Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2020, 03:53 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Those questions expose Trans’ dishonesty about his stated motives. No wonder he runs away from answering.

He claims to be motivated by the goal of reducing Christian influence in schools, politics and legislative, but the reality is this is simply a cathartic, yet unproductive, outlet for his anger over the influence of Christianity. He’s motivated by anger.
Non-sequitur and projection. You have an emotional response to rational arguments that show your arguments are not only bad arguments, they refute your own position.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:55 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
You can’t answer the question because you don’t want to acknowledge what I’m saying is the truth.

You claim you’re on an important mission to reduce Christian influence in schools, politics and legislation, but the reality is this is simply a cathartic, yet unproductive, outlet for his anger over the influence of Christianity.

Let’s not pretend there is some loftier goal that is motivating you. Ok?
No, it is your turn to answer the 34,529,873,698,741 questions you constantly evade.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
You can’t answer the question because you don’t want to acknowledge what I’m saying is the truth.

You claim you’re on an important mission to reduce Christian influence in schools, politics and legislation, but the reality is this is simply a cathartic, yet unproductive, outlet for his anger over the influence of Christianity.

I agree the end aim of 'New' atheism (remove, rather than reduce ) well, then, let's assume for sake of argument that anger about the influence of Christianity in the US (like it bothers me in the UK ) was the motivation for me being here, so (quite apart from your original point that I was not making effective use of my time arguing on this Forum) what? If the motives are sound, would being annoyed about it make them unsound? What is your point?

That's two questions you now owe me.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:45 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're welcome to address anything you wish.

thank you ... That is exactly my point.

similar personalities behave similarly. A belief or non belief is not the problem.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I do what I do. I'm not in need of your endorsement. What are you doing here rather than helping to preach the word in hopes to rollback the inroads that irreligion is (or was) making? This is a Question I'd like answered. Before I answer any more of your endless queries.

Well let's see you answer the one I asked. The maybe you'll have my answer, too.
That's is the very point trans. You are here for a political reason to stop religion. How does that affect religion and spatiality conversations? As the primary focus right.

Is he really here to weaken the inroads? and how are his answers to anything spiritual when that is his primary goal?

In terms of discussing valid claims about the universe? how are they similar and how are they different?

Old 11-26-2020, 07:26 AM

If I get your point correctly, the point is to argue out all the various claims here and let people (and I get a lot of hits and others probably more) go away with (hopefully) some new ideas.

I have sometimes wondered whether I could be more use elsewhere and have even had a look, but I like all your company better here. And I'd rather have lesser effect and more fun here than more effect and less fun elsewhere.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:59 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lets address his points first. how can we have a meaningful conversation on what beliefs match what we see if we are focused on a political agenda of stopping religion as the primary mission first?

Old 11-26-2020, 02:13 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If I get your point correctly, the point is to argue out all the various claims here and let people (and I get a lot of hits and others probably more) go away with (hopefully) some new ideas.

I have sometimes wondered whether I could be more use elsewhere and have even had a look, but I like all your company better here. And I'd rather have lesser effect and more fun here than more effect and less fun elsewhere.
Thank you very much for your candour. To summarize, would it be fair to say that your online ‘atheist activism’ is motivated by your anger about Christian influence on society, but that your participation on these forums is more about amusing yourself (social/fun), than it is about achieving a goal of reducing Christian influence in schools, politics and legislation?
Thanks.

(I will answer your question...explaining my own motivation... in a separate comment.)

Old 11-26-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Thank you very much for your candour. To summarize, would it be fair to say that your online ‘atheist activism’ is motivated by your anger about Christian influence on society, but that your participation on these forums is more about amusing yourself (social/fun), than it is about achieving a goal of reducing Christian influence in schools, politics and legislation?
Thanks.

(I will answer your question...explaining my own motivation... in a separate comment.)
You still owe me two questions. I don't answer any more until you answer mine. And don't even think about trying to claim that I can't answer your very simple weighbrige operation above and that I'm running away. You have already had to pretend to be nicer to claw back some kind of credibility. Don't blow it.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

that thats the problem I have with that brand of atheism.

"Atheist activism" is being used as the standard we measure claims by. Its an unreliable standard because "atheist activism" is political not objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality