Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Why would I want to merge science and myth? They provide completely separate functions for humans. If they were merged what would be the result? DNA clone a unicorn? Quantum explanations for christ's ascention? Geological analysis of the great flood? (ever read Immanuel Viloskofsky's "worlds in collision"?) How about this...sociology and the witch....that would make a great novel--but a useful piece of knowledge?????

The Physics of Star Trek
?

My personal opinion on Intelligent Design is that I don't see why anyone over the age of forty would believe in it-- because the effect of gravity on a human body surely was not designed by anything with a modicum of sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 08:18 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
You seem to assume that because I find your petty tribal deity lacking, I'm atheist. Au contraire, Pierre-- I'm willing to believe he exists, at least at the same level as Zeus or Yemaya or Kahless the Unforgettable. I just don't find him particularly praiseworthy. Mostly, IME, YHWH is irrelevant.
You seem to assume that a petty tribal deity is my God . . . totally missed the point. A generic deity cannot be dismissed just because you can dismiss the absurd descriptions and attributes assigned by humans . . you can only dismiiss the specific descriptions and attributes. I suspect my attribution of intellectual was premature.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-04-2009 at 09:32 PM..

Old 03-04-2009, 09:34 PM

598 posts, read 917,190 times
The person who asked this thread question is religious, but obviously he's used his head:

If everyone around me is telling me there is God, and he can do everything, why didn't he show himself in some way?

Good question, very good question.

And, the answer is -- just as you suspected it is -- God is a lie. See, if anyone uses his head can figure that one out on his own.

So for all the people baffled by religions, you've come to the right place to discuss truth.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
The Physics of Star Trek?

My personal opinion on Intelligent Design is that I don't see why anyone over the age of forty would believe in it-- because the effect of gravity on a human body surely was not designed by anything with a modicum of sense.

Intelligent Design has nothing to do with what I said. ID is a totally unscientific idea.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:57 AM

689 posts, read 549,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
And, the answer is -- just as you suspected it is -- God is a lie.
The point is, everyone with a head can figure out that above statement is a belief out of faith.

And I think that I've already explained the "hidden" quite logically.

Last edited by Hawkins; 03-05-2009 at 02:06 AM..

Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 AM

689 posts, read 549,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Intelligent Design has nothing to do with what I said. ID is a totally unscientific idea.
unless you mean to say that outside science there is no truth.

ID is to solve the illogical puzzle that, science can't deny God while science doesn't allow the assumption of His existence.

Last edited by Hawkins; 03-05-2009 at 02:07 AM..

Old 03-05-2009, 02:12 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
The person who asked this thread question is religious, but obviously he's used his head:

If everyone around me is telling me there is God, and he can do everything, why didn't he show himself in some way?

Good question, very good question.

And, the answer is -- just as you suspected it is -- God is a lie. See, if anyone uses his head can figure that one out on his own.

So for all the people baffled by religions, you've come to the right place to discuss truth.
God did show Himself, and we nailed Him to a cross. The Bible predicted humankind would kill Him, and the Bible did this long before He came to planet earth. God is not a liar, the real liars are the one's who pretend this account does not exist. The belief that He never showed Himself, is a belief based on a lie.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
Lets not get into the Flood story, that a whole different Ball of Illogical Wax that isn't part of this thread

Suffice it say the Noah story doesn't make sense in global terms. Local area flood, perhaps, but not the entire planet. There's too many variables involved that many people don't think about.
I believe Noahs Ark is still around today. I believe God has placed it in a spot that's hard to get to, yet it may soon be revealed to the world as proof of the Bibles truth. Your variables are going to go right out the window when that happens. There is a great deal of evidence for the Arks existence today.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
The Physics of Star Trek?

Well the real reason the Evolutionist had to go to court to block the teaching of ID, is because to many other questions would arise that would put into question the whole theory of Evolution. There is a great deal of historical evidence they had to keep out of the classroom, because that evidence would shake the foundations of the Evolution theory. And if ID was taught, some of that evidence without question would of found it's way into the classroom. By not teaching ID, they can dumb down the American students, because they are only being taught one bias point of view. And that view is based not so much on science or facts, but assumptions that promotes a secular view of the world.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God did show Himself, and we nailed Him to a cross. The Bible predicted humankind would kill Him, and the Bible did this long before He came to planet earth. God is not a liar, the real liars are the one's who pretend this account does not exist. The belief that He never showed Himself, is a belief based on a lie.
And just when I thought I'd tightly closed the lid on that box of "Miracle Grow", someone comes along and knocks it over and spills a massive quantiy on the ground.

Okay Guys/Gals, come and get it!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality