Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 10:33 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I wonder how many times this thread has gone off track... but yet it keeps on going..

Time for a close IMO.
If you have no track except one of sharing, the only way you can lose the track is to become selfish and self interested.

One thing no one will argue is that when you feel the thread has lasted long enough, you should not open it. Those who wish to continue to share should continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 10:58 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
If you have no track except one of sharing, the only way you can lose the track is to become selfish and self interested.

One thing no one will argue is that when you feel the thread has lasted long enough, you should not open it. Those who wish to continue to share should continue.

Good words
I agree and this thread is not required reading for anyone. As long as it pleases some people, it is a very worthwhile thread.
We are not required to visit anyone and should do so only if we value and enjoy their company.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:25 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I suppose that I have no belief. I honor those that have them, truly I do, regardless of what shape their religion takes. In fact, I somewhat envy them their faith. It would be nice to have a soft place to land.

As for me, I don't know why, I just never have had faith. Even as a child, I couldn't connect with the abstract. So, I teach my children religion (as I said, I envy those that have faith, and I am very pleased that my eldest dd has a lot of it) and I sit in church but I feel like an imposter. Conversly, when my daughter was born I knew that there had to be a God to make birth the miracle that it is. But how to connect? I really don't know.
camping! - I hope that you will continue to see what God is showing you, as He did at the birth of your daughter. To be totally open with you, as I read that, I had tears in my eyes... knowing that what He's trying to tell you, you've at least on this occasion, heard.

I can't see wind, but I know it's there. I can see its effects, but I can't see it.
I can't see love, but know oh so well that I have it to me and from me.
My first name is Thomas - like the 'doubting' one? So I know your struggles. I wouldn't (obviously) know you if you were standing in front of me at Wal-Mart, but I will pray for you. I will pray that you will see more of His signs that He does exist, and that you will someday rejoice from knowing Him better, and, when your time on earth is done, you too will rest in the House of the Lord, forever!

I bid you peace...

Old 03-25-2015, 05:04 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Without this thread I would never have heard of the great "Indian Car" song.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Without this thread I would never have heard of the great "Indian Car" song.
One of the Great Classics and a testimony of the educational value of this thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:14 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Ever wonder why the turtle carries the world on his back? Because he was our little calendar. 1 scale surrounded by 12 scales. This ones for you Ptsum.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:21 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Ever wonder why the turtle carries the world on his back? Because he was our little calendar. 1 scale surrounded by 12 scales. This ones for you Ptsum.
wado pinacled,Turtle Island has many lessons to be taught and learned..

Old 03-29-2015, 08:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I saw a pretty cool effect in the shell. It's 3d. The orange is the base(floor. Black buildings are coming up from the orange base. The dome of the shell is like glass.

Anybody else see it?

Old 03-29-2015, 09:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
I have been burdened for some time now, more than a year, and it seems those difficulties will soon be coming to a head. They are largely emotional, for those who may fear for my physical or spiritual well-being, though I admit to being saddened and puzzled and occasionally, angry.

In any event, I have come many times to sit silently at the circle in the past year and have always drawn some degree of solace by doing so.

I thank my brothers and sisters of the circle for making it a welcoming, safe place.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have been burdened for some time now, more than a year, and it seems those difficulties will soon be coming to a head. They are largely emotional, for those who may fear for my physical or spiritual well-being, though I admit to being saddened and puzzled and occasionally, angry.

In any event, I have come many times to sit silently at the circle in the past year and have always drawn some degree of solace by doing so.

I thank my brothers and sisters of the circle for making it a welcoming, safe place.
Very true my brother. I often come here when I feel frustrated, angry or hurt. Just reading a page or 2 has a calming and soothing effect.

I thank all who post here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality