Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM

661 posts, read 1,184,033 times

Advertisements

I found this on an atheist forum by someone who is undergoing a difficult time, leaving his faith, which his studies have shown him to be untruth, and as a consequence may be excommunicated and shunned by his former 'friends'.

If, as a Christian, you are easily offended, then dont read it. Although it has humour in it, I think it says it all from yet another who has found out that he was hoodwinked by this Christian God.

Dear Lord,

Please, please, please STOP lying to your followers. I know you said you can't lie, but that was obviously a lie. You have ruined so many lives and families by your refusal to to reveal yourself in unambiguous terms. You obviously don't give a about anyone but yourself, as is made clear in your Holy Scriptures (Bible, Koran, Torah, Book of Mormon... make up your mind dammit). Do something useful for a change and end a war or something, instead of whining about how no one likes you. Have you called Asherah lately? She probably misses you... She might make you feel better. I'm not sure who left who but I'd wager that she left you, which would explain your temper. I can't blame her. You're an abusive, murdering, insecure, control freak. With a God like you, we sure as hell don't need the Devil. Anyway, I don't mean to you off (I know how easy that is), but I just wanted to say: LEAVE US ALONE... PLEASE. Actually, you seem to be doing a good job of that already. If you would just let everyone know that all that scripture stuff was really just a practical joke (What else could it be?), that would be helpful for us,

Amen

Last edited by june 7th; 04-16-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 06:08 PM

161 posts, read 418,205 times
ok im a christian,
meaning i have Jesus in my heart and have been born again,
but as for being offended,
i dont see what the reason you even put this on here.
whats the point?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 PM

661 posts, read 1,184,033 times
Ok, on reflection maybe I should have left out the curse words altogether, but I think it has some very powerful messages. It struck a chord with me and I wanted to share it.
It is from someone who was genuine in his faith, in fact his wife is still in the religion, and he felt his faith dwindling and so studied and prayed very hard to prove the Scriptures to himself and ended up proving the opposite. Though very tongue in cheek, this prayer brings out all his angst and anger and issues he has with God.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 PM

244 posts, read 393,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
Ok, on reflection maybe I should have left out the curse words altogether, but I think it has some very powerful messages. It struck a chord with me and I wanted to share it.
It is from someone who was genuine in his faith, in fact his wife is still in the religion, and he felt his faith dwindling and so studied and prayed very hard to prove the Scriptures to himself and ended up proving the opposite. Though very tongue in cheek, this prayer brings out all his angst and anger and issues he has with God.
God's only excuse is that he does not exist.
Marie Beyle

Old 04-17-2008, 04:40 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
I found this on an atheist forum by someone who is undergoing a difficult time, leaving his faith, which his studies have shown him to be untruth, and as a consequence may be excommunicated and shunned by his former 'friends'.

If, as a Christian, you are easily offended, then dont read it. Although it has humour in it, I think it says it all from yet another who has found out that he was hoodwinked by this Christian God.

Dear Lord,

Please, please, please STOP lying to your followers. I know you said you can't lie, but that was obviously a lie. You have ruined so many lives and families by your refusal to to reveal yourself in unambiguous terms. You obviously don't give a about anyone but yourself, as is made clear in your Holy Scriptures (Bible, Koran, Torah, Book of Mormon... make up your mind dammit). Do something useful for a change and end a war or something, instead of whining about how no one likes you. Have you called Asherah lately? She probably misses you... She might make you feel better. I'm not sure who left who but I'd wager that she left you, which would explain your temper. I can't blame her. You're an abusive, murdering, insecure, control freak. With a God like you, we sure as hell don't need the Devil. Anyway, I don't mean to you off (I know how easy that is), but I just wanted to say: LEAVE US ALONE... PLEASE. Actually, you seem to be doing a good job of that already. If you would just let everyone know that all that scripture stuff was really just a practical joke (What else could it be?), that would be helpful for us,

Amen
Very interesting.

All I can say is at least the person who wrote it does believe in a god and is at least trying to communicate with him.

That's a start!

It also appears that they seem to know better how a god should operate than that said god....how cute! (And common)

So, while they have a very skewed view of the Creator at least they are on the right track. Every believer I know has asked themselves very similar questions, including me! I love honesty....it leads to Truth.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Very interesting.

All I can say is at least the person who wrote it does believe in a god and is at least trying to communicate with him.

That's a start!

It also appears that they seem to know better how a god should operate than that said god....how cute! (And common)

So, while they have a very skewed view of the Creator at least they are on the right track. Every believer I know has asked themselves very similar questions, including me! I love honesty....it leads to Truth.

Stole my thunder.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Alpha8207 again."

Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Very interesting.

That's a start!

Once again I agree with you. And don't worry Oakback I repped Alpha

Old 04-17-2008, 08:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
That prayer did not bother me at all..The person was speaking from his heart and in a sense he was laying it at the foot of the cross..I have a feeling that that person may eventually regain his faith..That, of course is just my personal opinion..

Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Very interesting.

Doesn’t Satan believe in God? And didn’t he communicate with Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62
I have a feeling that that person may eventually regain his faith..That, of course is just my personal opinion..
Interesting, I wonder if Satan could regain his faith.

Cheers,
Aeroman

Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Doesn’t Satan believe in God? And didn’t he communicate with Jesus?
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Interesting, I wonder if Satan could regain his faith.

Cheers,
Aeroman
I doubt it, but why all the interest in Satan?

God has much more to offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality