Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 09:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,856,186 times

Advertisements

But when you are in time for cornbread you have done especially well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 06:51 AM

88,203 posts, read 84,076,500 times
Good morning. The sun is shining on the water, and birds are greeting one another with their calls.

Coffee is made. Pull up a rock and have some with me.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:17 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,329,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good morning. The sun is shining on the water, and birds are greeting one another with their calls.

Coffee is made. Pull up a rock and have some with me.
Don't mind if I do. Woke up way too early this morning, but I'm just now getting around to coffee.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,247,451 times
You 2 are so sweet. MQ and Pleroo...so glad you are on this forum. xo

Old 08-10-2018, 11:03 AM

10,603 posts, read 11,629,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Some are aware that for nearly 2 years my wife was afflicted with massive internal bleeding. In Dec 2017 she was finaly diagnosed with cancer with matasis to the bones. She began 3 days of Chemo and/or radiation therapy every other week at the Fargo VA. They would put a cot in the room for me to stay with her. In Feb pf this year when I was spending the night with her, I was unable to move in the morning. Quick trip to the ER and it was found both legs and most of my ribs had broken. I had very advanced bone cancer, I was immediately hospitalized in the same room with my wife.

We were beyond treatment. The VA placed us in Hospice Care at Viking Manor Nursing Home in Ulen MN. My wife left this Dunyah at Ifthar time on Friday the 10th day of Ramadan (9:00 PM May 25, 2018)

I am biding my final days here. I am treated very well and have a computer. I receive no treatment except for pain control. I have opted to spend my final days here. With the aid of a wheelchair I have considerable mobility and even make short trips (up to a mile) outdoors.

I still enjoy sunrises and sunsets and worship to the best of my ability. The days are still good.

It is good to be here among my brothers and sisters but I am saddened by the news that comes from my brother Woodrow and it saddens me to read this particular post from him. I know that there will come a time when we all must make that journey to the other side. It is a journey that when my time comes I look forward to, but not just yet, for I have many stories to tell and lessons to learn. It is with a heavy heart that I know that my brother Woodrow plans on making that journey in the very near future but at the same time I am happy for him because I know he will be greeted on the other side by his wife and friends and relatives, he will be sitting among his ancestors and I'm sure that there will be many stories to tell. To my brother Woodrow may your journey be very beautiful and pleasant and when my day comes I look forward to seeing you alongside the stream with a fishing pole in your hand. May the Creator watch over you on your journey. You will be missed but your words and wisdom will live on in those you leave behind, safe journeys my brother.Osaiy

Old 08-11-2018, 04:21 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,478,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Since becoming agnostic/atheist I have found myself void of any spiritual philosophy. I’ve found contentment/spirituality when out in nature. This seems like a nice place to visit.
I am the same way. I love to be all alone in some nature setting. I can almost feel the serenity and harmony of Mother Earth come into me. My mind and soul begin to be freed of the turmoil and conflicts of this world.

I found this at an antique market. It's called Faith of My Fathers". It refers to the Native American Church.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:32 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,997,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It is good to be here among my brothers and sisters but I am saddened by the news that comes from my brother Woodrow and it saddens me to read this particular post from him. I know that there will come a time when we all must make that journey to the other side. It is a journey that when my time comes I look forward to, but not just yet, for I have many stories to tell and lessons to learn. It is with a heavy heart that I know that my brother Woodrow plans on making that journey in the very near future but at the same time I am happy for him because I know he will be greeted on the other side by his wife and friends and relatives, he will be sitting among his ancestors and I'm sure that there will be many stories to tell. To my brother Woodrow may your journey be very beautiful and pleasant and when my day comes I look forward to seeing you alongside the stream with a fishing pole in your hand. May the Creator watch over you on your journey. You will be missed but your words and wisdom will live on in those you leave behind, safe journeys my brother.Osaiy

Wa-do my Friend/Brother,

Your words and wisdom continue to be welcome. I assure you that the shorter my journey becomes, the less fearful it is. As the remaining time lessens, joy increases. When your time comes to walk this path---keep your eye-open for the coffee pot. I will keep a fresh pot on the fire. We have many stories left to share.

I discourage posting personal identifying information. But if any one desires to send an old man a note:

Woodrow Fields
Viking Manor Nursing Home
317 1st St. NW
Ulen, MN 56585

Old 08-12-2018, 05:13 PM

63,477 posts, read 39,764,672 times
Quote:
Wa-do my Friend/Brother,
Your words and wisdom continue to be welcome. I assure you that the shorter my journey becomes, the less fearful it is. As the remaining time lessens, joy increases. When your time comes to walk this path---keep your eye-open for the coffee pot. I will keep a fresh pot on the fire. We have many stories left to share.
I am saddened for your pain and hope it is well-controlled, brother. I have no fear as I approach the inevitable with you, my friend. Our actions in Nam may be troubling as we contemplate accounting for them, but the God I encountered removed any basis for fear, my brother. I realize we walk different paths under different beliefs, but I wanted to provide my certainty for you to consider. I expect we will have a lot to talk about on the other side. Focus on reuniting with the love in your life, Wood, the joy is indescribable!
Quote:
I discourage posting personal identifying information. But if anyone desires to send an old man a note:

Woodrow Fields
317 1st St. NW
Ulen, MN 56585
Look forward to a missive from me, my brother.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:54 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,991,557 times
Quote:
Wa-do my Friend/Brother,

I discourage posting personal identifying information. But if any one desires to send an old man a note:

Woodrow Fields
317 1st St. NW
Ulen, MN 56585
Hello Woodrow.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:51 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,997,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Hello Woodrow.

Hello gabfest. Very pleased to see you here. I am receiving very good care here. I am on palliative care only, no treatment, just pain control with no mind altering drugs. Emphasis is all on pain control and so far it has been very successful. I am qute comfortable with full mental capacity (at least at my normal level--which never was high). I doubt I could get better care anyplace. I'm still enjoying life and can not praise my direct care folks enough--they are great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality