Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 04:39 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times

Advertisements

sorry I haven't been in the circle in a while. Ptsum, here in the circle we share your loss, and in the sharing, hopefully, make the burden lighter. It is good to celebrate a life, but you still miss the one who goes on.
Goodpasture, I will be sending good thoughts your way.
I would like to share something I recently learned. Life's experiences are the soul's way to grow and evolve. It is not what happens in this life that counts, but the way you handle it. I have always found that when you start working your way through whatever problems you have, things may not turn out the way you want them to, but when you are able to get past them and look back objectively, you can see where it was for the best. I offer prayers for all and a circle hug to all on this day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Hi masonsdaughter. Welcome back, we have missed you.

You are so right about how we handle problems..I know from experience that if we face our problems and work through them that the experience makes us stronger and on down the line when we look back at that time we will thank God/ Creator for the lessons learned or the changes for the better that came from it.

My path home has been made a bit straighter and less bumpy because of bad life experiences..I still trip on the obstacles here and there but now accept His hand in helping me back up..

Old 10-17-2010, 08:11 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,669 times
Thanks, Miss Blue. I sit in the circle often but sometimes silently. If we didn't trip, how would we ever learn anything new? One of the great things about the life experiences is when we find out that we don't have to do it alone.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:30 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
sorry I haven't been in the circle in a while. Ptsum, here in the circle we share your loss, and in the sharing, hopefully, make the burden lighter. It is good to celebrate a life, but you still miss the one who goes on.
Goodpasture, I will be sending good thoughts your way.
I would like to share something I recently learned. Life's experiences are the soul's way to grow and evolve. It is not what happens in this life that counts, but the way you handle it. I have always found that when you start working your way through whatever problems you have, things may not turn out the way you want them to, but when you are able to get past them and look back objectively, you can see where it was for the best. I offer prayers for all and a circle hug to all on this day.

Thank you for the circle hug. I have found the road bumpy as I struggle to take on a history that for me causes me so much pain still. To explain to my children so they will understand.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
Osiyo,

I'd like to come sit in the sacred circle for awhile. Osada. Apologies for never noticing it earlier. I am Tsalagi as well. Or a halfbreed at least. I've really never ventured into the religion forum as its something I tend not to want to delve into discussion about since all my life I have thought much the opposite of the people I have been surrounded by. I grew up and now moved back to one of the most oppressing areas in the country so I've become real good at keeping it inside. I also don't get involved in too many native things or honestly for that matter white things because I'm rejected by both sides. Just meandering through life on my own.

My condolences on the passing of your grandson.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:29 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
.......... I grew up and now moved back to one of the most oppressing areas in the country so I've become real good at keeping it inside. ............
Osayo..........good for you to join us here. So what part of Oklahoma (the most oppressing areas.......) are you in?

Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Osayo..........good for you to join us here. So what part of Oklahoma (the most oppressing areas.......) are you in?
Not all Tsalagi are from Oklahoma. I was at least fortunate enough to be born in the Smoky Mountains and now live nearby in eastern TN. My mother's people are from Qualla and Snowbird area.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:42 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
tsi-lu-gi u-do..

Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
Not all Tsalagi are from Oklahoma. I was at least fortunate enough to be born in the Smoky Mountains and now live nearby in eastern TN. My mother's people are from Qualla and Snowbird area.
I know......but you mentioned an oppressive area and I just assumed you were from here............

Old 10-17-2010, 09:26 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
[quote=Jazzymom;16292142]Thank you for the circle hug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality