Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 02:46 PM

414 posts, read 776,986 times

Advertisements

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Cykoria_podroznik_pokroj.jpg

Tangents in formation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 09:04 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
On this the first full day of Hanukah,Chanukah, to our Jewish friends I wish to extend to you the happiness of your Festival of Lights, shalom and osay.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:23 AM

174 posts, read 570,406 times
Oh my. I appear to be extremely late to Circle. I hope nobody notices if I just slip in the back here. What a lovely Solstice surprise to find you all.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchseavey View Post
Oh my. I appear to be extremely late to Circle. I hope nobody notices if I just slip in the back here. What a lovely Solstice surprise to find you all.
witchseavey, one is never late to the sacred circle and one is always welcome to come and sit and enjoy the company of others, so welcome.osay

Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
What is a sacred circle??

Old 12-22-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.
Capt. Dan asked the question as to what is the sacred circle, I bring this post forward so that all can read and I hope to answer Capt. Dan's question.osay

Old 12-22-2008, 11:48 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Capt. Dan asked the question as to what is the sacred circle, I bring this post forward so that all can read and I hope to answer Capt. Dan's question.osay
A most excellant idea my brother!!

Old 12-23-2008, 06:31 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,640 times
Quote:

...all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside ...

ptsum, I was just rereading your OP. These words stood out. Wouldn't it be nice if this is how it was no matter where we were?

Today I will sit inside the circle and reflect on that.

<><

Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 AM

356 posts, read 1,129,238 times
Today I apprehensively enter the circle I have followed from outside. I bring with me the love I have for my friend who is dying of cancer and the grace with which he is preparing to leave this earth. I am humbled to continue on my journey for now, and pray that the peace I read from people here will help to heal the pain and heartache that comes with the love we experience. My heart is open.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:19 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
Today I apprehensively enter the circle I have followed from outside. I bring with me the love I have for my friend who is dying of cancer and the grace with which he is preparing to leave this earth. I am humbled to continue on my journey for now, and pray that the peace I read from people here will help to heal the pain and heartache that comes with the love we experience. My heart is open.
MTbound, my friend, welcome to the circle. I hope that you will find comfort here. It has become a place that I retreat to when I am feeling the weight of the world. You will find many friends here. I will pray for your friends peaceful transition.

Peace be with you, my friend.

<><
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality