U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 10:59 AM

13,335 posts, read 3,382,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
I don't go to psychics. But if a psychic said that to me it would be wrong. I listen to music but not near the water in summer. There isn't much water around here and we really don't take vacations. So if this was just a numbers thing, it would of failed. Just saying.

Sometimes people who go to psychics are looking for verification of something they already know or intuit. People are also afraid of making decisions and looking for someone else to make it for them.
Yes of course, and as I am trying to point out...

No psychic can get the same sort of affirmative answer with everyone to the same question. The numbers game is about probability not infallibility. Just as they teach in sales seminars, ask enough people to buy your vacuum cleaner and although most people already have one, some will buy if you ask them, but you have to ask enough people (or you don't make a living).

My "intuition" also tells me a psychic who does business in an area like yours is not too smart to ask that sort of question. Maybe if no water around but lots of desert instead, the question might be "you like to listen to music at night in the desert, don't you?" Point is, the great majority of people like to listen to music and the suggestion about that alone begins to make one wonder. You are just a little more discerning about the time and place while many others won't be. Just saying.

People go to psychics (or seek answers to questions/help) for all kinds of reasons, and as I also explained about the reason(s), they matter and to a large degree determine what follows. There certainly is no one version of all that can go on between someone and a psychic, but there isn't good reason to believe the one version about a psychic drawing on spirits or psychic powers to be true.

What is true is that we've got the kids and their significant others headed this way right now for a visit with my wife and I today and tomorrow. Birthday stuff, and my wife is reminding me we've got what to do before they arrive, so I've got to sign off now. May the Force be with you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 11:37 AM

209 posts, read 29,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

No psychic can get the same sort of affirmative answer with everyone to the same question. The numbers game is about probability not infallibility. Just as they teach in sales seminars, ask enough people to buy your vacuum cleaner and although most people already have one, some will buy if you ask them, but you have to ask enough people (or you don't make a living).

My "intuition" also tells me a psychic who does business in an area like yours is not too smart to ask that sort of question. Maybe if no water around but lots of desert instead, the question might be "you like to listen to music at night in the desert, don't you?" Point is, the great majority of people like to listen to music and the suggestion about that alone begins to make one wonder. You are just a little more discerning about the time and place while many others won't be. Just saying.

People go to psychics (or seek answers to questions/help) for all kinds of reasons, and as I also explained about the reason(s), they matter and to a large degree determine what follows. There certainly is no one version of all that can go on between someone and a psychic, but there isn't good reason to believe the one version about a psychic drawing on spirits or psychic powers to be true.

What is true is that we've got the kids and their significant others headed this way right now for a visit with my wife and I today and tomorrow. Birthday stuff, and my wife is reminding me we've got what to do before they arrive, so I've got to sign off now. May the Force be with you!

I will leave this here for you for when you come back -- hope you have a good weekend

The desert thing would be wrong too, but moving on from that...

A psychic reading will last 15 minutes/30/1 hour as long as what they have selected to purchase. In that amount of time much more than one sentence or impression will be given. If a psychic gets in a majority of things that surprise the person or what are called hits the reading will be deemed positive. And if they can't the person may walk away feeling the reading was no good. Sometimes there is a time element involved which has to pass.

Dealing with spirits usually is the territory of a medium. While mediums are also psychic, not all psychics are mediums. If you want to know how your Aunt Tilly is doing in the afterlife you go to a medium.

I am not saying someone should go to a psychic or is wrong to go to a psychic. I feel that if we work on our our intuition we can do more of these things for ourselves.

May the force be with you too Have fun!

Old 08-24-2019, 12:12 PM

57,123 posts, read 55,378,073 times
Quote:

If a psychic near where I lived--four or five miles inland from the Atlantic Ocean--said, "You like to listen to music near the water in the summer," I would have laughed and thought "Duh". Beach concerts are a regular part of the scene on the Jersey Shore.

The fact that I was in the farm country of upstate NY and she couldn't have known where I was from is what made me say "hmmm". I'm not sure that there're a lot of summer music festivals along the lakes and creeks.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-24-2019 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-24-2019, 01:01 PM

23,559 posts, read 10,737,171 times
Quote:
The power of suggestion is a very powerful thing, and we're all more or less susceptible. More or less inclined toward intuition or logic, emotions or reasoned deduction and/or all the other many forms of contemplation that cause us to conclude as we do. My intuition tells me that if a psychic asks "you like to go listen to music near the water in summer, don't you?" The psychic knows the numbers are in their favor for starters, and with the exceptions, there are plenty other similar drag net type questions to ask before all is necessarily said and done...

I very much like to listen to music, so even if not close to the water in Summer, I'm thinking, "wow!" How does she know this about music and me? Also of course, the great majority of people enjoy listening to music. Psychic or just the numbers game?

Hard for me to be convinced of the former rather than the latter all considered, but it's far more fun and mysterious to suspect otherwise. No doubt about that either.
I'm not going to give you the whole story...it's too personal.

But I went to a regionally noted psychic once to ask about a particular person. Had not been to them before. Told them nothing other than I would like to know about a person I met. I told them nothing else at all.

The psychic without any prompting whatsoever told me the person was Asian, Southeast Asian (but unsure of the exact country), was a chef, but not in a regular restaurant...but in a luxury hotel restaurant.

Now which of those things were knowing the numbers are in their favor? Let's see -- Asian population in that area -- 6%. Chefs -- how minuscule would that number be? Chef in a luxury hotel -- an even more minuscule number.

