U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 10:50 AM

15,498 posts, read 12,104,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Hi Woodrow. Good to see you back but sorry to hear that your wife is struggling. Still, she is in good hands with you as her partner. Isn't she native American, I seem to recall? Do I have that right?
You are correct, my wife's mother was Northern Cheyenne. However we have closer contact with the Lakota of Cheyenne River and Pine Ridge. My previous deceased wife was Cherokee with ties to both the Eastern and Western Bands. That was purely coincidental, with no pre planning.

I only recently learned my Father's mother was Penobscot. I did not know that but it makes since now as my cousins on by father's side are predominantly brown-skinned. I lost my father when I was 7 years old and had little contact with my father's family while I was growing up.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM

10,485 posts, read 9,921,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Hello everybody. Good to be back here in the circle. However My wife is still fighting a very hard battle. Please keep her in your thoughts.

will keep your wife in my prayers brother, you take care of yourself also, don't overdo it because you need to be strong for her.osiay.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:07 PM

15,498 posts, read 12,104,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
will keep your wife in my prayers brother, you take care of yourself also, don't overdo it because you need to be strong for her.osiay.
Wado

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 06-26-2017, 04:06 PM

32,538 posts, read 28,583,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Hello everybody. Good to be back here in the circle. However My wife is still fighting a very hard battle. Please keep her in your thoughts.
Both of you are in my thoughts, my friend.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:53 AM

Praying is what has brought us old people through life. We've all gone through hard times. We've all done our share of bad and good things.But through our prayers and faith in the Creator we get together again and we try hard to live right.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:39 AM

48,697 posts, read 48,407,132 times
Hi, ptsum, haven't seen you in a while, but I haven't been on this thread or on R&S as much at all. Good to see you. I always learn from you.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Status: "Totally hep to the cultural jive.." (set 1 day ago)

21,891 posts, read 11,329,845 times
It's always good when this thread is resurrected.

It put me in mind of brother Woodrow. I hope he and his Mrs. are doing ok.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Thank you for the warm words and it is always good to hear from old friends.TroutDude, I too hope that our brother Woodrow and his wife are doing okay. Mightyqueen, you are right I haven't been on here much lately, have been busy with other projects that seem to be coming to fruition at this time, so maybe I'll have a little more time now to visit and get back into the rhythm of things. I see that our friend Baptistfundamentalist has had his posts deleted, I know I shouldn't be talking about it but I was hoping to have some kind of a civilized conversation with him and apparently that may not be possible and I'm sorry to see that happen, might have enjoyed the debate. I came across these words that I thought were very interesting and I wish to share them with you.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touching smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest complement, the smallest act of caring. All of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Sometimes we go about our daily lives and forget the simplest things that we can do that can change the lives of others.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:42 AM

14,565 posts, read 6,557,302 times
ptsum, I can appreciate your wanting to have a good conversation with BaptistFundie. I thought that his question was close to the line and asked him not to pursue it further here in the circle. The mods obviously took an even dimmer view of the post than I did. Maybe you can open a conversation with him about your comparative views in the general forum, I would sure be interested.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
ptsum, I can appreciate your wanting to have a good conversation with BaptistFundie. I thought that his question was close to the line and asked him not to pursue it further here in the circle. The mods obviously took an even dimmer view of the post than I did. Maybe you can open a conversation with him about your comparative views in the general forum, I would sure be interested.
nateswift,It would be an interesting concept if it could be done in a civilized way without any name-calling and with an open mind. I have no animosity towards any type of religion, it is my belief that the more those of us of different beliefs, cultures, and religions were to sit and have a meaningful conversation we could learn from one another and very possibly to tear down the walls of hatred and mistrust. I am willing to have a civil conversation with this particular individual should he wish to, I think it might be difficult to find the correct venue for such a conversation. Maybe I'll see if we can work on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality