U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 10:27 PM

3,076 posts, read 3,279,313 times

Advertisements

Am I a fish or what?

The pdf which is the source of this post is Open Source and has no copyright. If you do not believe me, see page 3 of the document linked.

It comes from here

For me, it explains the points made very well, so whether you agree with the philosophy of breatharianism or not or whether you believe it is possible or not, doesn't matter.
It is the information which matters and you take what you like and leave the rest.
Many saints and holy people have fasted for extended periods of time without a problem, but how ?
Maybe they were moving towards breatharianism ?

=======================
Am I a fish or what?

Once upon a time I had a fish. I decided to experience the life of a fish.
How is it to be a fish? What does the fish do, and why? What does the fish
feel? Can it be a non-eater? What kind of emotions does the fish experience?
I was interested in knowing answers to such questions. So I decided
to explore it. I was curious and I wanted to have fun (to play).
First, for a few months, I daily spent a few hours with the fish. I was
observing it in different situations. I found out a lot of things and I learned
a lot about the fish. I could even write a book and become an authority in
the field of fish life. I had observed everything that was possible to be seen
in the life of the fish. That was my experience that people told me about in
the past. However, only now, when I have seen it by myself, I can say that I
know it.

Moderator Edit: Post edited to comply with the Terms Of Service. The TOS makes no exception for open source or lack of formal copyright. It says don't copy and paste entire posts from web sites.
Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post. Repeat copyright infringers may have their account terminated and their access to the Site and any Services revoked.

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-15-2019 at 06:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 10:39 PM

15,331 posts, read 5,127,355 times
Jesus came to make fishers of men, men who would cast their nets into the great sea in order to catch an save the many sea creatures making their crossing over the waters.

Fishers of men.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus came to make fishers of men, men who would cast their nets into the great sea in order to catch an save the many sea creatures making their crossing over the waters.

Fishers of men.
The only commonality here is the idea of fish. How is this relevant to the topic ??

Old 08-15-2019, 12:10 AM

15,331 posts, read 5,127,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The only commonality here is the idea of fish. How is this relevant to the topic ??
O heck, I just saw you there all alone, I didn't understand anything you said, just thought I would throw you a bone.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:58 AM

oh, ok thanks. That would be a fish bone ?

Old 08-17-2019, 09:42 PM

7,113 posts, read 3,965,085 times
In today’s climate... you can identify as a fish if you want to, and I am sure you’ll find plenty of support for it. Fish lives matter!

Old 08-18-2019, 07:09 AM

15,934 posts, read 12,406,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
For me, it explains the points made very well, so whether you agree with the philosophy of breatharianism or not or whether you believe it is possible or not, doesn't matter.
It is the information which matters and you take what you like and leave the rest.
Many saints and holy people have fasted for extended periods of time without a problem, but how ?
Maybe they were moving towards breatharianism ?
Sorry, I did not click on the link.
Seemed the meat of the topic was fasting and breatharians.

How long has anyone fasted here? How was it? Any comments?

I know 2 people with health issues that fasted for 21 days...with amazing results.
21 days with only water is very long. I can not remember if they had hot water that had steeped
some herbs to help their kidneys or liver along in the first week...seems I remember that part.
One cured her ovarian cancer and was at a health 'spa', similar to the Hippocrates Institute...the other,
I prob won't mention...cuz of what came out on day 20, but it was good result.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:52 PM

40,050 posts, read 11,216,107 times
I don't quite see the point. Is it an analogy of a conversion from one who as a non -believer tried to understand the life of a believer and ended up by becoming one?

Old 08-18-2019, 03:14 PM

8,143 posts, read 7,145,128 times
Jesus made fishers of men but his motive was to teach men to evangelize men to catch men and women to be saved to Christ so God would have a family of man

Old 08-18-2019, 03:40 PM

40,050 posts, read 11,216,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus made fishers of men but his motive was to teach men to evangelize men to catch men and women to be saved to Christ so God would have a family of man
Thanks for showing the Christian apologists technique of picking a keyword (Fish) and going off (It appears) as a tangent to do a bit of irrelevaNT preaching.

Ps. I missed the Link, too. well, it is linking to some kind of Advice. I'm not going to comment. Follow the advice or not, there's no reason why it can't be posted here, that i can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality