Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 05:39 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times

Advertisements

some state-of-the-art healing ... knowing where the patients come from ...
hey girls, this might be for us:

The Poems of Emily Brontë - Google Book Search

special thanks to special teachers ....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 06:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
It's very peacful here. What a wonderful thread amidst all the turmoil on these forums. Reminds me of this beautiful song by Sarah McLachlan:

YouTube - Sarah McLachlan - Angel

Peace.
Jennifer

Last edited by Ceist; 03-29-2009 at 06:34 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 06:40 AM

j-maxi - there's a word in my "1st language": GEFALLEN ...

peace, yeah!

Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
j-maxi - there's a word in my "1st language": GEFALLEN ...

peace, yeah!
In your 1st language...

Es gefällt mir auch.

Frieden zu Ihnen

Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
In your 1st language...

Es gefällt mir
Frieden zu Ihnen
mit Dir! Love you ...

(mir - calling ShepsMom?)

Last edited by effie g-tad; 03-29-2009 at 07:16 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
A week ago, I sat on the patio, had a smoke, and celebrated the advent of the spring........last night I got home after several days on the road to find 8" of snow on the ground and the temperatures in the 20's so I went to bed and to sleep...........this morning it's cold, white shiny bright, and absolutely beautiful. I sit in my office and look out my window to the north and see the daffodils peeking through the snow......a splash of vibrant yellow against a sparkling white background......the redbuds are bright and the dogwoods blend into the background, the trees, with their first leaves showing, are a soft warm pale green......the cardinals and jays are gathering around the seed I threw out this morning......finches flit in and out of range of their bigger cousins.......bright reds and blues and yellows against a brilliant white background and a crisp clear blue sky covering it all.

When people talk of how God can be cruel, how he supposedly is going to condemn the majority of the world for being human, and I see mornings like this..........I know that He who created us all has a sense of beauty and serenity........and while the creator is fair........the death of a sparrow is no more or worse than my own death......such a creator could never have created the eternal torment preached by so many. The creator is not that capricious. The creator is awesome.........I have all the proof I need........I look out a window in late March and see a glorious world created by a master artist.

It is a good day, today.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Nice poem, Elston. So nice to see Mooseketeer's path intertwines with the sacred circle. And GP is here too. I knew those three were kindred souls.

A long time ago I attended a sweat in the Colorado Rockies. Afterwards I sat next to a gurgling mountain stream feeling the peacefulness of the mountains and the forest, reveling in the solitude. I could sense the mountain air bringing me the scent of pines and years of decaying pines in soft earth.

That is how I interpret Creator's voice. I hear Creator's voice in Mother Nature whispering, "I am the Great Mystery Creator." Good post, GP. I had forgotten that moment until I read your post.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
I'll just sit here for a little while , in excellent company . It can be hard in our modern ultra urbanised society to get a sense of peace and quiet and this virtual circle is just what I need .

As someone who is socially awkward I do like the sense of acceptance and tolerance here. It soothes the spirit and refreshes the mind. If I close my eyes I can just about smell the Woodsmoke and hear the Drums.

All of us I am quite convinced could benefit from a place of mental repose. There is much anger and aggressivity outside the Circle and I am trying very hard to ignore it because the negative feelings just pull me under and it does frighten me sometimes how involved and upset I can become simply by feeling too much .

A place to rest one's weary feet , eyes, ears and mind is certainly most welcome ! Thank you to all for welcoming this weary traveller on life's sometimes tortuous journey.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Good day Mooseketeer, I agree with you 100% aout the attitude outside this circle..I have to be very careful of the threads I post in..I don't take insults and harsh judgements very well I just leave part of me here all the time..

Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 AM

48,131 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Me too mooseketeer.....on the some of the threads I find myself writing (and sometimes posting) angry retorts or stuffing my feelings and then ruminating about the issue ..... neither of which is good for me and I am sure does little to improve the thread or its offending postings. Very few people come on to the forums to learn or to change their minds....(myself included) so why bother to clash and fight and be offended. I am learning to stay away from the negativity.....or being selective in what and who I read.

I have pretty much stopped going to my state forum for that reason and try to stay out of the controvertial and political threads and certainly the ones that deal with religion, I have even started staying away from the game thread I used to frequent.....as even there political philosophy started to intrude.

I go to a cooking thread and a social chatty thread and sometimes gardening and pet forums....and this sacred circle.

When I stop and create my mental image of the circle....I can feel that it is beneficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality