Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2015, 11:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah I guess we are off topic.
The reason we have hit this many pages is that there is no topic to get off of
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 07:03 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
The reason we have hit this many pages is that there is no topic to get off of
Is that why we are going around in circles?

Old 02-19-2015, 09:00 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
It is pretty amazing that this thread has gone on for this long.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:10 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Yeah I wish the Ruskies would send their cold air into the North Pacific instead of North America. Maybe it'd help stir up some weather systems that would eventually make it to California. They need the rain out there badly, I hear.
It's so dry, the trees are calling the dogs...

Old 02-19-2015, 10:30 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
I see Sacred Circle Wisdom mentioned in connection with a Woman deity here. Does this have anything to do with the Sacred Circle referenced by the OP? This is a subject about which I know all too little and would like to learn more. Is the link provided above a decent source or is it off-track invention. It looks legit to me. Is it?
I believe ptsum, the OP, should address your question directly. He'll be along presently I'm sure.

I don't claim to be a spiritual elder; not at all. However, to my knowledge, "Native American Spirituality" always has balance -- both male and female. This was true of many pre-JudeoChristian traditions as well.

It seems to me that the attempted demotion of feminine energy and spirituality into servitude (my terms, no one else's) has thrown the whole thing out of kilter. It has transformed humankind from "Caretakers" to just "Takers," with thoroughly obvious and predictable results.

But that's just me.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:33 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
I see Sacred Circle Wisdom mentioned in connection with a Woman deity here. Does this have anything to do with the Sacred Circle referenced by the OP? This is a subject about which I know all too little and would like to learn more. Is the link provided above a decent source or is it off-track invention. It looks legit to me. Is it?

I took a look at that site and it looked interesting, a little new age stuff on there but I think the basics look good. Anything that promotes peace and harmony can't be all bad, however I would still be just a little skeptical and I would have a tendency to back away if they are asking for a monetary charge.true Native American teachings are given for the asking and if you take the time and patience to sit and learn from those giving the lessons.

Alt Thinker,you ask a good question and just to put things in perspective among the Native American societies women play a very important role, they are the givers of life and all native American societies are matriarchal, women are the ones that actually run the tribe,they are the ones who make a selection as to who is going to be the leader, they are the ones that will will decide where the tribe will set up camp. The interesting thing about Native Americans is that when a man and woman get married the man becomes a member of the woman's family. And there are a great deal of customs with in the tribe and within the society that demand a great deal of respect for the women of the tribe. Stop and consider that we call this land that we live on Mother Earth because she is a provider for all that we need to live, so naturally, when you're going to pay her a great deal of respect.

Last edited by ptsum; 02-19-2015 at 10:44 AM..

Old 02-19-2015, 01:51 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,126,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I took a look at that site and it looked interesting, a little new age stuff on there but I think the basics look good. Anything that promotes peace and harmony can't be all bad, however I would still be just a little skeptical and I would have a tendency to back away if they are asking for a monetary charge.true Native American teachings are given for the asking and if you take the time and patience to sit and learn from those giving the lessons.

Alt Thinker,you ask a good question and just to put things in perspective among the Native American societies women play a very important role, they are the givers of life and all native American societies are matriarchal, women are the ones that actually run the tribe,they are the ones who make a selection as to who is going to be the leader, they are the ones that will will decide where the tribe will set up camp. The interesting thing about Native Americans is that when a man and woman get married the man becomes a member of the woman's family. And there are a great deal of customs with in the tribe and within the society that demand a great deal of respect for the women of the tribe. Stop and consider that we call this land that we live on Mother Earth because she is a provider for all that we need to live, so naturally, when you're going to pay her a great deal of respect.
Very good informative answer. Thank you. I will exercise my usual cautious curiosity on the site.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:32 PM

Top 10 Things Natives Should Say to White Folks

10. How much white are you?

9. I'm part white myself, you know.

8. I learned all your people's ways in the Boy Scouts.

7. My great-great-grandmother was a full-blooded white American Princess.

6. Funny, you don't look white.

5. I'm not racist, my best friend is white!

4. Do you live in a covered wagon?

3. What's the meaning behind the square dance?

2. Can I touch your facial hair?

1. Hey, can I take your picture?

Old 02-19-2015, 07:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPVrr44KHI

Old 02-20-2015, 10:46 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
I believe ptsum, the OP, should address your question directly. He'll be along presently I'm sure.

I don't claim to be a spiritual elder; not at all. However, to my knowledge, "Native American Spirituality" always has balance -- both male and female. This was true of many pre-JudeoChristian traditions as well.

It seems to me that the attempted demotion of feminine energy and spirituality into servitude (my terms, no one else's) has thrown the whole thing out of kilter. It has transformed humankind from "Caretakers" to just "Takers," with thoroughly obvious and predictable results.

But that's just me.
Ever been to divorce court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality