Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 09:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Welcome, Nighteyes! What a beautiful post! Thank you so much for introducing yourself! I'm not really much of a believer myself - I call myself a Heatherist (because my name is Heather). What I believe changes from day to day, year to year. But I agree that what matters is how we live our lives. I try to live with love, understanding, kindness, and humor! I don't always succeed - but I'm always trying!
I haven't been in the circle for long - but it has already helped me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM

3,488 posts, read 6,507,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I try to live with love, understanding, kindness, and humor! I don't always succeed - but I'm always trying!
One of my favorite tee-shirts has a quote from the Dalai Lama: My religion is kindness. Four simple words, yet what they express is extremely powerful.

Wouldn't it be great if more people practiced that?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The journey of life is but a pathway to the knowledge that we obtained and in doing so it is incumbent upon us to pass that knowledge on to the future generations.osay
Thank you for those words. It is also important, I think, to remember that there are many, many pathways to the same destination, and each of us must find and walk his or her own. Some pathways are smooth and easy, others are rough and rocky. Some are straight, others are twisty-turny. Pathways often intersect; they may merge and run together for a while, then separate again.

As you said, brother, one of our sacred challenges is to help others along their journeys, to provide assistance if possible, and encouragement always.

Chi pisala chumi (loose translation, "Until I see you again")
-- Nighteyes

Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM

764 posts, read 1,421,035 times
Welcome Nighteyesl... what a wonderful post! This is probably my favorite thread on the CD forums - I come and sit and listen to the wisdom shared here. It's a nice way for me to renew my spirit. I hope you find this circle rewarding as well.

Blessings,
pnc

Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Nighteyes: Welcome to the circle. That was indeed a lovely post. I suppose my Creator would be the Big Bang by your definitions, but the wonder of it all is still just as entrancing.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:50 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Default NAMASTE Nighteyes

I step into the sacred circle to wecome Nighteyes....first, thank you--no sooner do you arrive, and you teach me something--so, appropriately...NAMASTE.

"Goodpasture" became "Goodadvice" for you when he told you about this circle...for "a very good place to be", it certainly is.

Sometimes life can be a steep uphill climb...and when you need rejuvenation, uplifting, sanctuary, or just to see people in peaceful fellowship...this a wonderful place to come. MOF, it's wonderful anytime. Even if you just link-in and stand outside the circle and listen...like I did dozens of times before I entered...it always has positive energy radiating from it...like a cool breeze on a hot day.

I really liked your post...it put forth a very good vibe...looking forward to more.

Blessings and well being to ALL.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I suppose my Creator would be the Big Bang by your definitions, but the wonder of it all is still just as entrancing.
Thanks. I used the term precisely for you, though I suppose "the Divine in each of us" might have done as well. Yes, the wonder of Life and the Universe are entrancing.

Namaste.

Last edited by Nighteyes; 07-29-2010 at 08:52 AM..

Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
--no sooner do you arrive, and you teach me something--so, appropriately...NAMASTE.
I'm glad you like it. I learned of the second meaning from my wife's circle of friends, who all happen to practice Yoga. I thought it was extremely appropriate here in the Circle.

I look forward to more conversations.

-- Nighteyes

Old 07-29-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
- I come and sit and listen to the wisdom shared here. It's a nice way for me to renew my spirit.
And that's exactly what I need. Thank you.

-- Nighteyes

Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Osayo Nighteyes, it is indeed good to have you come and sit with us and I'm sure that we can all learn from your knowledge and experiences also, many times I will sit here and read and listen and enjoy the company of others and there is much wisdom in this sacred circle and it is good that we can all sit as one. So it is good to see this sacred circle grow.osay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality