Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
The science is religion. Yes We see. On the TV speak: Those people from a cave celebrated religious - mystical cults. Sciences were not... Why you see I ? In Bibles it is written : should give certain quantity of the stolen riches, a part of slaves and virgins ... to Bibles Gods .

There is such book of the Bible: "figures".
By the way. To god of of 400 virgins and is a lot of animals.
What for to Christian (Jewish) God of the virgin? Probably that God and angels ****ed them... You are confident now : God did not exist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Huh? Your gonna have to run that by me again....?????
Seconded. W. T. Fragrance?

eloy; was it your intent to convince us here? How, pray tell? Perhaps you should have a friend translate for you, since this makes no sense to the Western/english-speaking mind. Rather, it suggests you are "on" something...

But meantime,in simple anglais: you're correct! God does not exist. Nor Allah. Figments or an ancient, fearful tribal mindset.

There. Simple and easy to understand, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 08:42 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Atheism doesn't mean someone knows there is no god. It means that someone sees no evidence for god and therefore does not believe in god.

....... but after centuries of believers trying to produce some evidence and coming up empty, the lack of any evidence at all the belief there is no god becomes a certainty.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Yes. That's the real basis of atheism. The admitting of the possibility of a god but not believing in what isn't proven is only the logical technicalities.

What REALLY counts is all the myriad arguments and counter - arguments for or against - Biblical, Evolutionary, Cosmological, moral and philosophical.

So far the arguments held up as strong evidence for God in the days when everyone Believed have been shown up to be unsupportable. The gaps for God have dwindled to a few arguments from ignorance and denial of the validity of empirical fact - finding.

Even the best brains theism can muster use logical fallacy in marshalling their arguments. We saw that with Alvin Plantinga - the nearest thing to class 1 brain Theism has produced in recent years.

The evidence for Bible truth very quickly runs into poor method or fallacy again - finding fishooks in Capernaum houses or cave -dwellings in Bethlehem. That's as valid as arguing that James Bond must be true because no -one can deny that the Russians had spies and if no -one has ever proved SPECTRE existed, no -one had disproved it have they?

But that just logic too, the REAL evidence is that the Bethlehem story is disprovable beyond reasonable doubt and so is the resurrection, and Jesus' sayings and doings, and whether the apostles caught fish or not is beside the point.

Put together and having learned enough at least not to be fooled by false claims and logical fallacies, we see that there is no good evidence for any god and Biblegod no less.

That is the reason why there is no logical or rational belief - stance for anyone with intellectual self - respect but that of atheism.
Taking refuge in 'agnosticism' is ignorance. Opting out to Deism is illogic. Adhering to faith 'I don't care what you say' is pitiful.

Atheism is the better worldview. It is. It really is. Logically and rationally, it cannot be other.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:02 PM

19 posts, read 23,765 times
I am sorry i almost forgot about this topic, anyway i wanna ask you something (athiests), have you ever hated someone? have you ever felt "Hate"? if yes, do you feel it in your heart or brains?

Old 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthydani View Post
I am sorry i almost forgot about this topic, anyway i wanna ask you something (athiests), ....
It's atheists not athiests. Sorry, bit of a bug with me.

Quote:
...have you ever hated someone? have you ever felt "Hate"?
Yes.

Quote:
if yes, do you feel it in your heart or brains?
Well I suppose it must be in the brain, seeing how hate is an emotion and the heart is nothing more than a pump and incapable of producing emotions.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
If an emotion is strong enough it can be felt in the heart for the simple reason that strong emotions send a burst of adrenaline into the blood stream, increasing blood pressure and heart rate. That doesn't mean that the emotion originates in the heart...Emotions, all of them originate in the brain.

I thought most people understood their own anatomy and what make our bodies tick....Guess I'm wrong again.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
filthydani: If you are angling to demean atheists by trying to show that we have felt hatred and theists have not, your attempt is doomed from the start.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's atheists not athiests. Sorry, bit of a bug with me.
Maybe it's athy, athier, and athiest.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:34 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If an emotion is strong enough it can be felt in the heart for the simple reason that strong emotions send a burst of adrenaline into the blood stream, increasing blood pressure and heart rate. That doesn't mean that the emotion originates in the heart...Emotions, all of them originate in the brain.
Fair comment!

Quote:
I thought most people understood their own anatomy and what make our bodies tick....Guess I'm wrong again.
Sorry about that...no wonder I flunked my 'First Aid' exam.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM

19 posts, read 23,765 times
what does islam say about souls anyway? even thought i am a muslim, i actually didnt know that the answer was in quraan untill now after i made some research, it answers this question in a very clear and simple answer...but for atheist its not really an answer

verse 17:85

وَيَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الرُّوحِ قُلِ الرُّوحُ مِنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّي وَمَا أُوتِيتُم مِّن الْعِلْمِ إِلاَّ قَلِيلاً
And they ask you about the soul. Say, .The soul is something from the command of my Lord, and you are not given from the knowledge but a little.

And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about the soul. Say, "The soul is of the affair of my Lord. And mankind have not been given of knowledge except a little."

Guess there is no way to know at least till we are alive..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality