Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:57 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times

Advertisements

If he was, then why wasn't he a sinner?

If he wasn't a human, then he knew that he would die, resurrect, and join the heavens. Sounds like decoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 07:06 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
My take on it is that Jesus was only human.
Just as human as Ghandi or Martin Luther King JR.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:07 PM

But he wasn't a sinner, how does that work for the rest of humans?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:10 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post

If he wasn't a human, then he knew that he would die, resurrect, and join the heavens. Sounds like decoy
Yes He was fully human and fully God. He was not a sinner because He is God in human form. Yes Jesus knew what lay ahead of Him, and He knew the reason. He even prayed to God asking if it was God's will that the suffering on the cross would not happen (Matthew 26:39). But He also prayed that God's will be done, not His

Old 07-20-2008, 07:11 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by ShepsMom
Quote:
But he wasn't a sinner, how does that work for the rest of humans?
Because I do not take the Bible literally, I don't believe in the original sin of Adam & Eve.
So I also don't believe that people are born sinners.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes He was fully human and fully God. He was not a sinner because He is God in human form. Yes Jesus knew what lay ahead of Him, and He knew the reason. He even prayed to God asking if it was God's will that the suffering on the cross would not happen (Matthew 26:39). But He also prayed that God's will be done, not His
Fully human and fully God, that's like being finite and infinite at the same time. He's either one or the other.

If he was fully human, then he should be a sinner, just like the rest of us, the second part, being a god at the same time doesn't make sense.

So who is the god, the God himself or the Jesus??

Old 07-20-2008, 07:27 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I still have to ask this question every time I see this misinterpretation of the Bible. If Jesus was God incarnate on Earth, then why was he praying to his father, God. Modern day Christians need to face the pure fact that Jesus was a flesh and blood man, the son of God, not God himself.

Another misconception of modern Christians is that no man could ever be like Jesus. But Jesus himself said that we could be just as he was, if we would only walk in the path of the Lord. I too am the son of God. Impure as I am, I am of his being just as his son Jesus was. Christians have simply blinded themselves into thinking they can never achieve spiritual purity so they shouldn't feel bad about the sins they commit. Most of which could have easily been avoided by simply acting in a different manner. And just to be clear, I know I am a sinner.

The brutal truth is that we are in complete control of the sins we commit, thus in control of the purity of our soul. We can walk in the same path as Jesus Christ, we simply lack the commitment to do so. We would rather hide behind the veil of impossibility and ask for constant forgiveness of the bad things we do.

That almost sounds like a classic devil's deception to me. Convince the people they couldn't possibly be good, so just do your best not to kill anyone and ask to be forgiven for the rest. I can literally see the "Morning Star" smiling as his plan to poison mankind unrolled like the red carpet at the Emmy's.

And I am sure many will disagree with this post but that is OK because just like you, I could be wrong. But at least with the questions I have posed, there is no singular side here who could be on the path to damnation. If I am wrong, then my soul may be in danger. And if you are wrong, the result could be the same.

We are not dealing with different religions now, we are dealing with interpretation. Just like a legal document, the slightest error in print could cause major damage later on. Can you really totally trust a book that has been tampered and toyed with for so many centuries?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Fully human and fully God, that's like being finite and infinite at the same time. He's either one or the other.

If he was fully human, then he should be a sinner, just like the rest of us, the second part, being a god at the same time doesn't make sense.

So who is the god, the God himself or the Jesus??
Well I believe what the Bible teaches about Jesus, He was born of a virgin, yet sinless because He is God, I also believe in the Trinity, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, one God, but in three different forms, or roles, like you can be a daughter, mother, and a wife. I can understand how this can be confusing.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I still have to ask this question every time I see this misinterpretation of the Bible. If Jesus was God incarnate on Earth, then why was he praying to his father, God. Modern day Christians need to face the pure fact that Jesus was a flesh and blood man, the son of God, not God himself.

Another misconception of modern Christians is that no man could ever be like Jesus. But Jesus himself said that we could be just as he was, if we would only walk in the path of the Lord. I too am the son of God. Impure as I am, I am of his being just as his son Jesus was. Christians have simply blinded themselves into thinking they can never achieve spiritual purity so they shouldn't feel bad about the sins they commit. Most of which could have easily been avoided by simply acting in a different manner. And just to be clear, I know I am a sinner.

The brutal truth is that we are in complete control of the sins we commit, thus in control of the purity of our soul. We can walk in the same path as Jesus Christ, we simply lack the commitment to do so. We would rather hide behind the veil of impossibility and ask for constant forgiveness of the bad things we do.

That almost sounds like a classic devil's deception to me. Convince the people they couldn't possibly be good, so just do your best not to kill anyone and ask to be forgiven for the rest. I can literally see the "Morning Star" smiling as his plan to poison mankind unrolled like the red carpet at the Emmy's.

And I am sure many will disagree with this post but that is OK because just like you, I could be wrong. But at least with the questions I have posed, there is no singular side here who could be on the path to damnation. If I am wrong, then my soul may be in danger. And if you are wrong, the result could be the same.

We are not dealing with different religions now, we are dealing with interpretation. Just like a legal document, the slightest error in print could cause major damage later on. Can you really totally trust a book that has been tampered and toyed with for so many centuries?
I guess it depends on if you believe in the Trinity, and I do, I believe that the Bible teaches that Jesus is God, that is why they wanted to kill Him.
And yes I totally trust the Bible 100%.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:25 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:

Romans 5:13
For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Here Paul is talking about from Adam until Moses. These people even without the Law, still had sin in their life, so they died. As do all in the flesh. But the sin wasn't counted against them, or imputed, except by the death of their flesh.

Where there is no Law, such as a baby or small child, there is no imputed sin. Without imputed sin, there is no imputed offense, although the sting of death remains, as all die in the flesh. Even though the classified offense might be considered, to others under the Law, a sin. Or to make sin, exceedingly sinful.

Romans 7:13
Was then that which is good(LAW) made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

In other words, AWARENESS of Sin!

See this for what and how Jesus saw this while ministering. Notice how He always ministered to the "lost" children who knew NOT the intended Spiritual Law? Notice how He always had something to say against the Pharisees of the day, because they KNEW, but didn't act, and further kept it secret from those who were "under" them. Does this make sense? The "keys to the Kingdom".

Jesus didn't even have unimputed sin. Since He was not a child of Adam, He was not a "cursed by death", "human being". He was a child of God, begotten, through a vessel we call Mary.

Romans 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

This is why Jesus was referred to as the "second Adam".

1Cr 15:45
So also it is written, "The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam, a LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT.

I don't know if this made much sense, but it all does to me. Sorry if I could not convey it to you, if indeed, I could not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality