Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 10:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,110,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
My son called this morning and I got corrected.....8 pounds.........guess I was tired, sleepy and just worn out last night.............
That's more like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 11:05 PM

20 posts, read 24,209 times
Good Pasture- Congratulations on your Beautiful 8lb. grandson- I know you are so very happy and proud! Best wishes to all your family.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 PM

63,488 posts, read 39,783,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
My son called this morning and I got corrected.....8 pounds.........guess I was tired, sleepy and just worn out last night.............
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That's more like it!
Yes . . . I was feeling so sorry for the mother with the first estimate. Congratulations, Gramps . . . and all the best to your wonderful family.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,108,503 times
Congratuations, Goodpasture.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,100,394 times
Oh - I really need this circle today! Someone has actually made me cry on this forum - and not good crying. I don't mind good crying!
I just want you all to know how amazing you all are! All different people with all different beliefs coming together in peace and respect. It's like a little utopia! I love you all!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,630,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh - I really need this circle today! Someone has actually made me cry on this forum - and not good crying. I don't mind good crying!
I just want you all to know how amazing you all are! All different people with all different beliefs coming together in peace and respect. It's like a little utopia! I love you all!
Dewdrop, sometimes the things we say are misunderstood even if we do have good intentions in what we're saying, times like that it's best to step back, take a deep breath and regroup. There are those that will not be as open-minded as others are, it does not mean that they are not learned it means they choose not to learn. Pick and choose your battles carefully and know when to step back, pick and choose your words wisely, to know when not to offend.osay

Old 08-27-2010, 02:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,447,316 times
Dewdrop, there are many different personalities in any group of people as large as these forums..Some are able to debate respectfully and get their point across and hear the other persons with no animosity..These seem to be the people who are able to understand that they have to choose their words very carefully because the other people cannot hear the tone, inflection, or see his body language..You almost have to be here for awhile to "know" who you can debate respectfully with and who you need to pass on.

Some of us came here to these forums for a friendly get together of learning and sharing our worldviews with people of other cultures..Others for their own reasons that I cannot understand. and do my best to remain respectful to.

Like you and some other posters this circle has been my refuge.. And I can say "we love you too" without anyone putting me down

Old 08-27-2010, 02:16 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,832,467 times
I don't mind. It's the science factor basing on the values of getting on from the standpoint of ordinary time independence and sensibility. But to make use of your knowledge on a direct reference for the values you believe in demands trust just like this now.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:36 PM

3,484 posts, read 6,491,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
And I can say "we love you too" without anyone putting me down
Yup. I am saddened to learn of your experience and resulting pain. Know that you are loved, respected and welcomed here any time.

-- Nighteyes

Old 08-27-2010, 07:45 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,618,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Awwwww...Dewdrop....I'm so sorry to hear that you were sad.

Hey...don't let it get ya down. You are so Blessed...You have so many wonderful things in your life that it would take an hour to list them all.

So...just purge that negative vibe, and contemplate on the good. Take ptsums advice and breath deep. You are gonna be just fine.

I'm sending you my very best thoughts. Peace & Luv to ya!

Isn't this circle the coolest? ptsum sure did create something wonderful here. A place where peace, love, tolerance, and respect abound. A true sanctuary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality