Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 03:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The best science to date sees EVERYTHING that manifests within our Reality as some form of energy/mass/momentum within a field. Our consciousness clearly manifests within our Reality and acts upon it despite the fact that we can NOT measure it directly - only through its effects.
One of the great mysteries of science IS what consciousness is. Is it limited to humans? Sentient beings? Multicellular organisms? Single cells? What about inanimate entities?

Unless and until consciousness really can be defined, we can not say what it consists of, and includes energy as a component. You might be right, but there is nothing that can show that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 03:29 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
You already know you are worm food, yet you invest time debating those who do no believe they are worm food?! That's logical.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
You know you are worm food, yet you invest time debating those who do no believe they are worm food?!
Seeing you have a penchant for making comments without quoting what they are referring to, I was lucky to see that no one posted in between yours and mine, so I can respond.

Everyone will become wormfood. That is a fact. What is not a fact is that an afterlife exists. I deal in facts and best known science, not wishes, myths or fantasies, no matter how many of my fellow humans have those fantasies.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:32 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
One of the great mysteries of science IS what consciousness is. Is it limited to humans? Sentient beings? Multicellular organisms? Single cells? What about inanimate entities?
Unless and until consciousness really can be defined, we can not say what it consists of, and includes energy as a component. You might be right, but there is nothing that can show that.
There is NO manifestation within our Reality that is NOT comprised of energy within a field so that pretty much becomes the default for all manifestations unless found otherwise.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Seeing you have a penchant for making comments without quoting what they are referring to, I was lucky to see that no one posted in between yours and mine, so I can respond.
Everyone will become wormfood. That is a fact. What is not a fact is that an afterlife exists. I deal in facts and best known science, not wishes, myths or fantasies, no matter how many of my fellow humans have those fantasies.
That is you truth to live and die by and who's trying to argue you out of that?! Now that you have your solution there's no need for any hostile attitude and/or belittling "do you even know how to spell science?" etc.

And obviously anything caught on video is off-limits, so enjoy.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:41 PM

2,962 posts, read 863,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
Lots of different ideas about this one.

Some people see "the light". Other people don't see anything. They blackout and wake up in the hospital without remembering anything. There are others who see darkness and weird stuff and describe it as a version of "hell".

Science says the brain is still active even 20 minutes after you are pronounced dead.

Are there any case studies of a person who died for like 40-60 minutes then came back to life? Meaning they came back to life after the time limit expired for the brain to have any possible activity?

I think people use the afterlife as a source of comfort that life continues and they will see their loved ones. The thought that dying is the end. You will just die and that's it is a thought many people can't comprehend.

There's also the idea of reincarnation where your "energy" will be transferred to another living thing and you start a new life from that living thing.
Is it still possible to add a yes/no poll to this thread? It would be interesting to see the results.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
That is you truth to live and die by and who's trying to argue you out of that?! Now that you have your solution there's no need for any hostile attitude and/or belittling "do you even know how to spell science?" etc.

And obviously anything caught on video is off-limits, so enjoy.
Soooo.... do you understand what a scientific theory means or not?

Old 07-17-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Soooo.... do you understand what a scientific theory means or not?
Soooo...are you going to use science to disprove the afterlife?

Old 07-17-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Soooo...are you going to use science to disprove the afterlife?
You don't understand science as soon as you made this statement, it is obvious. And I bet you have no idea why my first sentence here is true, do you?

As is typical of so many on this forum, they never answer a question, but deflect, obfuscate, and throw an irrelevant question back, thinking they are clever.

Old 07-17-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
You don't understand science as soon as you made this statement, it is obvious. And I bet you have no idea why my first sentence here is true, do you?

As is typical of so many on this forum, they never answer a question, but deflect, obfuscate, and throw an irrelevant question back, thinking they are clever.
Okay. You would like to discuss science. I am not preventing you from discussing anything you'd like. I addressed the OP. I do not know why you've diverted to whatever. And I am not trying to convince you, you are anything other than worm food...so I am not sure why you have your claws out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality