U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 01:23 PM

23,696 posts, read 10,770,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
wikipedia is open to anyone editing it. Any fool can go there & change the facts. It is zero proof of anything
And your posts are?

I would remind you that in virtually all Wikipedia pages there are a healthy number of references at the bottom of the articles. I wouldn't accept anything in print on paper or digitally as being true and accurate at face value. Wikipedia is better referenced than most web based info pages. And certainly better referenced than what you post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 01:32 PM

3,741 posts, read 1,326,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I don't think there is a case.
Just because many people say they saw Jesus do extraordinary things might mean something, that Santa doesn't have...but
since the Bible is full of pretty wild unbelievable things (Jonah, the Ark w/ 2 of everything, turning someone into a pillar of salt..)What else would be said would be equally hard to believe.

And this is coming from someone who does believe Jesus existed, still does and on and on...
I could debate no one. I could tell you why I believe Jesus existed...but it means absolutely nothing to
anyone, but me and maybe a friend that trusts me.
No one left reports of seeing Jesus do extraordinary things while he was alive. The reports that have come down to us all date from decades after Jesus was supposed to have been executed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You won the debate already, imo, Tired.
Let's give Christians the opportunity to pick up the challenge that I threw down before declaring victory. Surely there must be SOME Christians with the courage of their convictions.

Iwasmadenew, where are you?

Old 08-21-2019, 01:36 PM

132 posts, read 11,842 times
Moderator cut: deleted copyrighted image

I have seen Jesus & The father, (And The Holy Mother), Ten Thousand Times, so I know God Is True. But I Also Know That People Believe What They Choose To believe & Only God Can Change Their Minds Permanently.

So This debate Will Last Till The Universe Dies. It Has No Solution & Is Just The Work Of Atheist Trolls Who Want To Mock God.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-21-2019 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 08-21-2019, 01:52 PM

7,099 posts, read 3,869,989 times
Quote:

I have seen Jesus & The father, (And The Holy Mother), Ten Thousand Times, so I know God Is True. But I Also Know That People Believe What They Choose To believe & Only God Can Change Their Minds Permanently.

So This debate Will Last Till The Universe Dies. It Has No Solution & Is Just The Work Of Atheist Trolls Who Want To Mock God.

And the artwork is supposed to represent atheist trolls burning in hell I presume? Or is it supposed to represent yourself bobbing about on the lake of fire you mentioned you'd seen in another thread?

Whatever, I'd just like to point out that bones burn as well and you need a nervous system to feel pain. These skeletons throwing their arms up are clearly missing their nervous systems as well as as their skin and other organs. You might like to mull that over.

You've seen too many movies and Hieronymus Bosch paintings.

Old 08-21-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
wikipedia is open to anyone editing it. Any fool can go there & change the facts. It is zero proof of anything
The shroud was radiocarbon dated in 1988 and the results, that the cotton dated to between 1260 and 1390 AD, were announced by the Catholic church in October of 1988. This is simple fact, and it is common knowledge. Wikipedia was launched in 2001, far too late to have manufactured the facts of the results of the 1988 research done on the shroud.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Moderator cut: deleted copyrighted image

I am not sure many Christians would have chosen you to be their champion. But until other Christians decide to man up, you represent the defender of the faith.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-21-2019 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 08-21-2019, 02:01 PM

264 posts, read 37,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I wonder how many Christians actually do believe it?
I wonder if actually, they have never really thought about it too hard, and just accepted it.
And if they did stop to think about the impossibility of
a. Being raised from the dead and
b. Rising up into the sky,
they would maybe put it down to just being a metaphor or allegory?

I'll be honest, and at the risk if digressing, I'm not sure what the core of Christian belief is these days.
Sorry if I'm wide of the mark in answering your question.

The BBC did a survey in April of 2017 and found that a quarter of all Christians do not believe in the resurrection https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39153121

Interesting 9% of non-religious do believe in it, 1% of those taking it literally.

I have no bone in this debate because I'm neither atheist or Christian. Just part of the peanut gallery.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:04 PM

132 posts, read 11,842 times
There is a case where a man read that hypnotism could cure disease & so he tried it on a very sick man who passed by his door each day. The man was cured but then the man's doctor came & said it is impossible because the man had an incurable disease. Still the man had been permanently cured by suggestion alone & overridden the ignorant laws of science.

And there is another case where a man was told by his doctor that he had cancer & six months to live. The man withered & died in six months as predicted by science, but the autopsy showed the man had absolutely no cancer at all '& the doctor had been fooled by science.
So quite clearly humans are something that science doesn't understand yet & it should not try to dictate to humans & tell them what to believe 'or that God does not exist. Millions of people have seen God & Angels & So Be It. That Is The Way It Is. If You Don't Believe Then That's Just Too Bad & I Pity You For Being What You Are. Life Must Be Abominable For You Without God To Love.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:08 PM

7,099 posts, read 3,869,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
The BBC did a survey in April of 2017 and found that a quarter of all Christians do not believe in the resurrection https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39153121

Interesting 9% of non-religious do believe in it, 1% of those taking it literally.

I have no bone in this debate because I'm neither atheist or Christian. Just part of the peanut gallery.

Interesting. Thanks.

Your survey is British though. That's a whole other kettle 'o fish. Many more skeptics there. I'm from Britain though, so I'll take it.

Old 08-21-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Sorry, is it just me or has this thread gone totally rogue already?

I thought we were discussing explanations for Jesus resurrection and flight mode?
Maybe I missed the point? Are we just discussing whatever comes to mind?
I tried to initiate a discussion on that subject. But Christians have become rather tellingly reluctant to discuss that particular topic. Until someone chooses to make a defence of the flying reanimated corpse story, discussing whatever comes to mind with have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or