Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 01:12 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I have no idea.......but they are cute, big, and eat like pigs.........want one?
I took a pretty good look -- they could be at least part Mastiff and, if so, they're gonna be huge. You got a saddle around there somewhere?

Google Image Result for http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/images/giant%20English%20Mastiff.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,923 times
Sometimes the bigger ones are the most loving and sweetest. Just don't ever let them learn to set in your lap. Ever. Just saying.
Merry Christmas to all here in the circle. I know that some of you do not celebrate this day and I hope you will take this in the spirit it is meant. For this one day, I hope we can all treat everyone we meet with loving kindness.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Sometimes the bigger ones are the most loving and sweetest. Just don't ever let them learn to set in your lap. Ever. Just saying.
I once had a German Shepherd named Baron. He was the runt of the litter when I got him but, with a regular application of puppy vitamins, good food and lotsa love, Baron became the biggest of the litter by a considerable margin. He was also the smartest German Shepherd I've ever known. I swear that dog understood English...

However, as big as he was, Baron still thought he was a lap-dog. When he was in my lap, the "lap" extended from my chin to my knees and out to both arms of my easy chair.

Wishing the Season's very best to all here, and to their loved ones,

-- Nighteyes

Old 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Tonight there is an extremely rare phenomenon -- the simultaneous occurrence of (a) the full moon, (b) the Winter Solstice, and (c) a total lunar eclipse that can be seen anywhere in North America.

Here in Southern California there's gonna be 100% cloud cover and about 3 inches of rain.

It never rains in California,
But girl, don't they warn ya,
It pours, Man it pours
!

-- The Mamas and the Papas

Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM

727 posts, read 540,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
ptsum, please tell me the roads are clear and it is going to be nice out this weekend in your part of the country.

About two weeks ago, as we were leaving our place (late, as usual), we found three puppies sitting on the side of the road.......apparently they had been set free by some *&$%@#*&$(&#@$&^ moron who never had the momma spayed. Anyway, we took them home (made us even later than usual), fed them (they went through half a ton of food) watered them (several gallons) and fixed them a place to sleep it off. The next day we took them to our vet to have him check them out and give them some shots and worm them. Over the course of the last two weeks we have posted pictures on a couple of forums that we post on (other than here) and two of them have homes to go to. One in Illinois, the other on Cape Cod. So Friday or Saturday this week I will be driving, in a quad cab dodge, to Cape Cod via Illinois with Annemieke, me, four Jack Russell dogs (our own overindulgence) and three pups........did I mention I have to be back in Oklahoma before Christmas?

The three pups......

This one is going to Illinois:

Anyhow, hopefully I won't get hit with another snow storm like I did last January.........
Lucky you was there and take care of them *hugs*

Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
May the spirit of the holiday season be with all of you and if you celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas to you. Tomorrow night is the Winter Solstice and it's going to be a unique one this year, there will be a full lunar eclipse, the last time an event such as this happened was in 1638 and I miss that one by a few years and the next one after this will be in 2094. Now I realize that a lunar eclipse is really not all that special but it's very rare that it happens on the Winter Solstice. So Happy Holidays to all of you here.....

Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
I once had a German Shepherd named Baron. He was the runt of the litter when I got him but, with a regular application of puppy vitamins, good food and lotsa love, Baron became the biggest of the litter by a considerable margin. He was also the smartest German Shepherd I've ever known. I swear that dog understood English...

However, as big as he was, Baron still thought he was a lap-dog. When he was in my lap, the "lap" extended from my chin to my knees and out to both arms of my easy chair.

Wishing the Season's very best to all here, and to their loved ones,

-- Nighteyes
That's funny. My brother had a German Shephed named Baron. Silver and black....beautiful dog.

Myself? Proud Best Friend of the only breed that matters (to me )...the Beagle!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v370/100/101/1253076135/n1253076135_140943_3476.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-20-2010, 02:58 PM

727 posts, read 540,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
That's funny. My brother had a German Shephed named Baron. Silver and black....beautiful dog.

*pic*
Since this is sacred circle I do not know the rules what is allowed to say but I am healed for today and that beagle just knows what is all about

Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asexualgirl View Post
Since this is sacred circle I do not know the rules what is allowed to say but I am healed for today and that beagle just knows what is all about

Asexualgirl, welcome to the sacred circle and if you go to the very first post you will see how this works.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Proud, loyal, stubborn and extremely focused, Beagles have a lot of commendable qualities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality