U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Lambs Book of Life
1,592 posts, read 2,955,413 times
Reputation: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You're kidding right? Nobody that has replied to your posts hates you, christians or your god..
You're kidding, right? Have you ever read any of Chielgirl's posts? She has more bitterness and loathing seething from her posts than any I've seen. This is all very personal to her. That is abundantly clear. Classic Holy Ghost conviction case. Prayer is very much needed there. To put it in secular terms: "Me thinks she doth protest too much."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,024 posts, read 16,666,083 times
Reputation: 9614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
You're kidding, right? Have you ever read any of Chielgirl's posts? She has more bitterness and loathing seething from her posts than any I've seen. This is all very personal to her. That is abundantly clear. Classic Holy Ghost conviction case. Prayer is very much needed there. To put it in secular terms: "Me thinks she doth protest too much."
Sorry, I just don't buy it. I think perhaps you are being overly sensitive. Hate is an awfully strong emotion to find on a forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Netherlands
249 posts, read 336,722 times
Reputation: 66
Default But you, who are you to be judging your neighbour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
You're kidding, right? Have you ever read any of Chielgirl's posts? She has more bitterness and loathing seething from her posts than any I've seen. This is all very personal to her. That is abundantly clear. Classic Holy Ghost conviction case. Prayer is very much needed there. To put it in secular terms: "Me thinks she doth protest too much."
Doesn't a Christian.. by definition.. believe in Christ's teachings then.. ?

And I thought it was supposed to be the atheists who don't believe (sigh).


---

"One there is that is lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But you, who are you to be judging your neighbour?" - James 4:12

-

"Therefore let us not be judging one another any longer, but rather make this your decision, not to put before a brother a stumbling block or a cause for tripping."

Romans 14:13

-

"Stop judging that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you." - Matthew 7:1

-

"Moreover, stop judging, and you will by no means be judged; and stop condemning, and you will by no means be condemned. Keep on releasing, and you will be released."

Luke 6:37

-

And.. it is not prayer that is needed here..

Maybe a more careful re-reading of scriptures will help you.. much more than a prayer.

-

Last edited by accelerator; 05-08-2008 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 9,949,245 times
Reputation: 1525
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord
Quote:
I was reading the last two posts who quoted me, picking and twisting each and every word I wrote.
Right.
Everyone who disagrees with a Christian plainly hates them.
Aren't you just victimising yourself?
I mean, the only reason you call me a blasphemer is because I disagree with you. In the old days Christians would've burned anyone who disagreed with them on the stake. Whether Christians hated these blasphemers or not is of no consequence because in the end, exactly like the many Germans during WWII, they just did as their (spiritual) leader commanded.
So tell me, who hates who here?
Did those who ended at the stake hate the Christians?
Or was it the Christians who hated those who disagreed with them?
BTW who do you think Jesus would call the lost: those who where burned at the stake or those who put them on it for merely disagreeing with them?

DayoftheLord you are a hypocrite, you don't even know who truly is lost.
As I said before: some Christians are exactly like Nazis, because they never doubt themselves.
And this behaviour is what makes them dangerous, not that they've committed atrocities in the name of their beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 02:09 AM
 
Location: Earth
24,642 posts, read 13,510,893 times
Reputation: 11057
Day, I don't know of anyone who I hate, therefore a hypocrite on the internet is certainly not going to take my energy.

I did not pick and twist your words. I addressed your entire post. Problem with that? Why, because I hit a chord?

Christians of your ilk are one of the reasons why I have fun playing on the internet. Hypocrisy is so much fun to mess with. Thanks for the entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 07:24 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 5,851,557 times
Reputation: 58110
Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerator View Post
This is your understanding (or interpretation).

So.. isn't the bible an occult book..?

What puzzles me is.. why do you see religion as being so materialistic.. ?
Isn't it really concerned with the activity of hearts and minds.. ?
Taking what you are saying into consideration.. then it MUST be spiritual alone.

And all this talk of what the bible says about sex.. is pure literalistic nonsense.. sexual terms are being used comparatively.. to illustrate mankind's spiritual relationship towards God.. not our physical relationship towards each other.. (sigh). Such sexual terms are used to denounce leaders.. judges.. and priests.. who pervert God's law.

So why do you say the bible should be read literally.. ?

Isaiah 14:9
Leviticus 17:7
1Corinthians 2:6
Job5:27
2Corinthians 1:12
Daniel 2:3
Judges 2:17
-
Your post was extremely long, so I have taken the liberty to condense it into your words and where to find the scriptures your quoted. I have another post somewhere either in this thread or 2 others that addresses all of this quite nicely, if you would care to search for it. As I stated in that post, the Bible is filled with dreams, visions, parables and stories that were given to the authors from God or in the NT Jesus spoke them. If you want to pick through each inconsistency or verse in the Bible that you perceive to be "less than believable and shouldn't be taken literally", then that's your choice.

How is it that you know all of these scriptures and went to so much trouble to prove your point that the Bible should not be taken literally? That is the biggest contradiction in terms I think I have ever seen.

The only thing you proved is that the Bible SHOULD be taken literally, and that you need to be in the Holy Spirit to study and discern what the Bible means by all the visions, dreams, parables and stories.

Thank you for confirming my statement that the Bible is meant to be read and studied, literally as well as spiritually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 5,851,557 times
Reputation: 58110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
You're kidding, right? Have you ever read any of Chielgirl's posts? She has more bitterness and loathing seething from her posts than any I've seen. This is all very personal to her. That is abundantly clear. Classic Holy Ghost conviction case. Prayer is very much needed there. To put it in secular terms: "Me thinks she doth protest too much."
Thanks, SL. You're absolutely right...CG spews out hatred like the pea soup in the Exorcist. But once confronted "oh, I don't hate anyone, you're delusional" as well as all the other non-believers that just chimed in after your post. It's so obvious, and trying to deny it is futile. Sometimes the devil is in plain view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 9,949,245 times
Reputation: 1525
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord
Quote:
It's so obvious, and trying to deny it is futile.
Spoken like a true 'Christian'?

Quote:
Sometimes the devil is in plain view.
Have you looked in the mirror lately?
It is always the others, right? Never yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 5,851,557 times
Reputation: 58110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by DayoftheLordRight.
Everyone who disagrees with a Christian plainly hates them.
Aren't you just victimising yourself?
I mean, the only reason you call me a blasphemer is because I disagree with you. In the old days Christians would've burned anyone who disagreed with them on the stake. Whether Christians hated these blasphemers or not is of no consequence because in the end, exactly like the many Germans during WWII, they just did as their (spiritual) leader commanded.
So tell me, who hates who here?
Did those who ended at the stake hate the Christians?
Or was it the Christians who hated those who disagreed with them?
BTW who do you think Jesus would call the lost: those who where burned at the stake or those who put them on it for merely disagreeing with them?

DayoftheLord you are a hypocrite, you don't even know who truly is lost.
As I said before: some Christians are exactly like Nazis, because they never doubt themselves.
And this behaviour is what makes them dangerous, not that they've committed atrocities in the name of their beliefs.
You think I'm a hypocrite because I don't agree with you. You think I'm a Nazi because I stand my ground with my beliefs. You think I'm dangerous because I have convictions that no one can sway. You think I'm the hater because you defy God and you don't agree with what I believe. You think I'm the one that Jesus would consider to be lost because of something that happened hundreds of years ago and because you say that I am lost.

Well, I think that about covers your accusations. Praise be to God that what you say means nothing, and your hatred is wasted on me. I, on the other hand, will be praying for you. Hmmm....I'd like to take a poll as to who is filled with contempt and hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,532 posts, read 9,949,245 times
Reputation: 1525
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord
Quote:
You think I'm a hypocrite because I don't agree with you. You think I'm a Nazi because I stand my ground with my beliefs.
Who says that I hate you?
I only said that what Christians and Nazis have in common is their blind obedience and their utter conviction that they are doing the right thing.
I only call you a hypocrite because you accuse others of doing that which you do yourself.
Unlike you I have NEVER claimed that I was acting in God’s name or that God is at my side an therefore cannot be wrong.
What I do, I do not because of God or some Holy Scripture but of what I have experienced in my life.
That I largely agree with Jesus is another matter altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top