U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 10:53 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
ONE: There are essentially two realities for all human beings. One reality is as we perceive it to be, our personal reality. The second reality is all that truly exists in the universe, the same for all of us. Our universal truth.

Talk to any physiologist.
NO ONE can perceive "reality" as it truly is, due to how human perception is functioning. Perception as in physiology of outer world sensing and as perception of the data, provided by senses.
Hence, there is real reality that a human can not perceive and reality, perceived by a human, as result of his or her physiological and mental processes. Reason for can not is simple - by the time human processed data from senses, reality already changed. The REAL reality is ever escaping human mind.
Thus, each and every human exists in his or her personal reality and, personal only.

Hence, there is no such thing as "universal" reality/truth, as "reality reality" is 1. ever escaping human and 2. image of reality is just a multitude of personal realities.

As Sukyamuni Buddha said, path, started with a wrong first step, can lead only astray.
I am sorry, but as Premise One in your treatise determines the other nine, they are already at fault, being based in false base premise.
Thank you. I have fully considered all you describe above, but I disagree such that I think I can describe or assert these truths as truths, because although we are all human with all our shortcomings with respect to recognizing our universal truths, I don't know of any psychologist or physiologist that argues there is no universal truth, what is true for all of us whether we can perceive it as such or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 10:55 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Also - and I apologize for this - there can be only ONE Truth.
There can not be ten, or 5 or 500 truths. Per definition, the truth is only one.
The rest is derivatives from The Truth.
The Truth is the real reality, one that we are not aware of.
the rest is illusion, Maya.

Māyā connotes a "magic show, an illusion where things appear to be present but are not what they seem".[2][4] Māyā is also a spiritual concept connoting "that which exists, but is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal", and the "power or the principle that conceals the true character of spiritual reality"
Seems we have different dictionaries...

truth

the quality or state of being true.

that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

synonyms: the fact of the matter, what actually/really happened, the case, so; More
a fact or belief that is accepted as true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:58 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Interesting.

So "faith" is a notion that goes beyond common human awareness.

Exactly what is "common human awareness"?

How about Atheism? Are we saying believing in Atheism is stemmed from "Common human awareness"?

If Yes, then there are 500 million Atheists/Agnostics in comparison to about 6 BILLION people who have some sort of faith.

Looks like having "Faith" is a more "common human awareness" among humans rather than "Atheism", no?
Common human awareness far as I'm concerned and/or as I am referring to is what you, me and just about anyone would not argue as being true. Maybe best further expanded upon in Truth Seven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:59 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Any truth come from God , what did God tell you about this ?
I've asked God many a question going back to when I wore a younger man's clothes but unfortunately by the time I crafted these truths, there seemed to be no God or answers to my questions coming from Him...

Last edited by LearnMe; Today at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:02 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
God has demonstrated His Supreme Science to me for years. Basically by manipulating the wavelength of the universal energy God controls all time & space & everyone in it. Our science knows matter is really only energy. But it seems solid only because we are on the same wavelength as it is. Once science learns to control the wavelength of the energy that the illusion of matter is made from then it becomes freed from all time & space & can travel to anywhere in the universe, & anywhere in time, in an instant.


That's God's science & God has walked me through it & made me walk in parallel earths as a doppelgänger, to show me how easy it is to manipulate the wavelength of the universe including earth. Often I would get stuck inside the concrete of walls & floors as I was travelling between different wavelengths of the universal energy.

The Universe is a spectrum of light energy inside water, similar to sunlight streaming through water. We live in the light energy as energy beings without knowing we are surrounded by water. The Bible states on the first page that God created the universe (firmament) under water, & water remained above the firmament when He was finished. That is basically saying that the universe is under water.
The Vedas also say that the universe is created under water. Millions of people report the angels of God taking them to live underwater in magnificent crystal cities etc. One of the main things the angels teach people is that we are all under water to the angels, at all times. We think we are on dry land because we are living in dry Light energy, in bodies made from that light energy, but we are actually made from light that is under water. And that light has many levels like the rainbow, & each level is a parallel universe with completely different dimensions of time & space etc.

Religion gives a simplified dumbed down version of God because people could not understand science in the old days. Everything God did was magical to them. So religion is like a children's story compared to the scientific facts about God & God's Powers. And it is easily refuted by anyone who wants to be negative.

It's like the concept that people can either see a glass as being half full or half empty, depending on how positive or negative their mind is. If you look at religion with a positive mind you can see a great deal of joy & goodness in it, or if you look at it with a negative mind you can see much grief & badness coming from it.

So it is all up to you to be positive or negative when looking at religions.
This thread is a negative way of looking at religion. That is all.

So. When our science learns to control the wavelength of the Light that the material universe is made from, then it will be on the level of God's Supreme Science & will discover that God is a real person of infinite love & goodness who has Angels (workers) everywhere, including right beside you all right now.

That is the scientific facts about reality that cannot be changed. Take it or leave it
It is an absolute pleasure to read thoughts, opinions, positions and conclusions very different from mine but done so without all the emotion and angst over contrary opinion. This sort of effort and civility instead is very much appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:04 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelaMonster View Post
LearnMe can explain what he intended, but I took that to mean that universal truths about our natural world can be experienced and understood in roughly the same way by everyone. Whereas religious beliefs and supernatural phenomena are experienced differently by everyone.... which is how you end up with 1000s of religions and (I would argue) millions or billions of concepts about god(s).

I didn't know you "believed in atheism," so much as not believed in theism.

Appeals to number of believers (argumentum ad populum) is not a very solid argument. At one time, large numbers believed the sun revolved around the earth, the earth was flat, and bloodletting was effective medical treatment. Presumably you have now rejected those beliefs held by so many?
Always a pleasure to see evidence I can be understood by some with relative ease while for others I wish I could do a better job, but hey. For what I'm getting paid, these Ten Truths will have to do as is for now.

Thanks for the help. Yes. I think you get what I'm trying to explain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:10 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think you didn’t answer it clearly.

Unlike having “Faith in God”, does “Atheism” come from “common human awareness”?
I can't speak for anyone else, though I do think my Truths go well beyond just what I think...

I'd answer by suggesting you or me or an atheist believe many truths based on our common awareness that we would very unlikely rationally disagree about. Much as determined by science. Or do you take issue with the fact that we live on a planet we call Earth that is revolving around the Sun in a universe full of other planets, stars and galaxies? Truth Nine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:14 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Incorrect. There is only one truth: What actually exists. All the rest is question and answer to try to found out what it is. Faith is not a valid way of doing that.

Sometimes it does. "I see no god." In which case it is up to those who do believe in a god to give that doubter reasons to elieve in it, too. This is what apologetics are all about.

And that is where reasoned argument and evidence comes in. And that is the basis of an atheism that has been thought through. Which is the kind you'll be dealing with here, not the 'commonsense' type of disbelief.
I can't argue there is only one way to explain what I try to explain with these Ten Truths, but obviously some people get hung up on certain aspects of this effort compared to others. True, for example, there is only "one truth" that I refer to as universal truth, but obviously I'm not being contradictory by explaining what I do and calling them Ten Truths. Perhaps confusing for some, but really? Not so much for others anyway...

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." -- Buddha

Can't say with absolute certainty, but I think even Buddha is referring to the many truths that make up our universal truth as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:18 AM
 
13,357 posts, read 13,838,666 times
Reputation: 9317
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Love is an emotion.

Trying to place truth in love is cheapens it. Love, hate, fun, beauty are not anything I would judge to have a truth. How can you even judge if my love for my wife is true or not. Or a dog's love for its people? How is the rugged beauty of the badlands the truth?

Love is truth or truth is love is what religious people say to try to convince the non religious that they are wrong or missing out on the truth which of course the truth has to be the it particular religion or favour of that religion. .
then according to the logic used in the opening post if there is not a "truth" to love
then it is "fiction" and "false" and "nonsense"

that is the logic of the opening post. written by an atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:21 AM
 
13,440 posts, read 3,417,971 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Clearly brethren, the great prophet,'' Learn me,'' he brought us the 9 truths to live by just last month, a new religion, and now he has become an apostate, but I will carry on the truth of the 9 truths.
Always also a pleasure to think someone is following along so closely, with apparent interest, and true it is I shared my original Nine Truths some time ago. Doing so helped usher me into troubled waters here but also some worthwhile input that had me rethink my original composition. I revised much of these truths and added a tenth largely because of my more recent experience in this forum.

I certainly have no intention to come off as a prophet, but I suspect the charge is moving us in the direction of the sort of nonsense my truths attempt to avoid. I'm also not wanting to come off as an apostate, though I suppose that better describes the truth of the matter. I'm simply trying to promote a way of addressing some of these profound differences that unnecessarily lead to unnecessary conflict, violence and war.

Call that what you like, but I think avoiding some of these labels is generally a good idea if trying to make a more balanced and reasoned argument. Can I get an amen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top