Old 08-24-2019, 11:38 PM

5,846 posts, read 2,940,617 times
My other half went to the same psychic I went to. He gave her mother's name and the story of her parents relationship! It's a sad story.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:13 AM

414 posts, read 307,770 times
I've visited 2 psychics in my life. The second one was a fraud that acted more of a counsellor (she talked non stop for 2 hours). The first one was a psychic that people were on a waiting list to see. She told me that my eldest daughter was prone to skin conditions. She was right about that. That's all.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:50 AM

13,335 posts, read 3,382,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
I will leave this here for you for when you come back -- hope you have a good weekend

The desert thing would be wrong too, but moving on from that...

A psychic reading will last 15 minutes/30/1 hour as long as what they have selected to purchase. In that amount of time much more than one sentence or impression will be given. If a psychic gets in a majority of things that surprise the person or what are called hits the reading will be deemed positive. And if they can't the person may walk away feeling the reading was no good. Sometimes there is a time element involved which has to pass.

Dealing with spirits usually is the territory of a medium. While mediums are also psychic, not all psychics are mediums. If you want to know how your Aunt Tilly is doing in the afterlife you go to a medium.

I am not saying someone should go to a psychic or is wrong to go to a psychic. I feel that if we work on our our intuition we can do more of these things for ourselves.

May the force be with you too Have fun!
So the desert thing is off, and I don't have an Aunt Tilly, so maybe best to leave it to the psychics altogether...

Very nice weekend so far and still in the making. Thanks.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:53 AM

57,123 posts, read 55,378,073 times
I think I posted this before, but the most stunning one I had was last year when I took a friend to treat her to a reading for her birthday and decided to do one myself. The psychic said before the reading that she likes to take a moment to see if there are any messages from the spirit world or if she can pick up anything about a past life.

She said there was someone near me who had been a child when I was a child but that person had died in childhood and I went on. She did not know if it was a girl or a boy, but the words "second cousin" were coming to her.

I felt an electric shock run up my spine and into my head. My friend died of leukemia when we were six, a death that had repercussions that affect me to this day. Her mother and my father were cousins--so she was my second cousin. That's one hell of a guess to make. Even the friend I took for the reading didn't know this about me although we've been friends for 35 years. I had to explain to her afterward that this death is how my OCD began.

I was so shocked that I don't remember the card reading.

She did also say that she saw me washing dishes at some sort of community in a past life, like perhaps a religious community. She said I was not part of the community but I was thinking that those people were no different from me. That meant absolutely nothing to me, and still doesn't, except a bit of dismay that at least one life later, I still have to wash dishes.

Someone wherever I posted this before made the point that perhaps the psychic picked this up from ME and not because Kathy was hovering around paying a visit from the spirit world. I don't know.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:00 PM

3,076 posts, read 3,283,851 times
I have this feeling that many psychics are not contacting spirits at all, but reading the aura or energy field around us.

I happen to believe that this is the way we record everything which happens in our life. Our feelings, thoughts, experiences are all impressed on this recording medium of energy which we carry around with us from birth until death. This is the way we see our life flashing before us apon death or the way we have a life review. I feel this recording also gets logged into the Akashic Record, Book of Knowledge, or record of all things, so that we can all dip into it for learning.

If we are carrying all our experiences around with us in our energy field, then those people who can read the aura or our own personal record, can indeed tell us of events which have happened to us which are recorded there. Of course, this theory does not tell us how future events for individuals can be predicted.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:40 PM

5,846 posts, read 2,940,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

She said there was someone near me who had been a child when I was a child but that person had died in childhood and I went on.

Someone wherever I posted this before made the point that perhaps the psychic picked this up from ME and not because Kathy was hovering around paying a visit from the spirit world. I don't know.
That was me - I made that suggestion. It was here on R&S. I don't know either.

I have a story to tell involving the death of my son - for later perhaps.

A year in, I was sitting at my desk googling NDE's and OBE's trying to find proof of afterlife. I had been texting my nephew in law and had put my phone down next to my computer. I said out loud, talking to my son, saying "If only you could send me a sign". The next moment my phone beeped a text message. I picked it up, had a look and all I could find was a message to my nephew in law that I hadn't yet sent, which I thought was strange because I thought I had sent it but anyway, I pressed send. Then I looked at the message and it was a message I had sent to my ex-nephew in law nearly a year earlier. I had messaged him back and forth a bit since then. That message was sitting in my current nephew in law's ready to send box whom I had been messaging. I had not messaged the ex nephew in law for some time.

The message was to let him know that my son's body could be viewed at certain times (if he so wished). There were a few errors in the message.

I did some playing around to see what sort of "pocket texting" key strokes would have been required to get this to happen and really, without looking at the screen and deliberately making selections, it would be next to impossible for an accidental occurrence. The only other possibility would have been a phone glitch. Of all the thousands of messages on my phone to various people over that time spam and that specific glitch occurs at that specific time!

Well, one day, I had been thinking about this event and wondering about it when my phone beeped a text message. It was another phone glitch with some random message I had sent to someone, appearing. So the phone did do the glitch thing (but why just when I was thinking about it?)

I have yet another story to tell, also involving my son's death.

A funny thing happened - I opened the file with the photo of the message in question and my PC bombed out!

Then I'm finding sentences getting duplicated in different places and others disappearing! I'll need to reboot a second time!

The green image at lower right is the message.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-26-2019 at 12:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality