U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM

6,909 posts, read 3,820,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think that's true. It isn't true for me, anyway. I have expanded and changed my opinions and my worldview, particularly spiritually, in many ways since my twenties, and I've no doubt that I will continue to do so now that I've entered my seventh decade.

As a matter of fact, I would think a person who did not change some opinions has lived a rather stagnant life.

Agreed. I see life in whole different way than I did when I was younger.
I admit to not being so optimistic as I used to be. I'm definitely more jaded about people unfortunately.

On the other hand, some experiences have made me 'not sweat the small stuff' like I used to.
Nothing in life is so important as your family and your health. Everything else in life is a bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

6,794 posts, read 4,095,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I think that Tzap's question in post #2 is a very good one. I'd like to hear the answer.

But to your post, here is a quick summary that applies to me:

1. Christians don't own this country, and I for one will stand up and say that they need to be put in their place one little post at a time. They have every right that I have, but no more rights than I have.

2. Christians on this forum seem to always want to speak up and tell us "the truth". Well, I'll argue that point...often. There's is not the only religion out there, and it deserves no more respect than any other religion.

3. Believe it or not, as I wade through posts by some of the top...or should I say bottom...posters here, I learn things. It's not usually what they want me to learn. But I learn. And I assume others learn from our atheist posts, as well. Drip, drip, drip...one little post at a time.
Depending on where one is...one Religion or another may have a firm majority. And through that majority (by way of votes or consensus) the adherents can obtain more "rights" than those that do not concur.
Not so much in the USA any more...but Religion greatly rules many other societies, even totally rules them.

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM

10,645 posts, read 15,791,315 times
Not really quite on topic but, I believe, quite true in its general psychological aspects. As forum poster profile.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...e-trolls-troll

Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Status: "I care about your eternity. Sorry." (set 6 days ago)

212 posts, read 25,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Not really quite on topic but, I believe, quite true in its general psychological aspects. As forum poster profile.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...e-trolls-troll
Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting and clarifying.

Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

26,094 posts, read 13,567,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting and clarifying.
For any long-time mod, that's a fairly superficial examination of online trolls. The rot runs much deeper in some.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

23,057 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Depending on where one is...one Religion or another may have a firm majority. And through that majority (by way of votes or consensus) the adherents can obtain more "rights" than those that do not concur.
Not so much in the USA any more...but Religion greatly rules many other societies, even totally rules them.
Having lived in one for a while, duh. But my post was not about other countries. It was about the country I and most posters are currently residing in.

Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM

6,909 posts, read 3,820,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
I wish all atheist were like you.
Thank you!

There are many like me.
- Maybe not so many that frequent this forum-

But I think on CD there's this strange idea that atheists are all militant anti religion types, when the reality is that most atheists just don't believe in god, and that's all it means, with no agenda. Just people getting on with their lives. You probably know a lot of atheists without even realizing it.

Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM

613 posts, read 100,101 times
I visit to frighten myself by seeing all the hell fire brimstone religious people who exist in the world. It's a bit like the thrill that comes from going to see a horror film. Argh!

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM

12 posts, read 968 times
Often religion is a touchy subject to discuss in person, making it well suited for a forum such as this, particularly for debate. It is only when we confront those whom we disagree with that we can shape and define our own beliefs. This venue could assist with that.

I find it interesting to come across unique ideas that I may not otherwise encounter. For a writer like me, it can also be a wonderful exercise in "people watching" and allow me to better shape authentic characters and round out plotlines. Kind of like how a chef uses spices when cooking.

Old Today, 12:23 AM

5 posts, read 716 times

Quote:
To all who visit and comment in the Religion and Spirituality forum. Why?
I come to these atheist infested places to save souls by letting people know that I have met God in person & all atheists & critics are just cretins who should be ignored for life.

Since I was a child The Lord God has manifested & taken me to see Heaven & Hell. I am made to watch people being brought into Hell & judged for their evil; & then they are thrown into the lake of fire '& I watch them burning in agony & 'reaching up & screaming for mercy. It is awful & you all will be going there if you are bad. It cannot be avoided.

And Jesus did not pay for your sins. God told me He Will Not Be Bribed With The Blood Of His Son To Forgive Your Sins.

Why any non believer comes to these types of forums is a mystery. They should go away & get a Spiritual Life & then return
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or