Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Very insightful post my Friend,

It takes much wisdom to be silent. Very often silence is the best gift a person can give. Silence can be very wise and healing, often stronger than words.
We have a prayer among my people that goes like this;

O' Great Spirit, help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence....

Clintone, welcome and it is good to have you sit among us..osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:56 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
We have a prayer among my people that goes like this;

O' Great Spirit, help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence....

Clintone, welcome and it is good to have you sit among us..osay
Thank you for your welcome, ptsum.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 AM

444 posts, read 1,211,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I doubt very much you have 3 heads, green skin and live by assimilating energy through osmosis. You are stuck with being Human like the rest of us. those who actually care about each of us, sees past our individual failures, of which we all have many.

Accept the fact you are human, those of us who are concerned about you, as a person need, no apologies or explanations of any short comings as we each have the same ones and possibly more. We all have our demons to face and seek the strength to defeat them.

We all are very ignorant creatures, but we each have the gift of learning. Look upon each person you cross paths with as a gift that leaves with you a tiny bit of what they know. We all learn something from every person we meet.

You seem to be on the right path as you have done something many people never do and that is recognizing you have short comings. In my humble opinion that places you in front of many people I can think of.
I always thought we humans all put our pants on the same way, one leg at a time, but no, that's not the case, LOL I love to learn! You make me feel better and I thank you for that.
I had a nice weekend at an event in my home town called Whittle the Wood, a carving competition held yearly, and a concert to enjoy after the event. This year as every year, the carvings are more and more refined, so when you tour the Park or around the town to see the older ones, you see the newer ones in a new light, as they learn the new techniques and new tools evolve. I loved the one called "Guardian of the Forest", a young carver, but a good one. The pictures should be on the website whittle the wood, or KRAI.com that is the local radio station site, I have not seen them yet online. I took some shots of the carvings yesterday before I left for home, once I download them maybe I can post one.
The main reason I wanted to go to the event was to take my best friend I had through school to have a good time, she had colon cancer and had surgery for it then she got lung cancer and is having to endure chemo therapy. We got up and danced at the concert played by "Alter Eagles", and they were great! They did not miss a beat of the drum or a note on time, and felt as if we were standing in front of the Old Eagles Band, what a treat, we stood there at the front stage and danced and enjoyed the tunes and good friends around us. Life is good. I went out to the sandwash again afterward to camp,but the wind and heat ran me off, but I still loved being out there. I came back to town and met the carvers who won the competition, the guys from Africa that live in Boulder, Bongo and Blakka, I had to congratulate them and we talked for 3 hours about our cultures. I learned cool things about the customs and traditions of the tribes. They both were from different places, and they said there were many in a group but they all share everything, and speak different languages in their towns or villages. They taught me how they are named, and what that means to them. The last name is an animal, certain animals cannot be togather, for example the Bear cant marry the bird, the bear would eat the bird, so you marry one compatable to the animal, if you have the same last name animal, you are related and you do not marry. They told me of the struggles they faced in their lives in Africa and how they feel to live in America, they left wives and children behind and come to make enough money to send home to support them. Awesome people! I had a hard time listening to their accents, and I am sure they had a hard time understanding mine, I gave them a lesson in redneck speak. I know there are many opinions of the word redneck, and mine just means the sun shines on our necks here and we are always outside in it, I explained that they were heading to Utah for the next competition and they were going to have a new kind of redneck we call roughneck, guys who work the oil rigs, they have similar customs but they are different from our customs and they are only just over a hundred miles west. It was good to be in the circle with them. The next morning I woke up thinking what my identifying name is based on how I fit into the circle of life, I thought the idea through, I am Karen of the rain. Rain is lifeblood of all things on earth, and I am not "the rain"itself, that I am one of many raindrops that it takes to nurish the earth. They liked that thought. Once I settle in today and download my photos, I will come back and share them. Tis nice to be still, and be as one.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:55 AM

Guardian of the forest (backside)Frontside, sorry the sun prevented a good shot of the front.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 AM

Competition winner by Bongo and Blakka. "did the bird get away?"

Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM

This one was so creepy but so good!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Very Nice carvings. Wood is a wonderful material to work with as it carries with it it's own beauty. The Grain of each piece very much carries it's own story. A good wood-carver reads that story.

It is good to hear you enjoyed yourself,Thank you for sharing.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Ptsum, and others with constructive input.

I have a spiritual situation I need some discussion and advice on.

A young couple has been taking care of a two year old nephew. Along with the child there is a malevolent spirit that needs to be exorcised. Apparently the entry for the spirit is through the parents which pretty much nullifies the influence of the caregivers.

What I need insight on is the traditions that might assist. The caregivers are Keetoowah....................I know the Christian tradition of handling such things, but I am not in the chain of authority thus have no standing. I thought maybe there was a tsa la ghi aspect that I wasn't aware of.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Ptsum, and others with constructive input.

I have a spiritual situation I need some discussion and advice on.

A young couple has been taking care of a two year old nephew. Along with the child there is a malevolent spirit that needs to be exorcised. Apparently the entry for the spirit is through the parents which pretty much nullifies the influence of the caregivers.

What I need insight on is the traditions that might assist. The caregivers are Keetoowah....................I know the Christian tradition of handling such things, but I am not in the chain of authority thus have no standing. I thought maybe there was a tsa la ghi aspect that I wasn't aware of.

Good talking with you, keep me apprised...

Old 06-24-2012, 06:10 PM

I recently came across a good explanation about Warriors from Sitting Bull.

Warriors are not what you think of as warriors. The warrior is not someone who fights, because no one has to right to take another life. The warrior, for us, is one who sacrifices himself for the good of others. His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless, those who cannot provide for themselves, and above all the children, the future of humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality