U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA
2,308 posts, read 2,062,027 times
Reputation: 369

Advertisements

Quote:
LONDON (AFP) - British Christians will be able to pray together wherever they are in future, by subscribing to a new mobile phone text alert service unveiled Thursday.
OK! What's next? Communal marriages and funerals! Sorry, this is just too weird!

Christians offered mobile 'prayer alerts' - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,244,935 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
OK! What's next? Communal marriages and funerals! Sorry, this is just too weird!

Christians offered mobile 'prayer alerts' - Yahoo! News (broken link)
As comical as you find this, you seem to forget one very important thing:

We actually believe what we claim to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA
2,308 posts, read 2,062,027 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
As comical as you find this, you seem to forget one very important thing:

We actually believe what we claim to believe.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. But this is like Muslims being called to prayer 5 times a day by the PA speakers on the minarets of the Mosques. IMO, this is a techie version of the Muslims being called to prayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
 
7,780 posts, read 13,244,935 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Yeah, I know what you're saying. But this is like Muslims being called to prayer 5 times a day by the PA speakers on the minarets of the Mosques. IMO, this is a techie version of the Muslims being called to prayer.
Whether I'm right and Muslim is wrong or vice versa or both of us wrong is all up for debate.

But we do both believe in the power of prayer.

So we pray.

Because we believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania USA
2,308 posts, read 2,062,027 times
Reputation: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Whether I'm right and Muslim is wrong or vice versa or both of us wrong is all up for debate.

But we do both believe in the power of prayer.

So we pray.

Because we believe.
I always get the best posts on this forum. It must be the spiritual inspiration of the postees! "Posters" sounded dumb!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top