U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 AM

6,791 posts, read 4,069,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
aint no flag or religion can hold all that wisdom ... least none that I know of anyway.

But there are many in our ranks than can.
I highly recommend that you come here from time to time AA.
ptsum has made a very cool thing here...with a really great vibe. Everybody digs The Circle...and it is one of the most popular things of this whole R&S Forum.
And ptsum himself is really cool, and smart, and wise. He has taught me some things over the years
Check it out...you'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 01:45 AM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
ptsum has made a very cool thing here...with a really great vibe. Everybody digs The Circle...and it is one of the most popular things of this whole R&S Forum.
And ptsum himself is really cool, and smart, and wise. He has taught me some things over the years
Amen. Ptsum is awesome and the circle is a welcoming place.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:09 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,972,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. Ptsum is awesome and the circle is a welcoming place.
It's also nice to have a kind of neutral ground to discuss things without the constant vitriol everywhere else, but with more diverse views than just sticking to our own forums. I don't comment very often here, but I frequently read comments. I've learned a fair amount from my readings, particularly regarding Native American traditions, particularly the Cherokee. It's been interesting.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:33 PM

I went trout fishing with my father and two uncles last weekend. The river water was cool and refreshing, and the temperature was pretty good. I put on my shoes with holes in them. My shoes go through several stages with time. First, they're nice shoes. Then they're hiking shoes. Finally, they reach the point of having several lovely holes that make it easy for water and sand to spill out and they become water shoes.

I spent the day wading through the river, and enjoyed it.

The last time I went trout fishing with my uncle it was 40 degrees Fahrenheit. i fell over into the river at 8 o'clock in the morning. I was wearing long wading boots, which swiftly filled with frigid water. I went back to the cabin to remove the water, and had to attempt various strategies to remove the wading boots. I eventually succeeded via shutting one foot in the door, pulling away from it, and having river water spill all over our cabin floor...which I'd underestimated the amount of.

We used 2 pound line, which I found nearly invisible. My uncle and his buddy found it impressive just how skilled I was at getting it tangled in everything. I don't know why it so often got tangled. I assume it was possessed by some kind of river demon. I'd just look away, then look back, and find a giant knot somewhere on my fishing line.

What I found particularly amusing was when I'd untangle the line, put the bait on, then look back to see that it had somehow gotten tangled again, untangle it, then find the hook stuck in my shirt in a kind of endless cycle.

I caught no fish. I was, however, a better catcher of trees, river debris, and clothing than anyone I've ever seen. My uncle and his buddy made sure to remind me of my incredible skill for months afterward.

The next day, it was 20 degrees out, so almost no one was fishing. I found a lovely, sunny rock to sit on that was as suited for sitting as any park bench. It was right in front of a deep area filled with trout. I caught four trout in a half hour, and then we left.

I certainly enjoyed the more recent wading in a cool river on a warm day while it was happening, but I think, over the long run, I got more more benefits out of the falling over into 40 degree waters and tangling my hook and/or line into every nearby object because it makes a better story.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:01 PM

25,767 posts, read 13,399,507 times
Good stuff, Clint.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:01 AM

13,472 posts, read 4,982,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I went trout fishing with my father and two uncles last weekend. The river water was cool and refreshing, and the temperature was pretty good. I put on my shoes with holes in them. My shoes go through several stages with time. First, they're nice shoes. Then they're hiking shoes. Finally, they reach the point of having several lovely holes that make it easy for water and sand to spill out and they become water shoes.

I spent the day wading through the river, and enjoyed it.

The last time I went trout fishing with my uncle it was 40 degrees Fahrenheit. i fell over into the river at 8 o'clock in the morning. I was wearing long wading boots, which swiftly filled with frigid water. I went back to the cabin to remove the water, and had to attempt various strategies to remove the wading boots. I eventually succeeded via shutting one foot in the door, pulling away from it, and having river water spill all over our cabin floor...which I'd underestimated the amount of.

We used 2 pound line, which I found nearly invisible. My uncle and his buddy found it impressive just how skilled I was at getting it tangled in everything. I don't know why it so often got tangled. I assume it was possessed by some kind of river demon. I'd just look away, then look back, and find a giant knot somewhere on my fishing line.

What I found particularly amusing was when I'd untangle the line, put the bait on, then look back to see that it had somehow gotten tangled again, untangle it, then find the hook stuck in my shirt in a kind of endless cycle.

I caught no fish. I was, however, a better catcher of trees, river debris, and clothing than anyone I've ever seen. My uncle and his buddy made sure to remind me of my incredible skill for months afterward.

The next day, it was 20 degrees out, so almost no one was fishing. I found a lovely, sunny rock to sit on that was as suited for sitting as any park bench. It was right in front of a deep area filled with trout. I caught four trout in a half hour, and then we left.

I certainly enjoyed the more recent wading in a cool river on a warm day while it was happening, but I think, over the long run, I got more more benefits out of the falling over into 40 degree waters and tangling my hook and/or line into every nearby object because it makes a better story.
sometimes thats why I like watching 9th grade football games over varsity games. watching them young-ans untangle those hooks just warms my heart. is that sick?

Old 06-26-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Good stuff, Clint.
Thanks, Trout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
sometimes thats why I like watching 9th grade football games over varsity games. watching them young-ans untangle those hooks just warms my heart. is that sick?
I think it might be just human nature. I don't know if it's sick or not...but it's probably a harmless kind of sick even if it is.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:39 AM

10,513 posts, read 10,327,737 times
I offer a prayer for my brother Woodrow, he is in the final stages of his battle with cancer and I do not suspect that he will be with us much longer and I will miss him greatly. Although him and I are of different beliefs we are still brothers and have a great deal of respect for one another and that is why I offer this prayer for my brother.

Mother Earth, hear your child, Hold my hand as I walk my path in this world. guide me to the lessons I seek, bring me closer to our Creator, until I return to the Western director, to once again enter the world of spirit, where the sacred fire awaits, and I rejoin the Council of the Elders, in the presence of the one who -Created All. Osiyo

Old 06-28-2019, 12:40 PM

25,767 posts, read 13,399,507 times
My thoughts are also with Woodrow. I've been reading his posts on FB the past few months. I am in awe of his dignity and courage and proud to call him friend.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:38 PM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
My thoughts are also with Woodrow. I've been reading his posts on FB the past few months. I am in awe of his dignity and courage and proud to call him friend.
I hold my brother Wood in my prayers every day and I am almost certain he was one of the "transients" that passed through my meditations recently. He must be in a strong emotional state. Wood has changed my view of Islam and shown me the difference between the radicals using it as an excuse for political purposes and devoutly true Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality