Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2009, 02:02 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
moonsavvy, these chants and pictures are very beautiful and touching. i sincerely hope we can thus settle our differences. after all, friendship should find ways to overcome misunderstandings and misgivings.

My love to you.
But of course.

Thank you for your love and much love back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 05:57 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,424 times
SongintheWind, your name appeared before my eyes on waking up this morning..

i would like to bring re-enchantment to the Sacred Circle

http://www.dramonline.org/albums/luc...lo-works/notes

There is a Great Spirit in Love and Wisdom.

Last edited by effie g-tad; 01-30-2009 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: confirmed by the need for a worldwide spiritually evolved PTA

Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,653,800 times
I sit in silence to recharge my spirit, I have traveled for a while outside the sacred circle and have engaged in conversations that sometimes could be very trying to one's spirit, I have learned and I have found it interesting beyond understanding as to how those of many different faiths cannot seem to get along in the real world, I believe it is just a matter of if we were to sit down and talk with one another instead of trying to change one another from one faith or religion to another, it would seem that no matter how much preaching one does, you're not going to change the other person's faith or belief, I believe it is just a matter of accepting that this cannot be done, but at the same time we must also remember that no one faith or religion is better than another, the ultimate goal is to try to do what is right in the eyes of others, how we treat one another speaks volumes of who we are and how we will be accepted in the next world and I believe that all faiths and religions and cultures teach us that in one form or another, these are things that we need to remember as we travel down our path in this lifetime. So I sit in silence to renew my spirit and to take in all that I have learned.osay

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,334,139 times
I think that if EVERYONE in the world sat within the sacred circle, there would be no war or hate and so many different opinions on all religions.
We would all be at peace.
My drumming within the circle is that of a heartbeat to bring calmness to all of us.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 AM

YouTube - Rumi: Say I Am You (Sufi poem)

I thought this was peaceful and wanted to contribute it to the circle.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 AM

YouTube - Heartbeat Drum Song - Native American

Such a sacred and pure sound, beautiful soul travelling song.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post

YouTube - Heartbeat Drum Song - Native American

Such a sacred and pure sound, beautiful soul travelling song.

moonsavvy, watch out! trainstation closed - Coyote ante portas!

Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,501 times
And for the Sacred Circle the computer harmonizes: the unity of chaos and balance. What did Empedocles call that?

Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
And for the Sacred Circle the computer harmonizes: the unity of chaos and balance. What did Empedocles call that?

Empedocles (http://history.hanover.edu/texts/presoc/emp.htm#Intro - broken link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empedocles#Love_and_Strife

Quick rep where due!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 02-05-2009 at 12:27 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I sit in silence to recharge my spirit, I have traveled for a while outside the sacred circle and have engaged in conversations that sometimes could be very trying to one's spirit, I have learned and I have found it interesting beyond understanding as to how those of many different faiths cannot seem to get along in the real world, I believe it is just a matter of if we were to sit down and talk with one another instead of trying to change one another from one faith or religion to another, it would seem that no matter how much preaching one does, you're not going to change the other person's faith or belief, I believe it is just a matter of accepting that this cannot be done, but at the same time we must also remember that no one faith or religion is better than another, the ultimate goal is to try to do what is right in the eyes of others, how we treat one another speaks volumes of who we are and how we will be accepted in the next world and I believe that all faiths and religions and cultures teach us that in one form or another, these are things that we need to remember as we travel down our path in this lifetime. So I sit in silence to renew my spirit and to take in all that I have learned.osay
It is my hope that we can learn to respect each other regardless of religious or spiritual beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality