Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,625,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Ptsum, A few days ago one of my Cheerokee Indian friend (who is a guide)asked if I was ready to take my first spiritual journey. I thought about it and I think I'm ready and so we've been discussing it. He has been gathering the willows and such to get prepared for it.

This morning I opened my door and saw a large 14 inch feather on the stoop of my doorstep. I was a little taken back by the size of the feather and it was the first thing I saw as I opened the door. I told my friend and he said that it was of great significance as well as an invitation from the other side for me to take my journey. He also said that it is rare to receive invitations like this. He also said that the placement of the feather means that my guides are waiting for me. I'm going to take the feather with me on my journey and braid it in my hair so it will be on my person. I was curious as to what you think of this. Thank you my friend.
moonsavvy, I think you are being honored, for now is definitely the time for your journey and your spirit guide has offered you the invitation and he is letting you know that he will be with you.It is indeed an honor to be invited in this way, go in peace and understanding and you'll return from your journey more enlightened in the ways of the Creator.osay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,409,118 times
my dear brothers and sisters, I request your permission to share an story and a song as well, both are gifts that make my soul vibrate with joy and I wanted to share them if you are interested.

peace like chicken grease

Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM

21,904 posts, read 19,046,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
There will come a day of awakening when all the peoples of all the tribes would form a New World of Justice, Peace, Freedom and recognition of the Great Spirit. These Warriors would give the people principles or rules to follow to make their path right with the world. They would show them that miracles can be accomplished to heal this world and its ills, and restore it to health and beauty. The day will come, it is not far away. The day that we shall see how we owe our very existence to the people of all Tribes that have maintained their culture and heritage.

It will be with this knowledge that we shall find our "Key to our Survival".
As humans we already have that available to us,
it is simply a matter of using it. It is not about race or culture. It is about picking up the tools we already have and using them.

There is nothing new that we have not already as humans been shown and told time and time again, it's just a matter of listening and responding.

Change happens one person at a time.
We change the world by changing ourselves.
That is all that is needed, and that's where it comes from, and that's where it happens. It is never "out there" it is only "in here" within each one of us.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:13 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,771,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
my dear brothers and sisters, I request your permission to share an story and a song as well, both are gifts that make my soul vibrate with joy and I wanted to share them if you are interested.

Yes....listening

Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,771,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
moonsavvy, I think you are being honored, for now is definitely the time for your journey and your spirit guide has offered you the invitation and he is letting you know that he will be with you.It is indeed an honor to be invited in this way, go in peace and understanding and you'll return from your journey more enlightened in the ways of the Creator.osay
Thank you, I have chills. I'm excited, nervous and a bit in disbelief. Why would I get this honor? I humbled by it and it's foreign and new, I just met my friend who is going to go with me to the sweat lodge, it's a very interesting time. I do feel ready though.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

Travelling fella, please do share your story and song,we wait to be enlightened.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:48 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,782,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post

Change happens one person at a time.
We change the world by changing ourselves.
That is all that is needed, and that's where it comes from, and that's where it happens. It is never "out there" it is only "in here" within each one of us.
That's the secret of Enlightenment and an understanding of where The Path leads.

All the rest is song and dance.

There isn't any thing wrong with putting on costumes and singing and dancing, but it becomes counterproductive when we try to convince others that it has deep meaning beyond the stage on which we present it.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,409,118 times
yay I hope it makes you feel as happy, peaceful and refreshed as it made me feel.

Kabe Ha'be Bolo (Vijñapti)
Spiritual Request
'When Will that Day be Mine?'

kabe ha'be bolo se-dina âmâr
When will that day be mine?

(âmâr) aparâdha ghuci', s'uddha nâme ruci,
With no offenses, and the taste increasing,

kripâ-bale ha'be hridoye sañcâr
when will your mercy shine in my heart?

trinâdhika hîna, kabe nije mâni',
Lower than a straw, tolerant as a tree,

sahishnutâ-guna hridoyete âni'
when do I attain that quality of mind?

sakale mânada, âpani amânî,
Respecting all, expecting no honor,

ho'ye âswâdibo nâma-rasa-sâr
nectar sublime tasting of the name.

dhana jana âra, kobitâ-sundarî
Wealth or followers, female beauty,

bolibo nâ câhi deho-sukha-kari
I do not care about or any comfort!

janme-janme dâo, ohe gaurahari!
Grant me life after life, o Lord Caitanya,

ahaitukî bhakti carane tomâr
devotion non-desiring at Your Lotusfeet.

(kabe) korite s'rî-krishna- nâma uccârana,
Uttering Krishna Krishna, with a voice choked up,

pulakita deho gadgada bacana
and the body thereto shivering.

vaibarnya-vepathu ha'be sanghatana,
When will I tremble, with a paling face,

nirantara netre ba'be as'ru-dhâr
and will streams of tears well from my eyes?

kabe navadwîpe, suradhunî-tate,
In Navadvîpa, at the shore of the Ganges

gaura-nityânanda boli' nishkapate
Cry out Gaura-Nitai, surrendered.

nâciyâ gâiyâ, bedâibo chute,
Dancing, singing, running all around,

bâtulera prâya châriyâ bicâr
when will I be half-mad in my mind?

kabe nityânanda, more kori' doyâ,
When will Nitai, be merciful to me,

châdâibe mora vishayera mâyâ
and will I discard the world called mâyâ?

diyâ more nija- caranera châyâ,
Place me in the shadow, of Your lotus feet,

nâmera hâtete dibe adhikâr
let the right to speak the name be all mine.

kinibo, luthibo, hari-nâma-rasa,
I'll fear nothing, for the nectar of the name,

nâma rase mâti' hoibo bibas'a
the effect of it for sure will astound me.

rasera rasika- caranera paras'a,
O enjoyer of the name, when will I touch them,

koriyâ mojibo rase anibâr
Your lotusfeet till the end of time

kabe jîbe doyâ, hoibe udoya,
When for all souls, appears compassion,

nija-sukha bhuli' sudina-hridoya
with a heart free of selfpity?
bhakativinoda, koriyâ-vinoya,
Bhaktivinod prays, I'll make a beginning,

s'rî-âjnâ-thahala koribe pracâr
with the preaching of Your sublime mission.

TRANSLATION
1)

When, oh when will that day be mine? When my offenses ceasing, taste for the name increasing, when in my heart will your mercy shine, when, oh when will that day be mine

2)

Lower than a blade of grass,more tolerant than a tree. When will my mind attain this quality? Respectful to all, not expecting their honor, then shall I taste the name's nectar sublime. When, oh when will that day be mine?

3)

Great wealth or followers, feminine beauty, I won't care for them or the comforts of my body. Birth after birth give me, Oh Lord Caitanya, causeless devotion to Your feet divine, when, oh when will that day be mine?

4)

When will I utter Krsna,Krsna, Krsna, with words choked up and shivering body? When will I be trembling all over, lose bodily color, tears pouring from my eyes, When, oh when will that day be mine?

5)

When in Navadvipa along the Ganges bank, shouting 'Gaura-Nityananda' as a surrendered soul, dancing, chanting, running everywhere, when will I become half mad of mind? When, oh when will that day be mine?

6)

When will Lord Nityananda show mercy upon me, when will I reject the world of Maya:' Bestow unto me the shade of Your lotus feet, let the right to preach the name be mine. When, oh when will that day be mine?

7)

I will beg, borrow, or steal the nectar of the name. By the name's effect I will feel paralyzed. Oh! Enjoyed of the nectar of the name, When will I touch your lotus feet till the end of time? When, oh when will that day be mine?

8)

When kindness to all beings will be appearing, with free heart forget myself comforting, Bhaktivinoda in all humility prays, "Now I will set out to preach Your order sublime." When, oh when will that day be mine?

My dear brothers and sisters, we might believe different things, and think different, but I love you all with all my heart!!!

Ptsum, thanks bro my most respectful reverence to your spirit!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 PM

Travelling fella, much respect and reverence to you, this has very deep and soulful meaning, and I thank you for sharing this with us.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:51 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,782,361 times
Here's one of my favorite stories:

I think of it an an Indian version of Plato's Cave.

Coyote was walking one day when he met Old Woman. She greeted him and asked where he was headed.
"Just roaming around," said Coyote.

"You better stop going that way, or you'll meet a giant who kills everybody."

"Oh, giants don't frighten me," said Coyote (who had never met one). "I always kill them. I'll fight this one too, and make an end of him."

"He's bigger and closer than you think," said Old Woman.

"I don't care," said Coyote, deciding that a giant would be about as big as a bull moose and calculating that he could kill one easily.

So Coyote said good-bye to Old Woman and went ahead, whistling a tune. On his way he saw a large fallen branch that looked like a club. Picking it up, he said to himself, "I'll hit the giant over the head with this. It's big enough and heavy enough to kill him." He walked on and came to a huge cave right in the middle of the path. Whistling merrily, he went in.

Suddenly Coyote met a woman who was crawling along on the ground.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"I'm starving," she said, "and too weak to walk. What are you doing with that stick?"

"I'm going to kill the giant with it," said Coyote, and he asked if she knew where he was hiding.

Feeble as she was, the woman laughed. "You're already in the giant's belly."

"How can I be in his belly?" asked Coyote. "I haven't even met him."

"You probably thought it was a cave when you walked into his mouth," the woman said, and sighed. "It's easy to walk in, but nobody ever walks out. This giant is so big you can't take him in with your eyes. His belly fills a whole valley."

Coyote threw his stick away and kept on walking. What else could he do?

Soon he came across some more people lying around half dead. "Are you sick?" he asked.

"No," they said, "just starving to death. We're trapped inside the giant."

"You're foolish," said Coyote. "If we're really inside this giant, then the cave walls must be the inside of his stomach. We can just cut some meat and fat from him."

"We never thought of that," they said.

"You're not as smart as I am," said Coyote.

Coyote took his hunting knife and started cutting chunks out of the cave walls. As he had guessed, they were indeed the giant's fat and meat, and he used it to feed the starving people. He even went back and gave some meat to the woman he had met first. Then all the people imprisoned in the giant's belly started to feel stronger and happier, but not completely happy. "You've fed us," they said, "and thanks. But how are we going to get out of here?"

"Don't worry," said Coyote. "I'll kill the giant by stabbing him in the heart. Where is his heart? It must be around here someplace."

"Look at the volcano puffing and beating over there," someone said.

"Maybe it's the heart."

"So it is, friend," said Coyote, and began to cut at this mountain.

Then the giant spoke up. "Is that you, Coyote? I've heard of you. Stop this stabbing and cutting and let me alone. You can leave through my mouth; I'll open it for you."

"I'll leave, but not quite yet," said Coyote, hacking at the heart. He told the others to get ready. "As soon as I have him in his death throes, there will be an earthquake. He'll open his jaw to take a last breath, and then his mouth will close forever. So be ready to run out fast!"

Coyote cut a deep hole in the giant's heart, and lava started to flow out. It was the giant's blood. The giant groaned, and the ground under the people's feet trembled.

"Quick, now!" shouted Coyote. The giant's mouth opened and they all ran out. The last one was the wood tick. The giant's teeth were closing on him, but Coyote managed to pull him through at the last moment.

"Look at me," cried the wood tick, "I'm all flat!"

"It happened when I pulled you through," said Coyote. "You'll always be flat from now on. Be glad you're alive."

"I guess I'll get used to it," said the wood tick, and he did.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality