Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
The promised the Creator gives us, Comes with every new day, The gift of breath, the gift of life, Opportunities in a vast array. How do we count our blessings? Through the choices life can bring? Is it through joyful lessons, or the fears to which we cling? Are we learning to show gratitude, for the victories over human pain? By honoring the feeling choices, with no need to defend? Acknowledging joy and sorrow, without judging foe or friend? Tomorrow promises the fullness of every human way to know: how we master each challenge determines our balance, reflecting how we grow.

Saturday, June 21,2008 is the summer solstice, the longest day.
Keep up the wisdom coming friend, it's great that this thread continues being alive and going, good vibes forever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 03:31 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times

YouTube - Cherokee Morning Song (A beautiful Native American song)

On Saturday morning, June 21st, we celebrate the summer solstice, here is a morning song for the sunrise...

Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
Quote:

YouTube - Cherokee Morning Song (A beautiful Native American song)

On Saturday morning, June 21st, we celebrate the summer solstice, here is a morning song for the sunrise...
thats lovely. Not sure about there but here the summer solstice is insane, we are so far north that its like 20 hours of daylight that day.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:04 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Some of the things y'all are saying on here sound really bizzare. I'm all for getting along with each other in this world, but as a follower of Christ, coming together in a "circle" of love sounds too new-age to me.

I'll stick with meditating on God's word as well!

Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Some of the things y'all are saying on here sound really bizzare. I'm all for getting along with each other in this world, but as a follower of Christ, coming together in a "circle" of love sounds too new-age to me.

I'll stick with meditating on God's word as well!
UNT_Eagle, there is nothing new age about a circle, people have been coming together in circles for countless ages, when you come together in a circle no one's belief or religion or culture is above another, we are all equal, every religion, belief,or culture has the right to be heard and respected without being judgmental, that's why we come together in a circle because we do respect one another.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:27 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,633 times
Quote:
UNT_Eagle, there is nothing new age about a circle, people have been coming together in circles for countless ages, when you come together in a circle no one's belief or religion or culture is above another, we are all equal, every religion, belief,or culture has the right to be heard and respected without being judgmental, that's why we come together in a circle because we do respect one another.
I'm all for respect..

Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
I'm all for respect..
Me too. I think that's why this circle is so important. No one is debating or fighting. You can express how you believe and no one is going say "prove it". I am also a Christian and a follower of Christ and I think the circle is a great place.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:39 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
I come here because a circle suits me better than a closed box..A circle allows me to see and touch everyone and see Gods a very clearly..A box is crowded and the light of Gods magnificent, unconditional love is very dim..in the box..

Old 06-21-2008, 04:40 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
"They drew a circle to shut me out;
Heritic, rebel, a thing to flout;
But Love and I had a will to win;
We drew a circle that took them in."

Old 06-21-2008, 02:42 PM

The Tsalagi Way of the Circle.
When you first arise in the morning, give thanks to the Creator, to the four directions, to Mother Earth, the Father Sky, and to all our relations, for the life within you and for all life around you.

Seek harmony and balance in all things. It is always important to remember where you are in relation to everything else and to contribute to the Circle in whatever way you can, by being a "helper" and protector of life. Sharing is the best part of receiving.

Be aware of what is around you, what is inside of you, treat every person from the tiniest child to the oldest elder with respect. Always give a sign of greeting when passing a friend or stranger. Never criticize or talk about someone in a harmful, neglectful way.

Never touch something that belongs to someone else without permission. Respect the privacy of every person, make sure to never intrude, upon someone's quiet moments or personal space. Never interfered in the affairs of another by asking questions or offering advice. Never interrupt others. In another person's home, follow his or her customs rather than your own. Treat with respect all things held sacred to others, whether you understand these things are not.

Treat Earth as your mother; give to her, protect her, honor her, show deep respect for those in the animal world, plant world,and mineral world.
Listen to guidance offered by all of your surroundings; expect this guidance to come in the form of prayer, dreams,quiet solitude, and in the words and deeds of wise Elders, and friends. Listen to your heart. Learn from your experiences, and always be open to new ones, always remember that a smile is something sacred, to be shared. Live each day as it comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality