Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 01:57 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times

Advertisements

Miss Blue: That is a terrible development. My heart goes out to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Orions today I will be with you in thought and prayer.Your wisdom has been a great part of this Sacred Circle..

Te aftermath of the flooding just keeps getting worse..Yesterday FEMA, told us we neeed to move.because our house may be unliveable..They called husband down to the disaster camp setup and gave him SBA loan application to fill out..Translation is that they plan to just condemn our neighborhood and offer us a pittance for our homes and property..The SBA is a low interest relocation loan with miles and miles of red tape..Most people in this neighborhood have other homes or property to go to..We don't..
I don't know your situation . . . but when it comes to real property of any kind . . . it pays to get legal advice about your options from an attorney . . . whether you believe you can afford one or not. You and your family are in my prayers, Miss Blue.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Oh Miss Blue! I feel my heart breaking for you! I keep trying to think of anything that I can do to help but I keep coming up empty! I will keep my thinking cap on and I will keep sending the universe positive energy to come find you and help you out!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:36 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,333 times
Miss Blue, I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers

Blessings michelle

Old 07-31-2010, 04:59 AM

229 posts, read 332,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
When I leave on my daily journeys, I take the circle with me. It is a place I keep inside of me, that noone can take away. It transcends all differences and accepts all as equal beings, nutures that which we deem sacred and with respect. When I first entered the circle, I didnt know what it meant. I was feeling a bit beat up by rude comments in other forums I had spent too much time in, but was healing from some things I thought I would not live through. The hope I recieved here has lasted and helped me view things in a better light and that no matter the circumstance, I can come here for refuge. My Dad told me when I got out of High School that this was a cold world, and I had better be highly prepared for that, but I wasnt. I am a tenderheart, can't help it. All I can do, is try to get over that which is thrown at me, and do my best to make it better. Sometimes, I cannot withstand the cruelty, and I cannot make it better, and I cave in and have to turn my head to the corruption and carry on. I cant count the number of times I started my life over. I wonder how many lives I have left? I wonder if the spirits of my ancestors are inside me, trying to warn me of the dangers they endured. Maybe they helped me find this circle of hope. Thank you folks, for accepting me too, even if I dont have a pot to p*ss in but a heart of gold to share. Love to all! I am obviously struggling today, sorry
I'm sorry to hear this, I understand the feeling all too well, hope all goes better with you soon

Quote:
Orions today I will be with you in thought and prayer.Your wisdom has been a great part of this Sacred Circle..

Te aftermath of the flooding just keeps getting worse..Yesterday FEMA, told us we neeed to move.because our house may be unliveable..They called husband down to the disaster camp setup and gave him SBA loan application to fill out..Translation is that they plan to just condemn our neighborhood and offer us a pittance for our homes and property..The SBA is a low interest relocation loan with miles and miles of red tape..Most people in this neighborhood have other homes or property to go to..We don't..
I'm so sorry to hear this too Miss Blue

I'm glad to have discovered this thread, what an uplifting thread it has been, where people show genuine respect/acceptance and love towards one another

Old 07-31-2010, 07:20 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
alisonminnie, I am so glad you found this thread..I am sure it will help you find some peace as you continue your life's path..We are respectful of everyone's path to God/Creator here and because of our understanding, tolerance and respect for each other's beliefs or non beliefs there is no reason to debate.

I also want to sincerely thank all of you for your compassion and uplifting words during this very stressful time for myself ..Thank you Dewdrop for the info and the photos you sent

Goodpasture , yes I have found a new and maybe bette rway to spring clean Just rip off the walls and tear up the floors and soak everything still standing in bleach

Love you all

Old 07-31-2010, 07:27 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Miss Blue, it is always good to hear from you and to know that you and your family are safe, keep a positive outlook and things will get better and a good sense a humor doesn't hurt either....

Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
.........Translation is that they plan to just condemn our neighborhood and offer us a pittance for our homes and property..............
Would you share with me, via dm, your location? I am a real estate appraiser, and I am pretty sure you are supposed to get just compensation for your property. Further, I am friends with dozens of appraisers around the country. I may be able to provide some assistance. Of course what someone would pay for a house that floods can be a "pittance." But we watched the superfund site in Oklahoma (Picher, OK) where the money provided became NOT the value of a house where your kids can suffer brain damage but the cost of finding a comparable house in a healthy community.

One of the problems we have in this country is that lots of really nice homes were built in what are now considered flood zones. Part of that comes from the fact that when houses were built, it was near the waterways that provided transportation options. Another problem has been the pressure of population growth. Another contributory problem has been the way we build.

Once upon a time when the rain would fall, it would land on trees, grass, dirt. Today, in that same location it lands on roofs, sidewalks, driveways and streets. Where once the water nourished the earth, soaking in and providing life to our planet, it is now diverted into gutters and downspouts, pushed onto streets, and dumped into storm sewers where it is thrown into streams and lakes and rivers. No longer does the water soak into the soil and replenish aquifers. All that excess water is diverted to those elements that come back and flood us. The LEED movement and Energy Star and other green initiatives are making an effort at changing that. Permeable patio stones, buffalo grass roofs, in-ground holding tanks that allow the water to soak in over time rather than be pushed immediately into the rivers is helping. But while we focus on energy efficiency and "weaning ourselves off foreign oil" we must also consider the planet's health.......and the replenishment of aquifers and increasing the planets greenery to replenish the oxygen available is also important.

I understand your anguish at having to possibly move and lose the place you called home for years. Memories cannot be moved like furniture. But if you use this as an opportunity it can be a good thing. If I can provide assistance in any way, let me know.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:48 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
............ My Dad told me when I got out of High School that this was a cold world, and I had better be highly prepared for that...........
But there are good warm hearted people out there........if you reach out properly, you will find them.....

Old 08-01-2010, 10:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Thanks GP..I will dm that info to you tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality