Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times

Advertisements

Goodpasture, as one old warrior to another, I too have walked that same path and know of which you speak and have seen the same as you and more, your words are good and true.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Goodpasture, I also wore the uniform, volunteered for it, and, I think, as a test for myself. I took a stroll through Panama, and know what it is to dread the impending night. I try to never pass up the chance to thank those who's footsteps I followed and those who follow in mine. I still wonder if I measured up.
Measure up? You continued the heritage of all strong women. (I assume, from your name, that you are a daughter and not a son......)

Go back into history and you will see that one of the greatest defeats of the Roman legions was by germanic tribes where not just men, but their women fought great battles. The Celts were known and feared for their valor and for the women standing beside their men, shoulder to shoulder in battle. Joan of Arc set a standard of a woman in battle in the middle ages. Nancy Ward, Beloved Woman of the Cherokee, achieved her prominence when she wiped out a village of Creek during the Creek Wars.......she could walk into any war council and what she said was done. She alone saved many whites from torture simply by walking into the council and saying "free them" becasue she was an honored and recognized warrior.

Women with strength and courage and valor are always honored.........I salute your service as well........and am honored to know you.

Wado

Old 04-11-2009, 03:10 PM

I should have mentioned one other thing.......women traditionally do something that I cannot do, have never done, and will never do..........

I cannot clean a house or put up with small children. I would rather fight and hunt than try.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:45 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times

YouTube - Chris Botti - Easter parade

Old 04-12-2009, 05:19 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,381 times
Goodpasture, Yep, I'm a daughter. I thank you for your kind words. I can only hope my deeds had a positive impact on this world, and someone can have a better life because of them. I think specifically of the children I saw as I write this. Also, with two small boys running about the house, I sometimes longed for the order of life in the barracks.
Ptsum, If I have not done so before, Thanks for your service from a sister.
Effie, There is no way to tell you why we did what we did, only to say that being a role model never had anything to do with it.

Last edited by masonsdaughter; 04-12-2009 at 05:48 AM..

Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
............ Also, with two small boys running about the house.............
You ARE a warrior........that is a tough assignment..........

Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,381 times
yes, it was, but the results were well worth it. However, I have informed them that if any grandkids are in the future, I want 6 months prior knowledge because I'm moving to Australia and will send them a round trip plane ticket for two weeks every year. If twins are in the picture, I'm on the first shuttle to the moon. I'm getting old and need my rest.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:47 AM

I like your attitude......one thing I have learned over the years is that one should not fight every battle that comes down the road. Pick the ones you can win and that will provide you gain. The rest, run from.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I like your attitude......one thing I have learned over the years is that one should not fight every battle that comes down the road. Pick the ones you can win and that will provide you gain. The rest, run from.
Exactly.

"You may win a thousand battles. But you can lose only one." - Zaknafein, weapon master of House Do`Urden, Dark Elf Trilogy, by R.A. Salvatore.

Old 04-13-2009, 01:43 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Quote:
Goodpasture, Yep, I'm a daughter. I thank you for your kind words. I can only hope my deeds had a positive impact on this world, and someone can have a better life because of them. I think specifically of the children I saw as I write this. Also, with two small boys running about the house, I sometimes longed for the order of life in the barracks.
Ptsum, If I have not done so before, Thanks for your service from a sister.
Effie, There is no way to tell you why we did what we did, only to say that being a role model never had anything to do with it.

It was pride of duty, that's the only explanation for it and the only one necessary and I thank you little sister, you are indeed a warrior in more ways than you may imagine. During my time of service I saw many women served in many different positions throughout the military and I would be proud anytime to call them one of my comrades in arms. I did two tours of duty in Vietnam, I am a former Navy Seal and was involved in many operations where the end result was the taking of a life, I have seen many conflicts and like brother Goodpaster, I am an old warrior that now only wishes to live in peace and harmony, I have walked down the Warriors Path because it was one that I had to take at that time, which leads me to where I am now. It is how we learn, there are certain paths that we must go down throughout our Earthwalk to get us to where we are in this time.osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality