Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 03:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

I wish you clear skies, Cupper! It should be a wondrous sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 07:35 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I would not draw a circle to keep him out.

“He drew a circle that shut me out-
Heretic , rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle and took him In !

From the poem " Outwitted” Edwin Markham
Love this. Wish I knew better how to draw that bigger circle.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:13 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I wish you clear skies, Cupper! It should be a wondrous sight.
Yes, I am quite looking forward to it. The Milky Way should be in sight also. Trouble is my camera is only my cell phone, and not good enough to capture it.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yes, I am quite looking forward to it. The Milky Way should be in sight also. Trouble is my camera is only my cell phone, and not good enough to capture it.
She's looking fine tonight. Hope tomorrow is as clear.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
We haven't had a clear night all summer long. Occasionally it'll be clear just after sunset, but within an hour or two, the clouds roll in like they do every single night. It's rather depressing, really, because I long to see the stars, but all I ever see instead is the slate gray ceiling of impenetrable clouds. I feel like we live under a giant rock. Statistics show that our area received only ~70 days of sunshine all year, and most of those are in the winter.

I have to admit, though, that the presence of a super moon will cancel out the meteor shower. Only the brightest meteors will be seen through the bright light of the moon.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
I used to be a gate guard at Pebble Beach, a privately held tourist drive through near Monterey. People would drive up on foggy Summer mornings and ask when might a better time be to take the drive. I would answer, "October."

Old 08-10-2014, 11:17 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I used to be a gate guard at Pebble Beach, a privately held tourist drive through near Monterey. People would drive up on foggy Summer mornings and ask when might a better time be to take the drive. I would answer, "October."
Yup. All of Big Sur, to the south of where you were, is like that. Its often so thick that it appears like someone stole the ocean...

Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

SOVEREIGN INDIAN: This is the chicken's inherent right as he is indigenous to this land!!!

MILITANT INDIAN: That chicken should block the road, not cross the road!!!

GRASSROOT INDIAN: If the darn chickens need to get across the road, let 'em cross the darn road!

COLONIZED INDIAN: Chiggens should never cross the roads that white men built before the great white father crosses it first. If the white father crosses it, it is good. We must then follow.

AMERICANIZED INDIAN: We must have roads. We must cross the roads that the white man built for us. We have to be thankful to the white man for this. I don't know why you Indians are always complaining. You embarrass us. Chickens are good for us.

REPUBLICAN INDIAN: It's true that that white man built those roads for us. We are merely chickens. We will always be chickens until we learn to build those roads ourselves -- for profit.

DEMOCRATIC INDIAN: The chicken crossed the road because he didn't have enough funding.

TRADITIONAL INDIAN: Those chiggens weren't traditional because they were supposed to be on it -- not crossing it!

INDIAN GRANDPA: I think he was runnin' away from rezidential school.

URBAN INDIAN: That chicken crossed the road 'cause it was a city, man. You know what I mean?

NEW AGE INDIAN: It was basically because of Jungian dream therapy, drumming, sweatlodges, my shaman, and long walks on the beach, near my beach house.

POW WOW INDIAN: That chicken must have been heading to a 49!

EDUCATED INDIAN: I think it has to do with Einstein's theory which basically posits: "Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the chicken?"

REZ INDIAN: What's a chicken?

IHS INDIAN: I really don't care why he crossed that road. We still aren't paying for no stinkin' hospital bills.

BIA INDIAN: They crossed it because of CFR 49, Section 11299, gives them the authority to do so, under Department of Interior regulations, in the Executive Branch. They wrote a grant and we funded them. We are very proud of them.

KFC INDIAN: I'll take a leg, a thigh, with corn and potatoes. Extra crispy, please.

And finally...

TRIBAL INDIAN COUNCIL: The chicken crossed the road without our approval! Fire his family!!

Read more at Friday Funny: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road? The NDN Version - ICTMN.com

Old 08-13-2014, 09:34 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Osiyo

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FFYr3-FGemA

Old 08-14-2014, 10:16 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Wado Tso-s-da-nv-tli....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality