Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 06:10 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times

Advertisements

I've always enjoyed this story....

MAN’S BEST FRIEND: A Story About Heaven and Hell (http://www.whatagooddog.biz/heaven_hell.htm - broken link)

Joining you in peace...

<><
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 09:10 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Hi everyone,
Even though I have continued to sit in the circle and have peace since I have joined, I feel an emptiness now as I had to put Isis, one of my dogs to sleep this past week.
I would like for you all to say a prayer for my dog and to help me get through this grief.
Songinthewind, you have my sympathy. I know well what you are going through. I've lost many pets over the years, and the two most recent, (within the last couple of years), I had to make the painful decision that you have made for your beloved dog. I don't know if you've ever had to do this before, but if not, trust me when I tell you that you made the best decision that you could, and you made it out of love, and Isis knew that. Our Creator's peace and blessings to you.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:36 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Tomorrow will be the start of a new beginning and because of that I offer a new prayer for all of us.

Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding

Great Spirit Grandfather, I send these words to you, hear my prayer.
For these are my words, To Father Sun, To Grandmother Moon, To Mother Earth, To all my relations, That have been Created as I. To the Four Winds. That bring us the Seasons of Life.

To the East, Where Father Sun rises, bringing to us a new day, a new meaning of life, a life in which to see, the path before us.

To the South, where the warm air comes to us, bringing heat and warmth, the seasons of spring and summer.

To the West, where Father Sun goes, to bring to us darkness, so as we may see the universe, and search for the questions of our life.

To the North, where the cold winds come from, bringing to us the seasons of fall and winter.

Oh Great Spirit, hear my words, for to you I offer my heart and soul, you've made me what I am. Look down upon your people, for we are humble before you, we seek your guidance, So that we your people may walk forever in a proud manner before you.

Great Spirit Grandfather, you gave your people the breath of life, so that we may live with dignity and pride, to always know and understand that life was meant for us your most humble people, and all that was created and given the breath of life.

Great Spirit Grandfather, let my heart, soul and mind be always strong with wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Great Spirit Grandfather, hear my words for wisdom, so that I may open my eyes and see all that is good around me.

Great Spirit Grandfather, hear my words, for I am humbled before you. I seek the strength to continue on this path that I travel on before you in a most sacred manner.

Great Spirit Grandfather, hear my words, for they are words that come from the heart, soul, and mind, and are filled with wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Great Spirit Grandfather, my words are for you to know and understand, that in a most sacred manner, I honor and respect the life you have put before me, I seek to strength to forever continue.

Great Spirit Grandfather, upon the four winds are my words for strength, for they come from the heart, soul, and mind, words I send to you in a sacred manner.

Great Spirit Grandfather, let all the wisdom, knowledge and understanding be my strength, to continue on this path that I have traveled on before you, now and forever. osay

Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Thanks all for your prayers/thoughts. I also appreciated the links you all sent to me and the poem about the Rainbow Bridge.
Peace to you all.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times

YouTube - Avril Lavigne - Knocking on Heavens Door [Lyrics]

\!!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,111,043 times
thank you ptsum, for your prayer of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

Sow seeds of understanding...
grow knowledge.
It will bloom into insight,
have the fragrance of experience,
and the color of confidence...
The bounty is wisdom.

Enjoy tomorrow, the start of a new beginning...

Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 PM

far a way

lost and found
finders keepers

study
faces and values

long
enough

YouTube - 11:11 Ask and ye shall receive

Last edited by effie g-tad; 01-19-2009 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: \!!

Old 01-24-2009, 04:02 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
I sit here with a question and I mean no disrespect, however I know that there are some beliefs about the so called "End of Times" and I do not want to turn this into a complete topic about this, but I am a little curious as to why this fascination with this particular subject. I would think that we would be more concerned about our present state of life and what we can do now to improve that. I have seen many threads that talk about the world coming to an end or such apocalyptic prophecies and I know that each and every culture and religion has its own beliefs about such a thing, but I find it hard to believe that such a thing is going to happen, maybe somebody among the different cultures and religions here could offer up some kind of an explanation of this matter. Now I don't want you preaching, just maybe some kind of explanation so as to get a better understanding.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times
Personally, I think a lot of it has to do with gaining money and/or power. Remember Y2K and what a charley foxtrot that was? Yet some people made a lot of money from the fear that generated. Another thing is one-upmanship. The I know something you don't nah, nah, nah, sort of thing.

I am trying to live each day as though it might be my last, not out of fear, but the hopes this will help me make my life meaningful. If any of these predictions ARE correct there isn't much we can do about it, so do the best we can and do not worry about what we can't change.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 AM

Default looking into the eyes of a Hush Puppy at noon..

YouTube - Paul Simon I know what I know

qP]d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality