Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 10:11 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times

Advertisements

sarahv welcome, it is good to have you sit among us, you will do well.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Sarah what a wonderful, attitude you show for Gods creatures..I also share this attitude.. I love to watch the animals round and about the rural mountains of my home in of Eastern Ky...For many years the Black bear, Elk and Mountain Lions and others were next to extinct due to the raping of the mountains, pollution of the streams, and the lack of restoration by the rich coal, gas, lumber and railroad barons who came and took what would increase their wealth then left..Many laws were finally enacted over the past century to restore what was taken.. In the past several decades the animals were reintroduced to the their restored natural environment that the creator provided for them and the hunting seasons are very closely monitored..

Coal and timber are still removed and gas wells are sunk, but they are under the watchful monitoring of the EPA and other organizations, but also by the residents who also love the land and animals..

I am glad you found the Sacred Circle, my friend and hope you come often

Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times
Hey, to all of my friends, here in our circle! I'm back! I actually got back on the night of the 15th, but, until yesterday, I hadn't been able to get on my computer. My computer room got a little flooded while I was gone, (long story), but, fortunately, no real damage was done, other than the carpet, which was quite old, and I was planning on taking it out anyway. Just happened a little sooner than I'd figured on!

So, the room is in a shambles, at the moment, but my son did put everything to rights, last night, insofar as the computer is concerned, so we can use it. We're down to a bare concrete floor, but, I do have plenty of left-over tile in the garage, (from when we did the rest of the house, a few years ago), so we can do this room, in the future. Not exactly sure when I'll get that done, but, it's all okay. At least the old carpet is gone. It had been in here since 1989, so after all these years, it wasn't in the best of shape, needless to say.

My son and I had a good time, with my daughter, son-in-law, and the two grandsons. We crammed an awful lot of traveling, and looking, in those two weeks; saw alot of country, and a great deal of history. We were on the go, every single day, usually all day long. It was all very interesting, and we enjoyed ourselves, (well, other than a total of six airplane flights, with five security checkpoints, and all the extreme irritation that goes with that). The five days in Ireland was the high point of the trip, for me, but I also enjoyed seeing as much of Germany as I did. We even managed to make it to Belgium, and Luxembourg.
It was also bittersweet, as well, given the circumstances, but, all in all, I'm glad we went, and I know that my husband was smiling on us, all along the way. But, I will say, I was certainly glad to get home. As much fun as it is to go on a trip, I think the best part is the appreciation you have for your own home, when you return.

Anyway, just wanted to let my friends know that I'm home, and I'm glad to be here in our circle, again.

P.S. Goodpasture, if you make it to the Gathering of the Nations, you will have my envy, (in a friendly sort of way, of course). I've always wanted to go. My husband and I used to talk about going, but, unfortunately, we never made it. I spent some growing-up years on the Wind River Reservation, (Shoshone, and Arapahoe), in Wyoming, and went to a number of powwows, there. I'd really like to go to another good one, again. Ahh, perhaps someday...

Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,693 times
Welcome Sarav. It is good to see a new poster who feels, as I think most of us do here in the circle, that ALL life deserves respect. Ok, come summer, I know I'll be grouching about mosquitoes, ticks, and chiggers, but I know they, too, have a function here. Could it be just to teach me that I am not the center of the universe? That I must share this world with things that make me uncomfortable?
Celticlady, good to see you are back and hope you will post a little about your trip. Hope you get your computer room squired away soon.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Celtic, it is good to have you back home..Your trip sounds so exciting and I am glad you got to Ireland..Like you though, I enjoy coming back to my familiar abode.. After being away for awhile the meaning of "there's no place like home" becomes a reality..flooded room and all

Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post

I'm back!

June is happy to know that you've returned...

Old 04-20-2009, 07:22 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Anyway, just wanted to let my friends know that I'm home, and I'm glad to be here in our circle, again.
I am glad you had a safe trip and that you enjoyed the experience. It is amazing the way history there piles on top of history.

Quote:
P.S. Goodpasture, if you make it to the Gathering of the Nations, you will have my envy, (in a friendly sort of way, of course). I've always wanted to go. My husband and I used to talk about going, but, unfortunately, we never made it. I spent some growing-up years on the Wind River Reservation, (Shoshone, and Arapahoe), in Wyoming, and went to a number of powwows, there. I'd really like to go to another good one, again. Ahh, perhaps someday...
As it turns out I won't be making it this year. But I will be going next year. I am hoping to make the Gourd Dance with the Kiowa one of these days. A friend I met on CD is Kiowa and he has stimulated an interest in that culture in me. But that is the way I tend to be. If I find a person of respect I try to learn the history and culture that he comes from. In my opinion it is a matter of respect.....for the individual and for the culture.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:28 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Hello everyone or "'S fhada bho nach fhaca mi sibh" ( long time no see in Scottish Gaelic if I can remember correctly) , nice to see you all around the Circle, like Celtic Lady1 I am back ( after two wonderful weeks around Scotland), does anyone else think that vacations can be cruel giving one an unrealistic expectation of what life really ought to be all the time ?!

We had absolute perfect weather, bright sunshine , it almost felt like summer and the Highlands looked so, so beautiful.

Coming home is the hardest thing to do for people like myself who could just spend the rest of their days on the road quite happily...

But it is lovely to see you all and I hope I have not missed too much. Better go and carry on with catching up chores though...

Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Default well.. - r(e)adon +

http://www.landschaftsmuseum.de/Bilder/Lasceaux-2.jpg

puzzling ... a bit ...

YouTube - deer song

creative powers

Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
I always thought it funny that so many of my roots are similar. Regardless of it being the sense of unity with the land and the spirituality of the land I was taught by my Hawaiian grandfather, my Cherokee grandmother, what I have learned of my Celtic ancestors.....the message was always the same. As I studied the teachings of Jesus (all the teachings, not just those in the "Bible" and I began to disregard much of that "Bible" as being an invention of men with an agenda) that HIS teachings resembled much of the other teachings, I realized that we all had a commonality.........the earth belongs to us all......rather we all belong to earth. We are part of the universe and cannot be separated from it.

I suspect that the love one has for their home is more a love of the familiar and less the love for a particular place. I think a part of me that loves Oklahoma loves it because I am comfortable here. I am not a part of the religious fervor found around me, but because I am familiar with .........I can "talk their language" .........the belief structure that exists around me I am comfortable. Yet I seek the spirituality of the woods and streams and prairie and hillsides. I found the same connection to places in New Mexico, in Hawaii, when I was in northern Europe, when I was in Wales and Scotland and Ireland....

But the connection to all the places I have been has been the earth......her landscape changes.....her spirit does not.........and once you are connected to the spirit of the earth, the surface, the superficial, becomes far less important. I think that is one of the things that the typical church has missed.......they have made the superficial important and the spiritual connection irrelevant. It is more important to attend on a specific day, or go through a specific ritual than it is to simply sit quietly and listen to the creator. In doing so they have emulated the idol worshipers they condemn. Jesus never taught worship of an icon yet today how many bow down before a man made cross as though the creator is going to be found in some sticks or metal, however precious or however beautifully carved. It might as well be a golden calf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality