Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times

Advertisements

Today is a good day, today I sit here in silence and listen to all of the sounds of all of the different creatures around me. I sit and contemplate the mysteries of the universe and of our place within it and I am humbled by the wisdom of my Creator for allowing me to exist in such a place, for it is truly astounding.

Oh Great Spirit of our Ancestors, I raise my pipe to you. To your messengers of the four winds, and to Mother Earth who provides for your children. Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, and to be kind to each other so that they may grow with peace of mind. Let us learn to share all good things that you provide for us on this Earth. osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 10:17 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Amen (so be it)..Beautiful prayer..

Old 06-13-2008, 03:12 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,847 times
I would be honored to join this circle (if you would have me).

Namaste,

XP

Old 06-13-2008, 03:24 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post

Namaste,

XP
Why yes do come in, I can speak with confidence that everyone here is happy to have you here. Lets become really wealthy together

Old 06-13-2008, 03:31 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:

Namaste,

XP
Of course! Coos is right we are happy to have you here. But I'm still waiting to become wealthy

Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:

Namaste,

XP
Xpat welcome, tell us a little bit about your native country Italy and yourself, were all here to learn.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Of course! Coos is right we are happy to have you here. But I'm still waiting to become wealthy
Hehe well the funds in my bank haven't gone up either but If you'll excuse the obvious life lesson:

Who are the wealthiest people? Bill Gates? Paul Allen? Queen Elizabeth? Nah.
Which is worth more?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Banknotes.jpg/800px-Banknotes.jpg (broken link)

or

(damn I had really short hair back then)

Being in this circle, this haven, where all views are right with no ideologies to separate people makes it easier for people's hearts to speak more clearly.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Yes coos, there are things more important than money! So which one are you in that picture?

Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Today is a good day, today I sit here in silence and listen to all of the sounds of all of the different creatures around me. I sit and contemplate the mysteries of the universe and of our place within it and I am humbled by the wisdom of my Creator for allowing me to exist in such a place, for it is truly astounding.

Oh Great Spirit of our Ancestors, I raise my pipe to you. To your messengers of the four winds, and to Mother Earth who provides for your children. Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, and to be kind to each other so that they may grow with peace of mind. Let us learn to share all good things that you provide for us on this Earth. osay
I start each and every day listening to the bird song and woodpecker's drumming and watching the squirrel, jays and sometimes a hen turkey partake of the grains and peanuts I put out the night before. The crows fly overhead, and call to me....and I greet them "Good Morning Calas or Good Morning Crow. (calas is crow in Japanese)

As you say in your prayer.....we are truly blessed; "ita daki mas" a grace acknowledging that many have sacrificed for us and that we need to acknowledge that we receive so much that is freely given.

Blessings to all who come into the circle.....blessings also to all those who are not here.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:19 PM

I'm the one in the red shirt. Now that I look at it, my 15th b-day party seems like a politically correct meeting. Lets see we have 2 Latinos, 2 Philipinos, 2 Britons, a guy from Packistan, 1 from Bahrain and 2 from Albania(twins)......only in the uk are your best friends likely to come from anywhere and everywhere in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality