U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM

11,237 posts, read 2,931,359 times

Advertisements

I was talking about this earlier with a guy at work, we were discussing what happens immediately after we die, he said he believes you are 'transported instantly' to a big room, where you are judged on everything you have done in life, (he likened it to a court room), and after being judged, you are sent off to wherever you are going for eternity, so in his opinion,it all happens very quickly.

I tend to think it will be more of a long drawn out process, since time will not exist, there is no need to rush anything, I do think right after you die,there is at least a period of 'settling in' before any judgement takes place though, I can honestly say, when I die, and I 'arrive' at this place, it will probably be hard to convince me Im actually dead, I can see myself arguing that I am not dead and trying to fight and resist, in an attempt to go back.

My ex wife believed something different though, she thinks you are not even present for the judgement, and when you die, you 'come to' or 'wake up' in whatever destination you have been sent to for eternity.

It does seem likely we would at least be given a chance to speak for ourselves though...right? especially since its something as important as where you will spend eternity, to maybe defend some of our actions, or explain why we chose to do somethings the way we did them, or vice versa.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM

123 posts, read 11,842 times
God often takes me to Heaven & people there are millions of times more alive & more conscious than they are on earth.
It is unbelievable. The indescribable, incredible, feeling of finally being fully alive in a way you have never experienced before.
Then God lowers me back down to earth & it is exactly like entering the land of the dead. People here are about 0.0001% conscious, alive & aware compared to the people in Heaven.

So you can go to Hell if you have seriously been a bad person on earth. But you can also go to Heaven where you get to experience life in a way that no one on earth ever has.

That is just 1% of what God has shown me. There is also a library filled with books of life, & each book is life in a different time & land; & God places souls there constantly to live all kinds of lives & learn from them. God put me into one book after another to experience the power He has to transport souls to any time & place.

I've also been taken to Hell to watch people being judged & thrown into the fiery lake. And if I spoke then God would pick me up & throw me into the lake of fire also.

Old Yesterday, 03:23 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,908,791 times
Dunno how quick the judgement process will be, but as you said, time does not exist from thereon in.
My feeling is it will be pretty quick, like this (although this is not the result we want):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5jbIMV4e4

Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM

7,049 posts, read 6,327,409 times
I think your friend is close to correct.

I think you are "transported instantly" to this big room where you sit around and speculate what you think happens to you after you die.

Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM

13,298 posts, read 13,811,740 times
no judgment
only immense love and compassion
a big welcome home, we sing your name in light

and planning for the next life begins

Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

6,629 posts, read 2,215,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no judgment

I like this.

It seems like most of the major religions have admonishment against judgement and for good reason because it causes lots of problems. The core of them could be reduced to compassion if a person is inclined to see it that way.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

4,829 posts, read 979,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was talking about this earlier with a guy at work, we were discussing what happens immediately after we die, he said he believes you are 'transported instantly' to a big room, where you are judged on everything you have done in life, (he likened it to a court room), and after being judged, you are sent off to wherever you are going for eternity, so in his opinion,it all happens very quickly.

I tend to think it will be more of a long drawn out process, since time will not exist, there is no need to rush anything, I do think right after you die,there is at least a period of 'settling in' before any judgement takes place though, I can honestly say, when I die, and I 'arrive' at this place, it will probably be hard to convince me Im actually dead, I can see myself arguing that I am not dead and trying to fight and resist, in an attempt to go back.

My ex wife believed something different though, she thinks you are not even present for the judgement, and when you die, you 'come to' or 'wake up' in whatever destination you have been sent to for eternity.

It does seem likely we would at least be given a chance to speak for ourselves though...right? especially since its something as important as where you will spend eternity, to maybe defend some of our actions, or explain why we chose to do somethings the way we did them, or vice versa.

What do you all think?
It will be exactly like before you were born or conceived. You won't exist. Period. You will become wormfood, and the atoms that made up your body will become part of the soil, and eventually feed other living material, providing food for other life forms to flourish.

How cool is that???

Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

4,494 posts, read 1,699,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no judgment

Is that just for you or for everyone else too?

Otherwise.
Hitler, Ted Bundy, Ariel Sharon and 100 n thousands of rapists and pedophiles must be having lots of fun.

Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

15,957 posts, read 8,284,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It will be exactly like before you were born or conceived. You won't exist. Period. You will become wormfood, and the atoms that made up your body will become part of the soil, and eventually feed other living material, providing food for other life forms to flourish.

How cool is that???
Not that anyone actually knows, but I agree, sort of. This body is going to eventually decompose (or be incinerated) and that's a good thing. Who I am in this body is going to cease to exist on some level as well, I think. But I believe (or just hope, depending on the day) that there is a consciousness within this physical body that's existence is not dependent on it which will continue. And I'll pile on with Tzaph and L8 and say that I don't believe there will be judgment from an outside source after our death. I think all the judgment (from self and others) is happening in the here and now.

Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM

15,957 posts, read 8,284,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Is that just for you or for everyone else too?

Otherwise.
Hitler, Ted Bundy, Ariel Sharon and 100 n thousands of rapists and pedophiles must be having lots of fun.
It seems to me to be the worst part of human nature that causes us to want to see other people suffer for whatever wrong we believe they've committed. I'm wondering if you think those people were "having fun" (at peace) while they were alive? Something had obviously gone very haywire within them for them to do the things they did. If, when they die, that "haywire" thing is still a part of their composition, then their suffering would obviously continue. But I certainly hope better for them, just as I do for myself. I hope for healing from all the ways in which I'm currently out of sync with the things that are good and loving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or