Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times

Advertisements

Whenever virtue is assaulted and wickedness prospers, God descends to the earth as a human being to play the role as a warrior of mankind

Traditional belief based on scriptural details and astrological caltulations gives the date of Krishna's birth, known as Janmashtami as either 19th or 21st July 3328 BCE.

YouTube - The Life of Krishna

quotes from Krishna:

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor al these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."

"As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change."

"O best among men [Arjuna], the person who is not disturbed by happiness and distress and is steady in both is certainly eligible for liberation."

"Those who are seers of the truth have concluded that of the nonexistent [the material body] there is no endurance and of the eternal [the soul] there is no change. This they have concluded by studying the nature of both."

"For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain."

"Fearlessness; purification of one’s existence; cultivation of spiritual knowledge; charity; self-control; performance of sacrifice; study of the Vedas; austerity; simplicity; nonviolence; truthfulness; freedom from anger; renunciation; tranquillity; aversion to faultfinding; compassion for all living entities; freedom from covetousness; gentleness; modesty; steady determination; vigor; forgiveness; fortitude; cleanliness; and freedom from envy and from the passion for honor—these transcendental qualities, O son of Bharata, belong to godly men endowed with divine nature."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 11:38 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,531 times
Default Lord Krishna and Radha

Lord Krishna and his consort, Radha.

Any chance i get to post an image that i love, i do.
Hope you don't mind TravellingFella .... it's not so much on topic but i love this Krishna/Radha image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Krishna&RadhaAloneInForest.jpg
Views:	15504
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	18746

Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
Hi Ruby, of course it's topic related, Radha is an integral part of Krishna's life.

What this image symbolizes is the perfect love between the individual soul (Radha) and the eternal omnipresent spirit (Krishna) I love that image too, thanks for posting it!

YouTube - Jaya Radha Madhava

Radha Madhava

jaya râdha-mâdhava kuñja-bihârî R
Al glories to Râdhâ and Mâdhava's divine pastimes,

jaya
gopî-jana-vallabha, jaya giri-vara-dhâr R
The Lord of gopi's lifted [up the hill] Govardhana,

Yas'odâ-nandana braja-jana-rañjana
R
dear to Yasoda, loved in Vrindâvana,

yâmuna-tîra-vana-cârî
R
at the Yamunâ, He wanders in the woods.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality