Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:37 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform those of you who set within the circle that our brother Woodrow has passed over into the other world, he now resides with his Creator and from what I was told by one of his daughters that his passing was very gentle. The people of my nation are taught that we leave nothing behind but our teachings and our wisdom and I can assure you that Woodrow has left a lot of wisdom behind. I will miss the many conversations that my brother and I have had over the years but will always cherish his wisdom and his gentleness. Osiyo

ptsum, I've seen your thread over the years and have never contributed but I did happen to read the last few posts. I'm curious: you say you live in Appalachia but you use the term, "My nation". I assume you are Native American? If so, are you familiar with the famous spiritual guide, Silver Birch? He is currently a native American in his spirit form and was made famous through Maurice Barbanell. Are you able to communicate with spirits? If so, do you agree with what Silver Birch communicated to the late Mr. Barbanell, especially the bolded below:

"While on earth, Silver Birch said he worshiped many gods, but had learned in the spirit world that “there is only one Great Spirit, who has provided eternal laws for the control of every phase of life throughout the boundless universe.

When we pass on, he said that we do not enter Heaven through “pearly gates”, neither do we descend to Hell through lakes of “fire and brimstone”.

The person who has died will be the same individual as they were in life, except that they will have no physical body. The spirit body is a replica of the physical one, but without any of its physical imperfections.

Silver Birch made it clear that the spirit world is not “dreamy or nebulous.” Spirits are busy with activities just as they are in the physical world. In the spirit world, the mental is real and the physical is a shadow. For example, when one dreams, things seem real at the time. The dream only becomes ethereal when the person wakes up. It is the viewpoint that makes the difference.

He also said that the spirit world isn’t a separate place. It is all around us, intermingling with the physical world.

When one arrives in the spirit world, the person meets those who have preceded him. Families and friends are reunited most of the time, but because of the law of attraction, only those of similar spiritual qualities will meet on the same plane.

Married couples or family members who held no real love for each other will not be together in the spirit world. The spiritual world may take on the trappings of physical existence, including homes, clothing and food. Silver Birch said this is a habit from our physical make-up.

The houses are not made of bricks and mortar, but constructed out of thought. Desire for food is a mental craving and a spirit can maintain the illusion if it requires it. People are free to express their talents, with no physical limitations. People also speak the same language – thought. Those thoughts are never hidden and lying is impossible.

After a person passes into the spirit world, he naturally gravitates to the correct spiritual sphere according to the life lived and the character evolved on the earthly plane. A person cannot occupy a higher sphere than the spiritual status he has reached, but spirits can evolve over time to reach higher spheres."

http://whitecrowbooks.com/features/p...d_silver_birch

https://www.spiritualpathspiritualis...-silver-birch/

Several of these points bolded above are echoed by famous mediums from the Golden Age of spiritualism like Monsignor Hugh Benson

https://www.thenewearth.org/LifeAfterDeath.html

and Reverend G. Vale Owen

https://nwspiritism.com/spiritist-kn...yond-the-veil/

Do you have an opinion to offer on what Silver Birch says about the spirit world in the selection above?

"

Last edited by thrillobyte; 07-28-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 09:19 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
I'll drink a glass of water in a toast to the stars tonight in Woodrow's honor.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:44 AM

ptsum, are you there?

Old 07-29-2019, 11:43 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
ptsum, are you there?
I'm here, and I have read over which you have posted about silver birch and it will take a little bit of time for me to think over what has been said. As you know responses do not come hastily from people such as myself but do not worry I will respond. Over the many years that I have lived in this world I have learned to choose my words very carefully and truthfully so please be patient.wado

Old 07-29-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I'm here, and I have read over which you have posted about silver birch and it will take a little bit of time for me to think over what has been said. As you know responses do not come hastily from people such as myself but do not worry I will respond. Over the many years that I have lived in this world I have learned to choose my words very carefully and truthfully so please be patient.wado

okay. will do. thanks much.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:08 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
okay. will do. thanks much.

one thing I would like to point out to you is that everyone of those sites that you have posted are sites by individuals of the Christian faith and are using what they call native spirituality to sell something. I have very little tolerance for Christians who try to use the spirituality and the belief of the people for monetary gain. Truth native spirituality does not command a price, it is given freely to the true believers. Keep this in mind should you ever decide to seek true spirituality. I mean no offense of the selections that you have posted but I just want to make you aware of the real facts of spirituality.

I live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and my native ancestry goes back through the Tsalagi ( Cherokee), the Shawnee, back to the Powhatan's.. The name I have been given by my elders is Gvnega Tawodi.... Which when translated means Black Hawk.

I will read more of your post and will have more to say in the near future.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:20 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
[color="Navy"]one thing I would like to point out to you is that everyone of those sites that you have posted are sites by individuals of the Christian faith and are using what they call native spirituality to sell something. I have very little tolerance for Christians who try to use the spirituality and the belief of the people for monetary gain. Truth native spirituality does not command a price, it is given freely to the true believers. Keep this in mind should you ever decide to seek true spirituality.
This should be a general standard for evaluating any spiritual claims or guidance. Money taints the sincerity because a truly spiritual person would want to share without the need for monetary consideration.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
one thing I would like to point out to you is that everyone of those sites that you have posted are sites by individuals of the Christian faith and are using what they call native spirituality to sell something. I have very little tolerance for Christians who try to use the spirituality and the belief of the people for monetary gain. Truth native spirituality does not command a price, it is given freely to the true believers. Keep this in mind should you ever decide to seek true spirituality. I mean no offense of the selections that you have posted but I just want to make you aware of the real facts of spirituality.

I live in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and my native ancestry goes back through the Tsalagi ( Cherokee), the Shawnee, back to the Powhatan's.. The name I have been given by my elders is Gvnega Tawodi.... Which when translated means Black Hawk.

I will read more of your post and will have more to say in the near future.

Thanks much, ptsum. One thing about those books: I didn't post them as requests for you to read because nobody has that kind of time though I appreciate the offer. I posted them for other readers who might be interested in getting a perspective of what the writing was like regarding accounts of the afterlife from the "golden age" of spiritualism (1850-1920). Though Rev. Vale was Christian he did do auto-writing from spirits and didn't seem to have an ethical problem with it. The other, Hugh Benson was supposedly already decease and gave this account to an auto-writer.

My question went more toward if my bolded statements about the afterlife comport with what you have told by the spirits about what it is like in the afterlife. I'm primarily interested in if we retain our personalities completely and if your etheric bodies are as solid in the spirit world as ours are here.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Thanks much, ptsum. One thing about those books: I didn't post them as requests for you to read because nobody has that kind of time though I appreciate the offer. I posted them for other readers who might be interested in getting a perspective of what the writing was like regarding accounts of the afterlife from the "golden age" of spiritualism (1850-1920). Though Rev. Vale was Christian he did do auto-writing from spirits and didn't seem to have an ethical problem with it. The other, Hugh Benson was supposedly already decease and gave this account to an auto-writer.

My question went more toward if my bolded statements about the afterlife comport with what you have told by the spirits about what it is like in the afterlife. I'm primarily interested in if we retain our personalities completely and if your etheric bodies are as solid in the spirit world as ours are here.
the part in bold above is confusing.
the spirit world is not physical. so it is not "solid" in the sense of being physical matter.
the article says "no physical body"
however a non-physical being is distinct and recognizable.

not sure what you mean, what you are asking with "solid as here"
he mentions "houses made of thought"
when you imagine in your mind a house, do you call that thought "solid as a house is here" ?
if an etheric body is made of light, do you call light "solid as here" ?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-29-2019 at 08:25 PM..

Old 07-30-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
the part in bold above is confusing.
the spirit world is not physical. so it is not "solid" in the sense of being physical matter.
the article says "no physical body"
however a non-physical being is distinct and recognizable.

not sure what you mean, what you are asking with "solid as here"
he mentions "houses made of thought"
when you imagine in your mind a house, do you call that thought "solid as a house is here" ?
if an etheric body is made of light, do you call light "solid as here" ?

A quote from "Experiences in Spiritualism:

His [the spirit's] hand was stretched out toward us, waving about. The hand and arm were directly between me and the window, and interrupted the light as palpably as if made of solid flesh and bone."

https://books.google.com/books?id=Sp...ualism&f=false

I have read similar things from many spiritualism books. Whether true or not, I don't know. I was just inquiring because ptsum said he communicates with spirits like a medium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality