Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well I don't believe there is a relationship. Pure communism means everything is owned and controlled by the state including the media. The individual has no rights of ownership of land or business, and very few other rights. Atheism simply means a non belief in a higher power.

Well, this is your opinion, but you could be wrong. Most people are some of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 10:48 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Well, this is your opinion, but you could be wrong. Most people are some of the time.
Actually, he provided an accurate definition of atheism and communism. And no, they are in no way connected. That's like me saying Protestants are all KKK members.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:52 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
No I'm not wrong. those are the facts, mam, just the facts.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Then this discussion should not interest you. Some of us are still seeking knowledge.
I haven't seen this exhibited in any of your responses, claims that atheists=communists, that we are somehow lesser than the good christians, and obviously EVIL. Open minded, hardly.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:58 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Although, Germany was mostly Christian the Nazi leadership was not. There are two books that explain the beliefs of the Nazi leadership. "Nazi Occultism" and "The Deathshead". (I can't remember the authors.)
I understand that. But, I was referring to Hitler and not the rest of the Nazi German leadership (who did have some "Christians" in there too). The point I was making is that there is suggestible evidence to say that Hitler believed in the Christian God. That would, in my opinion, make him a Christian.

Quote:
I did not say create. A person's idealogy and philosophy always effect every thought, and decision that person makes in life. So naturally their belief system had a great impact on the communist idealogy.
I think you misunderstand non-belief. The only predication that atheism has is a disbelief in a deity. It doesn't seek to define laws, morals, political ventures or anything else. It's simply a non-belief. What people choose to do "extra-curricularly" is merely a tenant of their own discretion. So, it is quite possible that horrendous people will do things if they are Atheists but they are not doing it because of some sort of Atheist philosophy. There is no Atheist philosophy (to include Communism).

Quote:
This first rule of propaganda is the bigger the lie, the easier people believe it.
Perhaps you should be skeptical of the propaganda you've been hearing...

Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
This is my opinion, communism and atheism go hand in hand. I'm not going to try and change your opinion, not that I could.

Communism and atheism are completely different concepts.. may I suggest a dictionary?

Old 05-09-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well I don't believe there is a relationship.

Well, that is your belief. That does not make it a fact that there is no connection between the two.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I haven't seen this exhibited in any of your responses, claims that atheists=communists, that we are somehow lesser than the good christians, and obviously EVIL. Open minded, hardly.

You keep saying that I say atheists=communists.
This is not correct. My point is atheism was a great influence on the communist theology. That does not mean they are one and the same.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I understand that. But, I was referring to Hitler and not the rest of the Nazi German leadership (who did have some "Christians" in there too). The point I was making is that there is suggestible evidence to say that Hitler believed in the Christian God. That would, in my opinion, make him a Christian.

Again, if you read the books I suggeted you will find that Hitler was an occultist. You say there is suggestible evidence. What is it? I think you are trying to make a connection that does not exist.

I think you misunderstand non-belief. The only predication that atheism has is a disbelief in a deity. It doesn't seek to define laws, morals, political ventures or anything else. It's simply a non-belief. What people choose to do "extra-curricularly" is merely a tenant of their own discretion. So, it is quite possible that horrendous people will do things if they are Atheists but they are not doing it because of some sort of Atheist philosophy. There is no Atheist philosophy (to include Communism).

I agree with your definition of Atheism. However, I do not believe you can divorce your belief system from the decisions that you make. That seems intellectually dishonest to me. I am not making a personal attack on you or anyone else. I am trying to show cause and effect. While you may not be able to understand what I am saying, there may be some who will.

Perhaps you should be skeptical of the propaganda you've been hearing...

I think you could appy this statement to yourself. I think we should all be skeptical when searching for the truth.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Communism and atheism are completely different concepts.. may I suggest a dictionary?

I see you have not read all my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality