Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times

Advertisements

I can't offer you prayers but my thoughts are with you and the most positive vibes this Atheist can send you are on their way through cyberspace to you both.

I had Leukaemia for over 10 years so I understand the Journey through fear and illness . It is a difficult and treacherous path and a little hairy at times but hopefully one which can be negotiated without too many stumbles . Even now after over 10 years of being "clear" I still fear any routine blood -tests .

Ptsum take very , very good care and I hope your operation will go very, very smoothly. When you get out of the Hospital please do take really good care, rest and allow your body to recover fully after the shock to your system. Having had many surgical interventions, trust me the recovery process is almost as important as the surgery. No climbing trees and leaping over fences for a while !

And SongintheWind, cross fingers, touch wood your lump will turn out to be benign as most lumps are but if not then do give your Body the best fighting chance it can and look after yourself physically and mentally.

Breast Cancer is no longer the death sentence it used to be and success rates are increasing by the day with medical advances in treatment. As you have never had any medical issues before your body should be strong and healthy enough to give you all the best chances. Cancer is such a scary and emotive word, but it is so important to remember not to let it dominate you.

If cancer it is then you shall fight it. And you shall win. I used to visualise mine as all the people in my life who made me really angry, all the rage and frustration of life, this big great hideous evil thing and used to pulverise it and beat it to a pulp in my head.

All your friends on this forum will be thinking about you both though, Prayers and thoughts coming your way and friends and relatives will see you through. Isolation and lonelines IMO are the worst things especially when one feels a little scared and under the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
My prayers are with you today, Ptsum..I have a strong feeling that your walk here is nowhere near the end..

Old 01-23-2010, 05:32 AM

444 posts, read 1,211,754 times
I am praying for your swift recovery Ptsum, I know things will come out alright, you are loved
Songinthewind, it too shall be alright, and pass if you have faith, it is fear that kills, and goodpasture is right, humor is highly nessesary to rid the body of fear effects... "No need to fear, underdog is here!" lol keep smiling and moving forward, and in your heads...preplan your outcomes, and it shall be as you wish.
I wrote another poem;

Thy Keep

Ma tyme on earth
be nai de sleep,
If God were not
within thy Keep

Thy Keep itself
thine heart retreat
A greater gift
ye wunna meet

All that matters
comes from there
Tis the gift
ye must dae share

Now I lay me
down to sleep
I pray the Lord
my soul Thy Keep

1/21/10 KM

Love and hugs,
OA *** ^*^

Old 01-23-2010, 07:52 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,381 times
I will be praying for both of you, Ptsum and Songinthewind. Beautiful poem, OrionsAngel. May peace be with the circle in this new year, as it has been in the past.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:51 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I would prefer one of your lip smackingly gorgeous Hot Chocolate if you don't mind !

Hello everyone ! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the Winter. Even here in Old Blighty it is quite cold and much snow has fallen ( for us ) in the last 3 weeks .

Everything looks very beautiful. Snow somehow seems to hush all sounds and I love it. Everything seems to go at a slower pace and despite the Snow causing a few headaches in terms of infrastructure it is so nice to see people playing outside like kids again ! And kids going down hills on luges instead of being cooped up indoors playing video games...

Yesterday three Policemen were reprimanded by their boss in Oxford for sliding down a Snowy hill on a riot shield. I thought it was rather sweet myself and made a Profession which can be intimidating very human myself. Part of the community. The locals loved it !

Time to recharge my "batteries" and warm myself by the Sacred Fire. Always lovely to see you all gathered here. It warms the cockles of my heart and gives me a little much needed stress relief...

Hold the marshmallows for me GoodPasture but extra chocolatey please ! I'll bring the cookies ....
I would have loved to have seen the Policemen sliding down the hill on a riot shield! It's a shame they were reprimanded. Perhaps the boss could use a trip or two down the hill on a shield to loosen up.

Blessings,
pnc

Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM

Songinthewind and ptsum, I'll light a healing candle for both of you. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything will be okay.

Many blessings,
pnc

Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 AM

444 posts, read 1,211,754 times
That was a most gorgeous full moon last night, WOW.. A friend told me I should go on an airplane flight in the night of a full moon, it is wonderous! I used to cross country ski on those January full moon nights, or snowmobile, I am too old for that now, lol... Have a nice day folks!
*** ^*^

Old 01-30-2010, 09:02 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
The full moon last night is known as the Wolf Moon and according to the old Farmer's Almanac, amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus the name for the January's full moon, and is also believed to be the largest full moon of the year.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:32 AM

I'm hoping it will be clear enough for me to see the remainder of it tonight. I think it will still be full enough, even though it won't be as spectacular as it was Friday night. It was raining Friday night very cloudy here last night. I used to love the way the January full moon looked on the fresh snow when I lived in Kentucky.

I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday <passing around some hot chocolate, coffee, and muffins>

Blessings,
pnc

Old 01-31-2010, 08:22 AM

896 posts, read 1,864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
I would have loved to have seen the Policemen sliding down the hill on a riot shield! It's a shame they were reprimanded. Perhaps the boss could use a trip or two down the hill on a shield to loosen up.

Blessings,
pnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTPVXvYUIA

Friendly greetings to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality