Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 02:11 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Please feel free to help yourself to as much ND weather you desire.

If you don't see any you want, wait a few minutes it will change

Phhhffftt... your in a warm spell!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stettler weather.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	136104
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 05:31 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
Quote:
If you don't see any you want, wait a few minutes it will change
We used to say that about Mobile AL weather -- and it was TRUE! More than once we had clear-sky thunder and rain. Go figure...

The National Weather Service issued an extreme heat warning for our area around 2PM local time for heat-indexes approaching 110 degrees. More-of-same expected through Tuesday.

We're really glad our air-conditioning works.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:54 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
We used to say that about Mobile AL weather -- and it was TRUE! More than once we had clear-sky thunder and rain. Go figure...

The National Weather Service issued an extreme heat warning for our area around 2PM local time for heat-indexes approaching 110 degrees. More-of-same expected through Tuesday.

We're really glad our air-conditioning works.
Tonight I am real happy our heater is working. I am not ready to start the pellet furnace. Until the temps get down to the teens otherwise it over heats the house even on the lowest setting.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:13 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
Quote:
Tonight I am real happy our heater is working. I am not ready to start the pellet furnace. Until the temps get down to the teens otherwise it over heats the house even on the lowest setting.
The truly fascinating thing is that, in the first hour after sunrise and the last hour before sunset, the temps are in the mid-70's. Its really comfortable outside.

Woodrow, perhaps we need to create a system of cyber-ducts to send you some of our daytime heat in exchange for some of your nighttime cool.

Old 09-14-2014, 10:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
The truly fascinating thing is that, in the first hour after sunrise and the last hour before sunset, the temps are in the mid-70's. Its really comfortable outside.

Woodrow, perhaps we need to create a system of cyber-ducts to send you some of our daytime heat in exchange for some of your nighttime cool.
We could get rich selling hot or cold air to individual house.

Brilliant idea we could have ducts running like electric or phone lines. I figure with a few billion dollars start-up capital we could get this going.

I have 19 Cents and an old RC bottle cap to kick in.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:55 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
right now our temperature is about 65, earlier this morning we had a temperature of about 41, looks like we're going to get an early autumn, some of the leaves are turning on the trees and I've got some firewood all split ready, somebody in the area had a fire in a fireplace last night, could smell the wood smoke in the air this morning, a little fog came over the mountain this morning and made its way down through the valley, it was a good morning to sit out on the front porch with a cup of hot coffee and enjoy all the sounds.the pictures below are of the log cabin home that I live in here in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, these are some of the views that I see in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-cabin-staining-008.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-cabin-staining-002.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-cabin-staining-007.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-cabin-staining-009.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-cabin-staining-010.jpg  

Old 09-14-2014, 12:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Looks like a nice area, ptsum.

I've been predicting an early fall/winter for a couple of months now. Grasshoppers were showing up around here in early July, whereas normally they don't appear 'til August. The leaves have been changing since August and the dragonflies have been scarce since then as well.

If the deer start showing up in the next couple of weeks, I'll know we're in for another long, tough winter.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:17 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Looks like a nice area, ptsum.

I've been predicting an early fall/winter for a couple of months now. Grasshoppers were showing up around here in early July, whereas normally they don't appear 'til August. The leaves have been changing since August and the dragonflies have been scarce since then as well.

If the deer start showing up in the next couple of weeks, I'll know we're in for another long, tough winter.

The good thing about a tough long winter is that spring will have plenty of water.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:38 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
I grew up as a youngster in love with nature. Probably half my life has been in the wilderness. I can sit for hours watching crayfish in a clear sandstone stream. I once wheelbarreled an armidillo. Raised a screech owl. Climbed fifty foot trees and jumped into five foot of water. Guess you could say i am a bit reckless. Once during a flood I jumped into a waterfall. And spun until i was spit out. My favorite is the tarantula. Spiders and i, as most animals, are very comfortable with each other. Have you ever noticed how lizards and birds show the same affectionate head bob?
Right now is the time to watch the dragon fly dog fights. When you see them in a group they are feeding. Watch closely and you will see them snatch small flies hatching and flying up from the grass. There might even be multiple species at different alttitudes.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:37 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Awesome

How Wolves Change Rivers - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality