Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 11:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
Wait, wasn't there something about "non-terrestrial" officers, or am I confusing this hack with another?
'Non terrestrial officers' has nothing to do with outer space or UFOs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 11:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
There's far more concrete evidence of aliens than there is of God.
I would agree, but I hate the word 'aliens'...thats not what these beings really are.

Non-human entities(NHEs) is a much better word imo.

Old 08-31-2020, 03:14 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Belief in Alien would be hit or miss in witness just like the demonic ghost that attracts demons spirits by fear, where to know God who is there all the time night and day for the believers where God is motivated by love and not fear ..... So the belief in aliens from outer space would be a legalism idea of religion as God does not support this belief apart from fable science fiction

Old 08-31-2020, 05:44 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
With the kind of information that's coming out re UFOs, and about the information on the Pentagon's UFO program disclosed by the New York Times, it's hard to deny that they're real. What puzzles me is how atheists think UFOs support their worldview. There's no evidence whatsoever that UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin. But even if they are, life does not arise by chance, but by design.

Now, for a Christian, we can explain why there might be UFOs. They would be operated by wicked beings such as demons or the angels that sinned, which the Bible has much to say about.

https://jamesperloff.com/2015/04/28/...-supernatural/

I don't agree with everything in this article, but one thing I do agree with is that in the antediluvian (pre-Flood) world, there were wicked mixed marriages between the "sons of God" (angels that sinned) and human females:

Genesis 6:4:

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

On a side note, they've found remains of these giants. Evolutionists don't know what to do with them, because it doesn't fit into their worldview, so you don't hear about it. So the evidence has been suppressed, but the article I posted contains century-old newspaper clippings publishing such discoveries. So you cannot deny that these giants--which the Bible describes and evolution rejects as impossible--have been found.

And an interesting note about the Greek myths.. from the article I posted:

Greek mythology may be far less mythological than traditionally believed. Hercules was said to be the son of Zeus and a mortal woman (Alcmene). It’s no leap of logic to see this is a retelling of the union of celestial beings with humans, resulting in Nephilim, whom the Bible also called “mighty men” (Genesis 6:4).

But back to UFOs: in all likelihood, these would be angels that sinned, and they're much stronger and more intelligent than men.

It is a foolish thought, the one propounded in the OP. The God of the Bible is the great "I Am" - the self-existent First Cause of all things in the universe (Col 1:16).

Exodus 3:14:

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.

What are UFOs and their operators but created things? It's so funny that atheists are turning to belief in aliens, and still won't acknowledge God. They're basically turning back to paganism and worshiping of angels and other created beings. That seems to be what the Greeks did. But seek the LORD Jehovah God, for there is no one greater than Him. Being under the shadow of His wings, being in Christ, no wicked angels nor demons nor principalities and powers nor even Satan himself can ever ultimately hurt you, and He promises nothing and no one shall ever pluck us out of His hand!

The devils fear Jesus Christ greatly! And they know their time is short.

Last edited by snj90; 08-31-2020 at 06:26 AM..

Old 08-31-2020, 06:40 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Have you ever been to the Black Vault website? Its dedicated to posting declassified Govt documents on a wide range of topics, aliens/UFOs are one of their most popular though, they have 1000s and 1000s of declassified docs that somehow relate to this topic, much of it is redacted, but a lot of is not, Ive seen some very interesting documents on there.

Whatever it is, it seems to have gotten started in the early 1940s and its grown in intensity ever since, the general consensus appears to be, the 'truth' about these things is apparently so incredibly bizarre or frightening, they feel the public could not handle such information...and in some ways, I totally agree with that.

I believe the goal is to make the public believe extraterrestrial aliens created us, as some kind of experiment...and that THEY should be viewed as gods...and that all other organized religions should be banned, (because it could possibly offend our new gods, that we are worshiping old fake gods).

Besides all that, I doubt very much Edward Snowden would had access to THIS level of information! (there are a few different levels of classification in our govt), I have read before that the highest level is supposedly named 'Top secret-Magic', there is also a 'top secret -cosmic' (which actually has nothing to do with outer space oddly enough), Ive heard a few others here and there.
LOL, you think our gov't has the ability to keep secrets this big under wraps?

Old 08-31-2020, 06:44 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
With the kind of information that's coming out re UFOs, and about the information on the Pentagon's UFO program disclosed by the New York Times, it's hard to deny that they're real. What puzzles me is how atheists think UFOs support their worldview. There's no evidence whatsoever that UFOs are of extraterrestrial origin.
There is no evidence they are not.

Quote:
But even if they are, life does not arise by chance, but by design.
But the designer was not designed, right?

Quote:
Now, for a Christian, we can explain why there might be UFOs. They would be operated by wicked beings such as demons or the angels that sinned, which the Bible has much to say about.
You do not need to be a christian to invent silly excuses.

Sorry, I went to sleep after this. Did I miss anything?

Quote:
What are UFOs and their operators but created things? It's so funny that atheists are turning to belief in aliens, and still won't acknowledge God.
Why? We know life exists?

Old 09-01-2020, 07:13 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
just based on the periodic table life is out there.

in fact, its more valid to say its out there than to say we are the only ones.

I guess some people can't can't think past the end of their face.
What you're describing are possibilities, but that is not evidence of life. The universe presents a ton of possibilities because there are plenty of locations (planets, moons...) that could harbor life. All that we know for sure right now is that there's one place where life did arise (Eath). That's 1 planet out of an estimated 10^24 in the observable universe.

You don't know what the actual odds of life arising are. It could be extremely common or a fluke. What if the actual odds were 1 in 10^100 (that number is known as a googol)? If that were the case, we could very well be alone.

Old 09-02-2020, 07:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
What you're describing are possibilities, but that is not evidence of life. The universe presents a ton of possibilities because there are plenty of locations (planets, moons...) that could harbor life. All that we know for sure right now is that there's one place where life did arise (Eath). That's 1 planet out of an estimated 10^24 in the observable universe.

You don't know what the actual odds of life arising are. It could be extremely common or a fluke. What if the actual odds were 1 in 10^100 (that number is known as a googol)? If that were the case, we could very well be alone.
I use only the life cycle of a star my man. from big bang until now.

holding to "there is no evidence" means what exactly? means squat to me in this topic.

its so far in a way more valid to say "there is probably life out there" that I don't even say there isn't.

Before the first planet was discovered I told my astronomy professor "There are planets out there". He told me "you can't say that.". I told him exactly what I am telling you.

Based solely on the periodic table, Particle physics, and the life cylcle of stars, I am 100% sure there are planets.

you can say anything you want past that. You will be wrong in due time.

why do you have to avoid it is way more interesting to me?

Old 09-02-2020, 11:50 AM

1,161 posts, read 466,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
The number of Americans who believe in*intelligent alien life is now about the same as the number who believe in God*— and*Diana Pasulka doesn’t think that’s a coincidence.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/profes...place-religion
Professor Pasulka is a bona fide nutcase. I defy anyone to read her book American Cosmic and come away believing the author is anything but an exceedingly credulous goof. (A metal detector that fills a backpack with alien artifacts in the New Mexico desert and somehow distinguishes them from the surrounding tin cans - really? Read the book - she actually believed this and a whole lot more.) I happen to be far more immersed in ufology that Pasulka ever dreamed about being, and I am open to a lot of strange notions, but I still recognize a flat-out credulous nutcase when I encounter one.

A belief in intelligent alien life is neither here nor there insofar as religious belief (and specifically Christian belief) is concerned. The two are not inconsistent or necessarily overlapping. I suppose alien theology (if there is such a thing) could have some bearing on religious belief, but that is a different issue.

Much of the UFO craze in the fifties, and specifically the contactee segment, focused on Space Brothers who would save us from the evils of the Atomic Age. Watch "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951), still one of the greatest and most intelligent science fiction films. Things like the Aetherius Society and the Urantia cult are examples of the quasi-religious nature of such views. Or read the classic psychological study When Prophecy Fails (1956), where the Space Brothers failed to show up as promised but the cult members went right on believing. There will always be some small segment of the population that clings to the hope of salvation (at least in human terms) from The Aliens, even if they aren't even known to exist.

In Christian terms, the increasing fascination with aliens and the substitution of them as the hope for mankind, can be seen as precisely the sort of thing the Bible predicts for the end times - i.e., a satanic diversion or deception. I don't necessarily share this view, but neither do I dismiss it.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irkle Berserkle View Post
Professor Pasulka is a bona fide nutcase. I defy anyone to read her book American Cosmic and come away believing the author is anything but an exceedingly credulous goof. (A metal detector that fills a backpack with alien artifacts in the New Mexico desert and somehow distinguishes them from the surrounding tin cans - really? Read the book - she actually believed this and a whole lot more.) I happen to be far more immersed in ufology that Pasulka ever dreamed about being, and I am open to a lot of strange notions, but I still recognize a flat-out credulous nutcase when I encounter one.

A belief in intelligent alien life is neither here nor there insofar as religious belief (and specifically Christian belief) is concerned. The two are not inconsistent or necessarily overlapping. I suppose alien theology (if there is such a thing) could have some bearing on religious belief, but that is a different issue.

Much of the UFO craze in the fifties, and specifically the contactee segment, focused on Space Brothers who would save us from the evils of the Atomic Age. Watch "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951), still one of the greatest and most intelligent science fiction films. Things like the Aetherius Society and the Urantia cult are examples of the quasi-religious nature of such views. Or read the classic psychological study When Prophecy Fails (1956), where the Space Brothers failed to show up as promised but the cult members went right on believing. There will always be some small segment of the population that clings to the hope of salvation (at least in human terms) from The Aliens, even if they aren't even known to exist.

In Christian terms, the increasing fascination with aliens and the substitution of them as the hope for mankind, can be seen as precisely the sort of thing the Bible predicts for the end times - i.e., a satanic diversion or deception. I don't necessarily share this view, but neither do I dismiss it.
actually its really important. The science shows that there is "something more". In fact, is so far in a way more valid that some atheist have violent (meaning strong ... we have some people that are so literal they break) to saying it.

The question is really about what that something more is?

deity
aliens
living universe
non living universe
living biosphere
non ling biosphere
anti-godfaith
nothing

add any others that I forgot

just what is this something? deity (Jewish type) and anti-godfaith are least reliable choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality