no Levite 1 25.00%
God promises to make some Gentiles,'' Levites.'' is this true, what happens? 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 02:19 PM

22,142 posts, read 16,849,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What does being under the law have to do with your paganism?

You live in a make believe world, you can't even say what year it was when your religion began, and I have quoted Acts 21 and other verses a million times showing how Paul never left Judaism, he proves this in many places, especially Acts 21, but in your fantasy world, you see a lawless antichrist that has come to create lawlessness, and Jesus told us about you guys, and how the times would become lawless, how you would follow the lawless one, and here you are preaching lawlessness, paganism.

How you live with all your contradictions is beyond me, if you can't be truthful to yourself, who can you be truthful to?

I would ask you again, what year was it when Christians became lawless and pagan?

Jesus didn't come teaching you lawless Babylonian ways, we know what Jesus said, no matter how much you try and prove him wrong.

''Whoever doesn't keep the law and teaches others not to keep the laws of Moses wll be the least in the kingdom, not a very good goal Mike, but of course you say Jesus was wrong.
How you can live with your stubborn refusal to admit that Paul said that the church is not under the law is beyond me. The law which you want to place yourself under as a slave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 02:25 PM

3,933 posts, read 1,186,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
How you live with your stupidity is beyond me. You refuse to acknowledge and face the fact that Paul plainly said that the church is not under the law. The law which you want to place yourself under as a slave.
What did jesus (aka GOD) say?

Old 08-07-2019, 02:36 PM

4,454 posts, read 4,106,293 times
The bible says Paul was very hard to understand and be twisted.

2 Peter 3
15 and consider that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

We have grace because we break the laws of God, as sin is defined as transgression of the law, NOT Missing the mark, as so many state here. If it is missing the mark, the mark needs to be define what it is. If its Gods standards, his standards is the law.

The only thing that really changed in the law was he sacrificial system, and observance of Feast Days after the temple was destroyed is debatable too.

I guess the OP is also trying to get at why are people giving 10% of their income to a church.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:51 PM

56,676 posts, read 55,057,708 times
Moved from Christianity to general R&S. Not really appropriate for any subforum.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:16 PM

39,715 posts, read 11,078,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What did jesus (aka GOD) say?
That doing Good is more important than the (Mosaic) Law. That is the message that goes all through the Synoptic Gospels, at least.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:06 PM

15,118 posts, read 5,069,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
The bible says Paul was very hard to understand and be twisted.

2 Peter 3
15 and consider that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

We have grace because we break the laws of God, as sin is defined as transgression of the law, NOT Missing the mark, as so many state here. If it is missing the mark, the mark needs to be define what it is. If its Gods standards, his standards is the law.

The only thing that really changed in the law was he sacrificial system, and observance of Feast Days after the temple was destroyed is debatable too.

I guess the OP is also trying to get at why are people giving 10% of their income to a church.
The first Pentecost God spoke from a flame and 3000 died, the second Pentecost, God hovered over men in a flame of tongues and he spoke to all who could hear, and 3000 people were saved.

Pentecost is one of 7 events that all come down to a single day, even a single hour, and a single second where all sacrifices take place at once, and this makes all holy days, one single day.

You know that it is certainly not about keeping all the laws of a feast, the new moons and the feasts only pointed to future things, you know this.

Those future things all take place in a single minute.

Pesach, Unleavened bread, first fruits, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, all ten days to Yom Kippur, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Hashanah Rabbah, Shemini Atzeret.

We Christians claim that all these things happened on Nissan 14th.

Remember, all those things only point to a third Passover, and a third of each one of those events.

What does the third fulfilment bring?

The first Pentecost brought terror, SHEER FREAKING TERROR UNLIKE ANY MAN HAS EXPERIENCED.

Let's close our eyes and after being warned not to sin for 3 whole days, we are told that God will CERTAINLY visit us IN PERSON.

You have been told about this event, you have been told not to have sex with your wife and you are about to stand before God.

3 days, and I mean, 72 hours that you AINT GONNA SLEEP.

Can you imagine?

The hours click away and the hour has come, in the arena of your mind, you hear a very faint trumpet, and it begins.

The trumpet gets louder and louder in your head until your head is going to explode. A great and terrifying, consuming fire is lighting up the sky like a nuke.

TOTAL BRIGHTNESS BREAKS FORTH IN FIRE.

Then you hear and SEE the word of God, they didn't just hear it, they saw God's word as wave in an ocean of air, that all mankind heard in thundering booms, earthquakes, lightnings and fire.

3000 people were killed, and the entire congregation wailed, screamed and cried saying,'' OMG MOSES SAVE US.''

''Please Moses, don't ever let God speak to us again, lest we die.''

Imagine just how terrifying it was on the first Pentecost when 3000 people were killed.

Look to the second and how 3000 were saved.

Know this, the first pointed to a nation in death, the second pointed to two nations in life.

There is still a third event, this takes place on Tishri 15th, that is a fact.

The first day of the feast of Tabernacles is all sacrifices, all holy days moved to a single day by Ezekiel.

It is a progressive plan that starts with tribes and then nations, but the third event is an evolution of all mankind.

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath*days:*17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body*is*of Christ.*

Do the 7 Feasts of Messiah teach us about the third event?

It is going to be the third Passover, the third unleavened bread, the third first fruits, the third Pentecost, the third Rosh Hashanah, the third Yom Kippur, the third feast of Tabernacles, the third Hashanah Rabba, the third SHEMINI ATZERET.

The Third Event

Tishri 15th.

We are all sitting here waiting on the third event of all Holy Days, and while it began with a tribe, moved to a nation and nations, it is IN FACT, an ever expanding Temple.

Ezekiel changed the measurements of a cubit, and until Messiah comes, NO MAN CAN BUILD A TEMPLE.

NO MAN CAN DESIGN A TEMPLE IF HE HAS NO MEASUREMENTS.

Ezekiel expanded the length of what everyone knew a cubit to be.

I AM HANNIBAL, and no longer shall a foot be 12 inches, and this says Ezekiel........Jus like that, an ever expanding design, and no man could possibly build a temple lest he had instructions from Messiah himself, because of the fact, it has expanded.

The first spoke of tribes becoming a nation with a nomad tabernacle of animal skins, and then it evolved into a stationary Temple made of the earth, for a nation, then the temple becomes a city, an ever expanding temple, but all the while, the temple is showing what a human will become. HE, his walls will stand 1500 miles into space, He is the wall.

Do the 7 feasts teach of the future on humankind?

The body is Christ, the 7 feasts ARE CHRIST, Christ died so that a bride was taken from his own body, it is the creation of the bride. Pentecost is the betrothal to the bride, and that is just the spring, then comes the marriage, the honeymoon, the birth of a child from that marriage(AN EVOLVED HUMAN).

Then comes the circumcision. You are the body, all the feasts are if the body, the body is of Christ.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-07-2019 at 06:32 PM..

Old Today, 03:14 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,887,804 times
I certainly do not tithe to the church.
Some other groups do , and some substantially more than 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or