U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 PM

8,366 posts, read 2,754,951 times

Advertisements

Sure can tell its spring time. All the birds singing and pairing up. I got my koi pond garden mostly finished. Still got to build my water wall. Found a granite table top. I tend to find alot of usefull things thrown aside or given away on freecycle.
The spider from last year is at it again making a giant web over the pond like an umbrella. Genius if you ask me. All the flying insects swoop in to drink or breed.
Got a couple of fat toads under the pond liner.
It's a beautiful spring. Time to go pick the fruit trees.
Huh. Fruit is like a bomb it has a yield.
puns never get old for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 11:30 AM

32,538 posts, read 29,377,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have been burdened for some time now, more than a year, and it seems those difficulties will soon be coming to a head. They are largely emotional, for those who may fear for my physical or spiritual well-being, though I admit to being saddened and puzzled and occasionally, angry.

In any event, I have come many times to sit silently at the circle in the past year and have always drawn some degree of solace by doing so.

I thank my brothers and sisters of the circle for making it a welcoming, safe place.
I wish you peace, Trout. And whatever else you need during this part of your walk. I'm glad you find solace in the circle. And I'm glad you're a part of it.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:41 AM

15,057 posts, read 7,557,226 times
Quote:
I have been burdened for some time now, more than a year, and it seems those difficulties will soon be coming to a head. They are largely emotional, for those who may fear for my physical or spiritual well-being, though I admit to being saddened and puzzled and occasionally, angry.

In any event, I have come many times to sit silently at the circle in the past year and have always drawn some degree of solace by doing so.

I thank my brothers and sisters of the circle for making it a welcoming, safe place.
I'm sorry to hear that Trout. Can't tell you how many times I've been in need of some peace of mind, and found it by spending time with the beautiful pictures you've generously posted in the thread you started, so I understand how this thread could give you solace.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM

13,466 posts, read 21,220,101 times
I hope your ordeal will be over soon Trout and this thread has quieted me down a lot when emotions were near the edge...

You gave me a good laugh when I needed one a few minutes with your play on words "FunnyMentalist" so you are a real asset in the cheering up dept whether you know it or not

Old 03-30-2015, 11:47 AM

23,400 posts, read 12,106,237 times
Thanks all. You're good people.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:29 PM

37,573 posts, read 25,275,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I wish you peace, Trout. And whatever else you need during this part of your walk. I'm glad you find solace in the circle. And I'm glad you're a part of it.
Amen.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,078,336 times
I am reminded of these words;

The Promises of Tomorrow..

The promises Creator gives us comes with every new day. The gift of breath, the gift of life, opportunities in a vast array.
How do we count our blessings, through the choices life can bring? Is it through joyful lessons? or the fears to which we cling? are we learning to show gratitude for the victories over human pain? By honoring the feeling choices, we grasp the will we've regained. Can we change our focus, with no need to defend ? Acknowledging joy and sorrow, without judging foe or friend ? Tomorrow promises the fullness of every human way to know: How we master each challenge, determines our balance, reflecting how we grow.

As I walked the trail of life in the fear of the wind and rain. Grant to me Creator that I may always walk like a man.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:01 PM

5,739 posts, read 4,588,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I am reminded of these words;

The Promises of Tomorrow..

The promises Creator gives us comes with every new day. The gift of breath, the gift of life, opportunities in a vast array.
How do we count our blessings, through the choices life can bring? Is it through joyful lessons? or the fears to which we cling? are we learning to show gratitude for the victories over human pain? By honoring the feeling choices, we grasp the will we've regained. Can we change our focus, with no need to defend ? Acknowledging joy and sorrow, without judging foe or friend ? Tomorrow promises the fullness of every human way to know: How we master each challenge, determines our balance, reflecting how we grow.

As I walked the trail of life in the fear of the wind and rain. Grant to me Creator that I may always walk like a man.

peace,
sparrow

Old 03-30-2015, 09:48 PM

8,366 posts, read 2,754,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Ever wonder why the turtle carries the world on his back? Because he was our little calendar. 1 scale surrounded by 12 scales. This ones for you Ptsum.
"The Turtle carries the world on his back".

Looking at the moon there are 7 phases that are lit. The new moon is the 8th. The one that goes into perdition.
The Priest wore a breast plate with 12 stones representing the months of the year.
Under the breast plate were 2 stones one black one white. The Unnim and Thummim. The white and black stones represent the phases of the moon.
This is pretty interesting because the mormons claim a tribe of Israel brought these stones to america. Which is to say they brought the calendar. Historically speaking that could be factual. Native american legends talk about a few things concerning this.
12 stone dial. around 2 stones. -Months moons-. "The Turtle carries the world on his back".

From what I can tell there are 7 off set dials.
Creating 7 lunar years.
Its a calendar of course. All religions have a pantheon or calendar to follow. Julian,Gregorian, Chinese. Etc.
The stories and myths surrounding them are fiction with grains of facts. Except the one that happened, all fact..
Behind the symbolism it's pretty clear. The yin and yang are a part of the calendar. The spinning dial symbolizes the moon.

Cast your breads upon the waters. physical aspect. The people migrated.
Spiritual aspect Solomon said it best.

Ecclesiastes 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
3 If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
4 He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
6 In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 AM

15,560 posts, read 7,019,945 times
Quote:
Thanks all. You're good people.
True that. The thing to remember here though is that whatever else is going on you are too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality